The Regional Sales Manager plans, implements and manages territory Sales Representatives’ activities and operations. The Regional Sales Manager implements all dimensions of sales management (i.e., strategies, forecasting, pricing, competitive landscapes, market conditions, and customer/field sales support programs) at the regional level. It is a goal/results driven position requiring a positive, highly motivated and market savvy sales leader.
Essential Job Functions:
- Achieve or exceed sales objectives, while maintaining profitability and ensuring 100% customer satisfaction.
- Work with the VP Sales/Business Development to analyze business and product trends, opportunities for growth and development of actions plans to maximize sales.
- Maintain strong customer relationships with all accounts in the assigned region to build and maintain our categories business.
- Travel within sales territory regularly working directly with Sales Representatives and customer base.
- Work with VP Sales/Business Development to establish and manage sales goals by territory, rep and account, as well as manage incentive programs to drive growth while maintaining or improving margins.
- Meet regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions..
- Develop a strong working relationship with each assigned Sales Representatives, accounts in the territory, Sales Management, any and all members of operations, National Account Managers, Procurement and Customer Service to facilitate selling.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current and potential activities/situations that may affect sale revenues.
- Drive regional sales force performance through leadership, vision, motivation and business acumen.
- Attends all sales meetings, training sessions, trade shows, clinics and conferences as required.
- Travels up to 80 - 90%.
Education and Training:
- Business Management, Marketing or related field experience required.
- Minimum five (5) to 10 years successful sales and/or sales management experience selling nondurable goods
- Management level experience in developing, leading and maintaining a successful sales team.
- Proven track record of teamwork and working well within a matrixed organization (e.g. marketing, management, finance, R&D, customer service) to complete sales and to service customers.
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent time & project management skills.
- Strong people management skills with proven track record of developing & mentoring successful sales teams.
- Ability to quickly build/maintain positive and effective working/customer relationships.
- Demonstrate a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong business acumen with acute understanding of sales cycles
- Self-confident, self-motivated, self-starter, results-oriented and success driven.
Resumes and cover letters will only be accepted online.
Equal Opportunity Employer.