HHS Employee Reviews

I did not have to see the Manager
Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2016
A day of work was awesome! The persons that I worked with was a very professional and knowledgeable.I learned how to cook and sculpt fruits and vegetables for display daily.The manager was evil and he would play favorites towards staff members.The hardest part working for this company is that when I would ask for extra hours he would always give me a lame excuse.The manager would never do a rotation of hours to new and returning patients at the hospital.The most enjoyable part is that I had the pleasure to learn many different things under two educated chefs.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Sort breaks, no healthcare, less hours
Horrible
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  PASeptember 21, 2016
I worked for this company for 5 years at a hospital that out sourced us short notice. I received 1 raise in 5 years, benefits were horrible.
We had 8 different bosses in 5 yrs, 1 every year and they all never knew how to treat their people. Poor mgt, no people skills, talked behind employees backs to other employees. When one boss would
change over the old boss would bad mouth the employees he didn't like to the new one. Favoritism was unbelievable!! They would never stick up for us, always trying to please the customer even if
the customer was wrong! The turnover was unbelievable, we trained most all of our new people, never ever any help. We worked short almost every wknd and through the week. Worst company I ever ever worked for but it depended on who you were!!!
Pros
zero
Cons
all
In and out
Chef (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 1, 2016
I worked for this company for a very short time. I worked under a very green Director who was also new to the company. I have held that position for years myself. The client was rude and very disrespectful. The company did not stand behind its staff and allowed the client to be rude to the management staff. HHS does not protect its staff from such things. They would rather see good experienced talent go then defend them when the client is blaightenetly disrespectful. Dollars over good business and protecting your staff.
Pros
Salary was ok
Cons
Company does not protect its employees
Excessive work with little pay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 12, 2016
I worked for this company a few years back as a housekeeper just out of High School. It was the worst first job I could ask for. I had numerous duties throughout the night and often had to stay late to get things done. My supervisor never "had time to help out" though she did have time to take several smoke breaks. I had no problem with the task at hand only the multiple duties they gave me. I don't know if management is still as bad as it was, I sure hope not.
NO joy; NO pay
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALMay 30, 2016
My employers have partnered with the EVS department . Essentially we have been outsourced. HHS manages us poorly. They do not listen, nor respect their employees concerns. The turnover rate is extremely high. You rarely know who you working with or what goal you are trying to accomplish.

Healthcare benefits are shoddy. No long term benefits or upward mobility possible.

The director of our department is arrogant and zealous.
Pros
NA
Cons
Healthcare Long term benefits Advancement
Experiencing a typical work day
Lead supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 12, 2016
a typical day at work is getting production moving and helping others learn new systems having a manager that understand and is willing to get his/her hands dirty working with people whom want to work and is a team player the hardest part of a job is the weather and co-works whom lack the most enjoyed part of a job is loving what you do and always willing to learn more to advance
Pros
being able to work in a good enviroment
Cons
working double shifts
Assistant Director
EVS Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOApril 7, 2016
Start your day by rounding to see what the daily challenge are for your staff coming on. Manage staff and responsibilities. Assign Jobs and hold daily huddle meetings. Throughout the remainder of the day if everyone is there, the AD rounds with a purpose of instructing, educating, following up, inspecting, teaching, and finding areas that can be improved upon. Before the night is up ALL JD's assignments must be completed. So, if it isn't done, your staying till it gets done.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Advancement, and the Company really tries to take care of you.
Cons
Long Hours, no family time, staffing issues
It's a good job
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAAugust 14, 2016
I been there several months. I really enjoy working in a small hospital .
The director over EVS stays on top of his duties . Makes sure everything is taking care the way it should be .
I just ready for something closer to home .
Plus I need more money. To make ends meet
Does not work with home life
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 27, 2016
Work is okay but not enough employee.
Learned a lot for trying to make up for lack of staff.
Management is not that great. Only care about making everyone else happy but not the employees.
Co-workers were great to work with. It felt like a family and we just tried to help each other.
Hardest part of the job is trying to make time to get all the work done in detail, without enough staff and a boss that wasn't doing anything to help, everyone was on edge.
Being able to talk to other departments and work with them instead of going the the boss.
Pros
Longer lunch times
Cons
Benefits were not great, staffing was not enough, did not help balance home life.
way over worked and way under paid
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXAugust 8, 2016
Horrible pay and over worked. I would recommend you don't even think of working here unless your desperate. Management so confused and scheduling a mess.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Low low low pay
This is the worst company to work for you better off somewhere else trust me I'm doing you a favor
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX. Santa rosa westover hillsMay 27, 2016
They don't know how to treat your employees with respect they make a multi task and if they have no use for you they fire you this is HHS at its best
Cons
Covered the whole hospital on my shift alone.
Environmental Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAMarch 7, 2016
NOT appreciated. trained over 18 employees within my last week of employment. did much more work then earlier shifts. discrimination against myself.
Pros
made 9 dollars a hour
Cons
7 months of employment no health care or full time benefits and i worked well over 40+ hours a week
great place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 16, 2016
it was a fast pace place and great people. I learner that cleaning in a hospital is very impotant to the safety and health of the patient. manadment was awsome
Fun environment
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  HhsAugust 9, 2016
It's was a good job you justhave to keep to yourself it's to he say she say other than that a OK job. Work for the company to learn more.
N/a
Floor Tech (Current Employee) –  Texarkana texasJuly 20, 2016
Good company to work for best boss I ever had been working here over a year this is a job I would tell a person it would be a good place to work
a growing company
Assisant Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 22, 2016
some contract work that really provided some learning. This company test your manager skills of people and relationships
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
family owned. have to be willing to relocate around the world
I Love my job !!
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 15, 2016
I love being able to provide a clean enviroment to the community that visits the hospital that I worked at. And I love my co workers...my bosses are the greatest...they ensure that all of our issues are handled in a timely fashion
supervisor micro manages
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  TNFebruary 8, 2016
I love my job. I love my co-workers. But a manager who micro manages an makes people feel like you can never do enough the please her. Very nit picky on the little things that don't impact The Big picture.
Pros
Co workers are team players
Cons
management
HHS is a good company, I feel it is lacking upper management communication to its Directors and assistant Directors
Director (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 8, 2015
Excelent benefits and starting salary, lacking comunication to lower management of any changes being made in the corporation.
Pros
good salay
Cons
lacks comunication in employee advancement
Customer service
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Making patients and their family. Making them smile. To me this is what customer service is. Working hard to make the day full filling.

2.9