HGS Employee Reviews

Best place to work
Billing and sales lead Operator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 24, 2016
Best company i have ever worked for and cares about their employees with great opportunity. I have progressed as an individual at this company vastly.
Very fast pasted with lots of training required
CSR (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 12, 2014
Took calls from medical providers with questions they had regarding overpaid insurance claims. Pulled contracts and calculated what payment should have been for a patients. Friendly co-workers. Supervisors in my office were nice but were undertrained. My co-works were more knowlegable than the office supervisors. The financial recovery was outsourced overseas, so there is no real job security working customer service .
Pros
LOT OF TRAINING WITH INSURANCE POLICIES AND REGULATIONS
Cons
VERY HARD WORK WITH VERY LITTLE PAY
Enjoyable Team Working Career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 4, 2015
I really enjoyed working at HGS. I wish they gave felons a chance to work on accounts though. But overall, a good job with nice management and great coworkers
Pros
Pay Scale
Cons
Angry callers
Good enviroment to work.
sales (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Co-workers are great.
Great pay and benefits.
Good hours.
The work place needs better management .
Pros
pay
Cons
bad mangement
Great working enviorment!!
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 23, 2015
This job encourages you to step forward and put effort into what you beleive in. I loved it. The manager is the best he is very kind hearted and understanding and he make you want to come to work just so you can learn, something like a great teacher.
Pros
EVERYTHING
Cons
NO BENIFITS
Enjoyable atmosphere, very upbeat and a lot of bell ringing.
CSR (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 1, 2013
I was responsible for taking inbound phone calls and answer any questions the consumer had about there services. We had to be sure to offer on every call services and products that we and/or our affiliates had to offer. Every sale we would make we would ring a bell. Every now and again when it seemed that the floor was in a quite mood or the atmosphere seemed tense management would get up and start clapping and singing or give up beat pep talks.
Pros
Very energetic, friendly co-workers, great pay
It can turn into a creer
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 10, 2016
has many projects to be assigned too and pay is good. they will train you and moving up in company is obtainable. The supervisors are friendly and training staff and HR are good people too.
striving for the best
CSR (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 25, 2015
a typical day was to sit at the desk and answer inbound phone calls. I learned a lot about how to handle all kinds of people in different situations. Management was very easy to get along with. My co-workers were all fun people. The hardest part of the job was getting difficult customers and letting them not take control over the situation. I enjoyed working with everybody the most.
Functionality
CSR (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 18, 2015
Computer issues make performing to the best of one's abilities impossible. Management is wonderful, training is great.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Technical issues
good benifits.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 7, 2012
I worked there a sort period of time, but I loved my coworkers and management.. benifits are amazing, but pay was min wage.
Non productive
Agent (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAMarch 3, 2016
Co workers wonderful leads are not knowledgeable and power hungry. Very unprofessional environment. Company has many kinks to work out.
Pros
Wonderful co workers
Cons
Short lunches
Good call center company
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 22, 2015
- Multiple clients located within the call center company
- Good and friendly management who seem to care about employees
- Management could improve time management and efficiency
- Some discrepancy in training and regulations
Pros
healthcare
Cons
vacation time, time management
Enjoyabe Learning
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ilAugust 29, 2015
While working for HGS, I was able to learn new companies and how they operate. I have been given a lot of new different advancements in my time there. From just basic CRS responsibilities to having more hands on with clients.
terrible place to work
csr (Former Employee) –  Peoria,ilAugust 13, 2013
There is no concern for anyone there anyone in management got there by kissing up to many bosses and non of them work unfair in anything if they don't like you. If they don't like the sound of your voice they will fire u asap and walk u out the door like a criminal. The pay is awful and offer overtime and then take it away the pay as soon as u work it by making u take time off to compensate if u want a good job this is not it.
Pros
non
Cons
all cons
Terrible
Customer Service Technical Support (Former Employee) –  El Paso, txJuly 20, 2015
Over worked, stupid management, and mandatory over time. Hard to get days off or for them to work with your school schedule even after they said they would!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything sucked
Not a horrible place to work, as long as you kiss the management's butts.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IlDecember 26, 2012
Incoming calls with adverse effects from the products. Other LPN is vicious, she wants to run the show and does not want another nurse hired in this position. Management ignores problems within the group. Alot of favoritism, if they like you, you can break rules. If they don't, they will fire you without warning.
Pros
great pay for nurses
Cons
miserably long day with all the negativity
Stress free environment with great co-workers
Customer Service Representative Humana Financial (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 10, 2012
I take calls for a insurance company, learned how to manage overpayments to providers or hospitals. People I work with are very easy going along with management and have a great opportunity to expand your position with a great work ethic.
Pros
great hours
Cons
lunch break too short
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 27, 2015
I greatly enjoyed working here, the management was incredible and made excelling at work an inevitability. I would have loved to continue working there but unfortunately had to relocate to another city.
Yeah when I had that job it was sweet down hill every since I lost it.
CUSTOMER SERIVCE REP (Former Employee) –  Peoria,IllinpoisSeptember 17, 2014
A typical day at work was logging into different Kiosk programs. I also got familiar with using Knowledge bases to handle Coleman outdoor products, and other clients for floatation devices. What I learned from HGS was handling a specific call procedures while entering data for call log and transactions procedures. My co-workers were great learning from and gaining knowledge for handling live calls. There was also a interesting chat software to enter questions in for support. The most challenging part of the job was keeping up with information on old and brand new Coleman products. The most enjoyable part was undeniable the wages. The big pluses was hanging out in a like college atmosphere with cool people who enjoyed being a part of business solutions.
Pros
overtime, fixed schedule.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMay 18, 2015
Not everyone is on the same page in management. Always something else that is wrong or can do never just cut and dry... Two different managers for same team both with totally different styles and different theroies on getting goals met
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HGS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9