hhgregg Employee Reviews

Found 1,057 reviews matching the search
Out of business
Commercial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mt. Juliet, TNSeptember 18, 2017
Atmosphere was good. Commission structure was flawed . dishonest with consumer. Not paid for the hours worked off the sales floor.whole company was flawed and went bankrupt
Very stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PASeptember 13, 2017
The most stressful two years of my life. Working there did help me become a better problem solver though and helped me to deal with stressful situations. I wouldn't go back though.
benefits
No longer in business
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GASeptember 12, 2017
Sales business, not operational any more. Company closed..................................................

Sales to customers with their needs. Electronics, appliances and furniture
Pros
Cons
commission only
Hhgregg
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 12, 2017
I personally had an interesting experience with this company. I worked for them for 3-4 years. There were certainly ups and downs. I enjoyed the work and the experience, just not the people running the show .
Not a good place to work
Professional Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNSeptember 7, 2017
The management would change my sales tickets, giving my commission to a favored employee. Not just at the store I worked, but all stores. HhGregg still owes me money.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Told that I would have made great money
Floor sales is a very boring occupation.
consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 6, 2017
The culture was aggressive. Management did not really care about their sales team, only their bonuses. Floor sales is extremely boring. The 50 year old company recently went out of business.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Glad they went bankrupt
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 3, 2017
...and not surprised. The commissions are the worst of any company I've ever worked at, and the pay structure is designed to give the salesman as little as possible.
Pros
Easy to get hired, flexible schedule.
Cons
Minimum wage pay, long hours, poor management.
Great Company Closed
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 2, 2017
It was a great company filled with outstanding people. A tremendous opportunity to learn and grow. Hard working and perfromance oriented individuals thrived. A true shame the company is closed.
very poor place to work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60652August 30, 2017
It's okay. I have the memory of the great first dog, and everybody loves the Mini Hut, they won't miss my business.

I like they keep the place well staffed, and hire a lot of people, especially young people.

The cooks surely know what they are doing. Everything I had that came out of the kitchen was perfectly cooked and fresh.
Store Closed
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, TNAugust 29, 2017
All the stores closed because of poor mgt I reached out to the board and CEO. This resulted in a phone conversation but no action, after closing they did thank me for the ideas.
Bad management
Building Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAAugust 21, 2017
Bad management, bad middle management, bad upper management. No accountability due to bad management.Do a great job and you will bare the brunt of the work, do the minimal and you will be left along.
Pros
It was a job. nothing more, nothing less.
Cons
It was a job.
Love this job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCAugust 19, 2017
to bad they went of business.): sales here was great. very far treatment .. it was real easy to make that customer , sales person connection. people always loved it
Pros
great people
Cons
bankruptcy
Old School Car Lot Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2017
HHGREGG was a great environment to be in if you enjoy cut throat sales. Management was constantly changing and I could not get a sense of direction for the store. My paychecks were what compensated for the lack of structure.
Very Decent Job
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 17, 2017
Happy with my time at HHGREGG im very hurt they went out of business. i was there for 5 years i had a good time and i will truly miss that company i learned alot.
poorly run business
Electronic Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCAugust 17, 2017
I signed on as the company changed leadership due to losing money. Pay and benefits were cut. Commissions were the bread and butter and they were cut drastically. They went out of business this year.
Pros
made friends
Cons
whole company
Out of Business
APPLIANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 17, 2017
This company is now out of business because of growing too rapidly. Not a family friendly employer. I was always being scheduled for minimum of 9 to 12 hours a day and was driving over an hour one way with having a toddler at home.
Out of business
Sales Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 16, 2017
This company is closing all of their store locations. During the time they were open, they provided customer service for appliances and electronics...
Bad environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INAugust 14, 2017
Started as a General Manager then became General Manager for new store openings. Lots of travel lots of stress which I don't mind but no one was on the same page in upper management.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
80 hours a week
It was a fair company however they made poor business deals
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAAugust 14, 2017
I enjoyed working for them, I would have recommended them to my friends and family as an fair employer however they are now out of business so no matter now.....
Pros
Fun work place
hard working job
Assistant/Helper (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MIAugust 13, 2017
IF you have some one you like working with this job pretty relaxing to a point. It would not be that bad if you have a nice partnership with you fellow co-worker(s).But I w as working long hours and exhausted day to day. MY driver boss was not a good people person . i would do most or if all the work on the job site that we go to .
Pros
You do meet a lot of different types of people and their backgrounds.
Cons
It depends on your personal boss or co-worker you are working with it can be a long and bad day etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at hhgregg. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9