hhgregg

hhgregg Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place to work.
Appliance & Furniture Inside Sales (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: great compensation
Cons: short breaks
Great place to earn a living but there is no time for a personal life but if you can deal with that you'll love it as I did, very competitive. What I enjoyed most is the awesome commission checks.
This company has no idea how to run a business.
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee), Joliet, ILSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Very poorly managed company. Laid me off due to workforce reductions and then hired two more people to replace me. Makes sense.
Great learning experience but flawed management/ direction
Sales Professional (Former Employee), Mays Landing, NJSeptember 9, 2014
I met some great people working for HHGREGG that made my job enjoyable every day, the potential of making money was always good as well, but working here gives you absolutely no work/ life balance, its HHGREGG or nothing. The management, at least at my store, was a joke. To hear managers gossip about other employees, customers, or other managers was – more... very alarming and unprofessional in my opinion. They (the managers) were very "clique" orientated, if you were in the clique you got, favorable hours, allowed to get by with not living up to work standards and actually having access to manager codes to override prices with manger approval. If you weren't in the clique they would try and make your work life miserable. – less
N/A
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2014
If you are family oriented, hhgregg is not a good company to work for. Due to the gruesome work hours.
had a blast
Warehouse Worker / Customer Service (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: overwhelming during holdiday season
learned alot of hands on skills and also building skills that will help me in the future. working in the warehouse also helped me with organizational skills i still use today.
It is an okay place
Customer Service Merchandiser (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: one hour lunches
Cons: open to close shifts
HHGREGG is a down to earth place to work for, it is simple and easy. The management at my store isnt the best and could use ALOT of work but over all it is tolerable.
Great sales team very knowledgeable
General Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: commission sales staff
Cons: commuting
Upper management issues to reason for leaving. As well as commuting back and forth.
work place calm and riendly environment.
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: awesome work team
My typical day at work I come in count the safe & cash drawers. walk the warehouse and restrooms to ensure they are clean and ready for business when doors open. What I learned in management is that you have to have patience and be versatile you deal with so many different personalities when in a leadership role. There actually is not a hard part to – more... my job its enjoyable all around. The most enjoyable part of my job – less
Gave me good management training
General Manager (Current Employee), Lancaster, PASeptember 2, 2014
Really developed a good snese of running a store but the ceiling only goes so high tough to crack the next level.
Very productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Newport News, VAAugust 28, 2014
If medical is the field you would love to pursue this job helped you to get to where you need to be. Very much of a learning experience. Staff was so helpful with each other.
Auditor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 26, 2014
terrible place to work. company doesnt care for employees.
Good Job, but the management is horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEAugust 25, 2014
Work days went fast, I learned so much about the company and also liked the people I worked with. The thing that HHGregg lacked most was management. They constantly refused to help customers with their problems.
Commissiomned sales environment
Electronics Specialist (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILAugust 25, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: communication, compensation
The expectations were high and presented in a way that made it sound like the earning potential was through the roof, when in reality, it was harder in the off season.
Nice store
High-End Appliance & Furniture Sales Associate (Former Employee), Florence KYAugust 22, 2014
Pros: nice store
Cons: way too many commisioned employees, long hours, works all holidays
Was a good place , but had way too many employees on commission only. No chance to make a good living. Management was nice and knowledgeable but, only did what was told from higher upper management.
First management job
General Store Manager (Former Employee), TNAugust 21, 2014
help customers purchase appliances and electronics. Handle customer complaints as well as commissioned sales personnel complaints. Management was good at their job. The co-workers were a great team. Hardest part of the job was the long hours during the holiday season. Most enjoyable part was helping customers
not a job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Christiana, DEAugust 21, 2014
its not a job or anything to do with my resume but its part of where i served in the navy Virginia beach that is its nice and relaxing and warm on sunny days.
Very organized company to work for.
Customer Service Merchandiser (CSM) (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCAugust 18, 2014
Management was awesome and coworkers were as well. I loved our customers and helping them with all their needs.
I was laid off when down sizing happened
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCAugust 14, 2014
Pros: good bosses
Cons: laid off for dumb reason
company laid off top producers to cut costs would not even offer job for lees hourly wage than what you averaged.
good job for first sales experience,
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Beavercreek, OHAugust 11, 2014
but not very family friendly, they don't mind forcing lots of extra hours on you during the holidays just in case a customer comes in.
Challenged and reactive
Sales & Management (Current Employee), NCAugust 11, 2014
Pros: flexibility with hours, customers, price competitive
Cons: systems, delivery, inventory, advancement with competitive pay, very reactive
When I first started this was a special company that was heading in the right direction and a fun place to work with great people and little turnover. Some+ years later it is the exact opposite. Turnover is high and the fun has been sucked out. Upper management is out of touch with the consumer and employee, They want platinum customer service but cut – more... support staff hours to properly service the customer. The after the sale experience for the customer is overlooked, they just care about making the sale. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About hhgregg

hhgregg (NYSE: HGG) is a leading specialty retailer of home appliances, consumer electronics, home entertainment furniture, mattresses, – Read more