hhgregg

hhgregg Employer Reviews

Good Company To Work For
Store Operations Lead (Former Employee), Berwyn, PAFebruary 24, 2015
HHGregg Is A Good Company To Work For With Much Room For Advancement As They Push To Grow. While With The Company I Was Able To Use Skills Acquired From Previous Positions To Gain Progression Within. While My Work Ethic Speaks Alone Having Prior Experience Helped That.
Inconsistent Managment
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: management changes like underware
The job was great, however the management lacked consistency. Since the time i started until I quit, the store went through 3 managers, all with different styles. The last one I worked for made it almost impossible for the sales people to do their jobs effectively.
Productive, busy place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Concord, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: staying busy, resolving issues, good schedule
Cons: management, non-professional enviroment
A days work at HH Gregg is typically very busy and hands on. First thing in the morning Icount all the cash and deposits, print lots of reports that I have to examine and get information from them that I will need throughout the day while handling inventory and cash. I normally do inventory daily on different items. Then handle any variances, this helps to avoid future issues with inventory. I have to get any transfers ready that may be going out for the day. I have to assure the warehouse employees are doing there job and keeping the warehouse organized, also I monitor all retruns and exchanges. I have learned how to really muli-task, and keep calm when dealing with angry customers. The management at this location has a very high turnover, and the managers are not very dependable, and do not work as a team, this makes work difficult for everyone else. There is nothing really hard about the day, just have to stay busy so I can get all my work done, and the part I enjoy the most is making an angry customer's day, and at the end of the day when I can look back and see what all I have got accomplished!
Fun workplace with very little room for advancement
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: great pay structure
Cons: little advancement options
HHgregg is a great company to work for. But if you expect to advance in a reasonable amount of time, it will not happen unless you know someone higher up.
good people to work with. Alot of friends made
Operations Lead (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: low pay or everything you do. alot of problems with deliveried and sales.
The company started great with a lot of room for advancement. Then they took away certain positions. They promised things and did not follow through. A lot of really good people left the company due to false promises and being treated badly. The CEO of the company even left, his granfdather started the company.
Hard work pays off
Electronic Sales Associate (Former Employee), Frederick, MDFebruary 13, 2015
I got a job with hhgregg to have some part time work during my senior year of college. I was able to be successful and pay my way through school. I created many relationships with customers. I had to stop working at hhgregg because I play an intercollegiate sport and did not have the time.
Must have a go get it attitude.
Electronics Sales Associate (Current Employee), Snellville, GAFebruary 12, 2015
Working at HH Gregg you must have a go and get it attitude every day. The reason thats being said is the pay is all commission and the customers are very limited at times. If you do not have the drive to try and make every sale you will not survive. Working at HH Gregg helped me develop good sales experience and gave me building blocks to take to a new sales job. Management did not give me proper training so I had to learn everything on my own in a matter of two months. The best part about going to work were my co-workers, they made the day easy to get through.
Productive and fun environment to be involved in
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee), Florence, KYFebruary 11, 2015
Even though this was a seasonal job I was able to see how every worker is utilized and how they are integral in helping the business be successful.
Horrible supervisor experience
Customer Service (Former Employee), Pineville, NCFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: company discounts
Cons: no raises. managers were disrespectful.
Would not give raises, no matter how hard you worked. Were not flexible with family life, or issues. Expected to do work that was not in the job description.
Good company to work for.
General Manager (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: income opportunity for well run store.
Cons: budget constraints for hourly associates
Train and lead sales force of 15 sales force and 12 operations associates.
I enjoy customer interaction.
Maintaining and exceeding performance metrics
It`s a great company to work for. But long hour`s.
Installer/Home Delivery - subcontractor (Current Employee), Fenton, MOFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: treat there employees well.
It`s a great way to work out side. Also if u get tired of doing the same thing at your job. Then this is a great job to work for.
I think the summer is very good and I gave you all my best to pain
third shift shippin loader (Former Employee), Ellenwood GeorgiaFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: i think that's great
Cons: a short break is a good break
I would think this is a wonderful company to work for and I will give it my all to perform my best ability for my work ethic in my work ability
Commison job with alot of learning leadership
Commission Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: manage yourself, can make alot of money, quarterly vendor training
Cons: inconsisted pay checks, has it slow seasons.
Commission based job makes the worker provide the highest customer service, because how well you perform is based on your pay. Learn to manage yourself and make smart decision to make profit. The hartest part of the job is the pay checks is not consisted.
Management & co-workers nice
Customer Service Merchandiser (Former Employee), Fairless Hills, PAJanuary 29, 2015
Typical retail job the biggest problem was taking calls from customers who had delivery issues and their not being a manager available to handle the call. There was a lot of delivery issues but that was years ago not sure how it is now. Compensation was pretty fair and my manager was very nice and supportive.
Great place to learn new programs and how to call customers.
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bloomingdale, ILJanuary 28, 2015
Learned proper phone etiquette, programs and scripts related to selling. Excellent atmosphere filled with good people who want you to succeed. The most rewarding part was closing a sale and having everyone cheer for you. Hardest part of the job was dealing with rejection on a daily basis.
Tedious work place with few chances for advancement.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: small amount of customers, commission based compensation
A regular work day consists of me checking price tags to make sure that they are correct with a current date. Cleaning appliances and making my section neat as possible. I am responsible for greeting customers and demonstrating the products that a perspective buyer is looking at and ringing the customer up.
Fast paced and busy environment.
Payroll Supervisor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 26, 2015
My day to day was always busy with tasks. Always busy and working on the next goal and or project to maintain productivity and rise to each new challenge as it was afforded me.
The hardest part was ending the day and breaking away to go home. I love to see everything that I am tasked with all the way through and be accomplished.
8th worst employer in America, I wonder how they are not in the top five.
HRIS/Compensation Analyst (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: product discounts are cool, if you make money
Cons: the head of hr is the problem
I have never worked at a place where people were a disposable commodity before. If you like to be used, this place is for you.
Productive and a fun environment
Electronics and appliance Sales Associate (Former Employee), Matthews, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free lunch and dinner
Cons: could us more customers
A typical day at work consist of getting the stations ready in the morning including checking tags. After that's when the day really starts and the selling begins.
I guess its better then fast food
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Vienna, WVJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: get to see and be around new electronics.
Cons: to many to list.
Let me start by saying its a great place to shop! As for working. You are not and never will get paid for what is expected of you without being a shady sales rep. Its to hard for the amount of floor management to do their jobs and watch the bad employees at the same time. You have to buy your own uniform and they fade which will require you to buy more the next year.

1 2 3 4 5

About hhgregg

hhgregg (NYSE: HGG) is a leading specialty retailer of home appliances, consumer electronics, home entertainment furniture, mattresses, – Read more

hhgregg Photos