HGV

HGV Employer Reviews

a good life
Driver (Current Employee), Tipton, ENGJanuary 8, 2015
get on parade.polish the wagons sweep the car park .You soon learnt that a clipboard and pen was mans best friend and that bulls##t baffled brains any day especially concerning certain ruperts,and your mates were friends or enemies for life,the hardest part was saying farewell at the end of your service.But most of all you had a good time more than the bad times .
all good
Driver (Current Employee), Worthing, ENGJanuary 6, 2015
I'm delivering and collecting goods during a day!Doing some paper works and communicate with customers!
I drive a 32 tonne M.G.W class 2 tipper wagon. Working on nights out rota.
Driver (Current Employee), Porthmadog, WLSJanuary 2, 2015
The position requires very good navigation skills, an uncanny sense of direction and exceptional map reading capabilities.
Worked as part of a commercial organisation to deliver goods all over the country
Listened to and took orders of delivery documents from senior transport managers
Communicating with managers and admin officers to make them aware of any issues or problems regarding deliveries
Working to very tight deadlines and helping colleagues if required
Required to work long and unsociable hours
Assisting staff at the destination with the unloading of goods, getting on well with them, helping as much as possible
Remaining calm even when under extreme pressure
family run ..fun work place..clean and well maintained trucks
hgv night trunk Driver (pallettforce) (Current Employee), brimsdown enfieldDecember 31, 2014
Pros: job and knock
Cons: long que for unloading
the job is a night trunk for parcel force burton upon trent..2 hours 40 minute drive ..long que to be unloaded.. take a break for 2 hours then reload and drive 2 hours 40 minutes back to brimsdown..
the small family run company is great to work for..i work with 1 other driver,we both drive a daf manual 12 speed with a splitter and pull a double deck trailer..
Good companies to work for
class 2 driver (Former Employee), herefordDecember 29, 2014
Pros: variation of work
Cons: pay
All of these companies were very educational as regards life and discipline skills.
good company
Driver (Current Employee), BatleyNovember 28, 2014
great company to work for just not enough money. have to leave because not enough money available.
busy days
Fitter (Former Employee), Selby, ENGNovember 24, 2014
always busy, nice and helpful people to work with, learn something new everyday as there was always something different to do.
mundane
Driver (Current Employee), Birmingham, ENGNovember 18, 2014
Cons: hours and wage
early starts and late finishes.
In and out of London.
A lot of waiting time making day very long and harder to get all deliveries done.
Hard work, long hours, not great pay
Driver (Former Employee), SouthamptonSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: its work
Cons: all customers seem to work much kinder hours
Arrive at work at 0500 most days, check vehicle, load and complete morning documentation.

I learned that although procedures are set by the company, the loads are often incorrect, cargo straps are often under the freight requiring an unload/reload, the vehicle keys are not always in the correrct place and reported vehicle faults have not been rectified.

Management seem far too busy to remember all that is required.

Co-workers always seem disgruntled, always something they are not happy with.

The hardest part of the job is finding servicable equipment around the yard to complete the day's work safely and efficiently.

The most enjoyable part of the job is 'going home time' knowing you have given the days your best shot
great place to work
Driver (Former Employee), King's Lynn, ENGAugust 14, 2014
Pros: my own boss
Cons: low pay
was great to work here but not enough money to keep me going.great fun maintaining the machines and running myself.
Family company very friendly
Driver 2 hiab (Current Employee), andoverAugust 1, 2014
Pros: early finish monday to friday only no weekends
Cons: not enough work possible redunces soon
Start anytime from 0400 vehicle checks drive to site meet engineer unload lift return to depot reload for next day.
The work is easy but a bit boring only one job per day the hardest part of job can be carrying the lift into building
HGV ..Now considering van & 7.5 ton work
Unemployed (Former Employee), Braintree /colchester/chelmsford areasJuly 1, 2014
My previous work as HGV driver consisted of delivering and collecting steel. My working day consisted of between 10/15 hr shifts. My work mates were all very helpful with my working day as they added support and friendship for me. This was a big part of my staying with the company for the years that I did...My immediate Manager was a friend as well as a boss, which made for a good working environment .
I am now looking for the smaller vehicle driving work and will give the same commitment to those whom will employ me.
It was a job
Driver (Former Employee), Nagel, BYJune 13, 2014
the Job paid the bills until I could come back to the UK.
I drove articulated and lorry and trailor combinations delivering cooled and refridgerated foodstuffs.
fun work please
driver (Former Employee), main office in Pfortzhaim GermanyJune 3, 2014
Pros: free travel
Cons: driving 9-10 hour per day
As a driver my day work start for example in Germany and finish in France. Get a experience to drive in a difficult weather conditions. Each time met with various people. The hardest part of the job was a floating schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was a travelling throw Europe getting paid for it.
fantastic place to work for the best
2 Driver (Current Employee), Blackburn, ENGApril 27, 2014
Pros: free work wear
Cons: cant think of one
drive truck to job then get everything sorted to start the job,clearing tanks and jet washing them.we then move on to next job ans so it continues through the day never getting board ..I have learned the job quite easily as it is not complicated .I get on well with all my work mates and i often have different people at certain times even going to Liverpool to work ,what ever i am asked to do i will do it ,gladly.the hardest part of the job comes with bad weather when the rain and cold are quite difficult ,but the job must go on regardless of these things.the most enjoyable part of the job is just waking in the morning to think just how lucky i am to have a job and i do enjoy every moment of it.also all the management team are helpful and understanding
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN PLACE
Technician (Former Employee), Derby, ENGApril 25, 2014
worked at jtl leaveley for a short time on temp basis,its a good place to work at and the garage staff where good.
long hours good pay
Driver (Former Employee), world wideJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: .
I enjoyed my time as an HGV driver with both companies. and would recommend them to anyone willing to work hard
Productive work
HGV Class 1 Driver (Current Employee), ENGJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Night/Day Shift
Good Communication skills
Positive atitude
Driver (Former Employee), LondonNovember 14, 2013
A great job. Driving various vehicles, such as, flatbeds, curtainsiders RoRo, skips, refuse and trailers.
productive
Driver-PSV Driver-Mobile Crane (Former Employee), all overOctober 17, 2013
Pros: good learning curve
versitile hard work very intersting worked all over the world