hhgregg

hhgregg Employee Reviews

Worst place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE MERCHANDISER (Current Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Hour breaks
Cons: Little pay, management, company overall
This is the worst job I ever had. The company always changing rules and regulations. The company does not care about their employees at all. Managers are so lazy and are always in a bad mood. They are only closed two days out the year. And they pay way to little for all the work they want you to do. If you like no family time and little pay this is the job for you.
Enjoyable place to work with great ability to meet new people everyday
Appliance Sales Associate (Current Employee), raliegh, ncAugust 29, 2015
Pros: great hours, good pay
Cons: inconsistent pay, minimal benefits
I have learned how to better communicate with customers by listening to all of their needs and wants then questioning any concerns I may have for them. I help customers find appliances that not only fit their budgets but also fit all of their needs to help turn their houses into homes. My coworkers are competitive in sales and help make me better at my job. The hardest part of the job is seeing people come in and not be able to afford the appliances they need. Seeing somebody walk out the door disheartened because they cannot get the appliances they need upsets me. However, when I am able to send a family home with better appliances they thought they could afford and see a smile on their face walking out the door.
Very rewarding plenty of room to advance
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 27, 2015
Lots of expansion planned in the future.

Plenty of room for growth.

Hard work is rewarded with increased pay.

Hours get hectic during holidays but your pay is better
Straight Forward and Fast Pacing
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Great financial department for customers
Cons: careless with products
The rest of the employees are really unprofessional and handle the products without care. My warehouse manager drove a hand truck in a 3k dollar TV and I would get in trouble for taking good care of products. I'm thankful I don't have to work there. Would not recommend purchasing products there.
not family oriented at all
Electronics Sales Manager (Former Employee), Oak Park, ILAugust 24, 2015
Pros: pay is good for mit
Cons: bad training, support
Be careful with this company. Training is outdated and does not even apply to the job. A good example is that they train you on phones and they dont even carry them.
bad company to work for
Delivery Driver of all in-store product (Former Employee), Hampton Roads, VAAugust 20, 2015
They are unfair with their delivery employees, they do not product checked for damage before being put on delivery trucks. Product is checked upon arrival to customer, so if it is damaged the customer has to wait to have a new product ordered and reschedule delivery. And delivery drivers are responsible for all damaged product and have to pay for it without their knowledge. Delivers are not set up correctly in a timely manner.
Enjoyable place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Free health clinic on-site
Send out UPS packages, management is good and leaves you alone if you are doing your job, co-workers all get along, hardest part of the job is lifting heavy packages and the most enjoyable part of the day is knowing I've done the job to the best of my ability.
very productive and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLAugust 14, 2015
great environment to work and learn. working here was really amazing, learning about all the different products we sold and also deal with and meeting need people everyday.
Retail Sales
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 11, 2015
This was a fun and busy place to work. I learned a lot in regards the the technical aspect of the product which helped me achieve sales goals set by the company and goals I set for myself.
Frindly working conditions but stressful due to commision structure.
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee), DoverAugust 11, 2015
Pros: good insurance
Cons: sometime no breaks.Long shifts over 10 hours
I liked my fellow employees. Our managers were ok. the problem was as full commission associates we were required to clean, stock shelves, answer phones, along with help customers. And if we had no customers everything else was done for free.
not very consistent
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, INJuly 30, 2015
not a bad place to work but it has its highs and low on your pay check especially depending on the time of year. In the summer you may starve but the holidays are always great to you
Useful and Quick Job
Electronics Sales Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Lunches not guaranteed
It was a good company that provided me a learning environment to grow and mature. I learnt many different skills which I believe will improve my life
great benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAJuly 24, 2015
This was and still is a great company to work for. If you love being in sales this should be the place you work at. Great co workers and a god enviorment to be in.
They sucks
CSM (Former Employee), MayfieldJuly 23, 2015
Pros: They suck all around
Cons: The mangers suck to
Bad regional manager and bad store manager. Was there for a long time. The sales people need to be fired and they need to rehire.
Strong Company
General Manager (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Employee purchase
Cons: hours
Working for this company was great. They are financially sound and they provide great pay and benefits. The hours can sometimes be long but you are well compensated.
I worked in the warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), hooverJuly 16, 2015
Pros: enjoyable work environment
Cons: weak management
It was an easy job, pulling product, assembling displays I did not have any issues with co-workers. Much of the department i was in worked very smoothly
Corporate is killing this company
Salesman (Former Employee), akron, ohJuly 15, 2015
Pros: -good middle managment. -good hr department
Cons: -pay cuts. -hours cuts. -stock dropping quickly.
Company going down hill fast. The corporaote office has been taken over by shareholders who only care about cutting cost by cutting pay.
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 13, 2015
The company was great. It has gone out of business and is now operating in SE Florida under the same name and company founder.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 13, 2015
Good place to work with fun people. It is enjoyable but looking to make more money. Fun place with supportive mgmt. Not too much politics.
A appliance and electronic store
Appliance Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2015
A typical day at HHGregg is busy. The store is known for the great deals on televisions and also shopping for home quality appliances with top brands giving you the lowest prices.
Headquarters