Hi-Desert Medical Center

Hi-Desert Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Manager have no people skills.
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Joshua TreeNovember 11, 2015
A lot of drama from upper management. No professionalism at all. Doctors and some of the nurses are snotty. The Coworkers are so unhappy, very depressing place to work. Now at another hospital and the difference is amazing.
Pros
Co workers in housekeeping are Great.
Cons
favoritism.
Helpful and very nice environment to be able to volunteer
Marketing Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CAJune 1, 2015
Volunteering at Hi-Desert Medical center was very helpful. As a nursing student Hi-Desert was able to provide a good experience as front desk being able to direct patients to where they were asked to go for an appointment. Working with marketing I would say would be a hard job due to the fact that this department works to make and send information to all other departments, however it can also be an enjoyable job. The People who I was able to work there were all very friendly and very helpful.
It is a nice place to work
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Joshua Tree CaSeptember 19, 2013
I currently work the night shift, from 2100 to 0730 the next day. After I clock in, I check the tracker board for any outstanding draws that have not been collected yet and find the reason why. I make sure there are no specimens under the microbiology hood that need to be plated, if so, I plate them. I am alone from 2230 to 0500 so I am responsible for the 55 bed hospital and Emergency Room patients. Everything from newborns to geriatrics to uncooperative patients. I draw bloods I plate specimens that come in for microbiology from urine to feces to sputums. When morning comes I also take care of out patient services. The key to working alone is communicating with your nursing staff and doctors. The hardest part of my job is the way they schedule your work days or weeks.
Pros
i absolutely love my job. i chose to do this as a career and i like it alot
Cons
scheduling
Small Declining lab
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CAMarch 27, 2013
Embed, cut and manually stain Derm specimens. Staff is easy to work with.
Pros
nice location
Cons
declining work load
Very Busy
Medical Imaging Assistant (Current Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CAMarch 9, 2012
This employer had a very fast workplace. The manner of 'lay offs' and new policies at this company go against the core values and create a doubt in the effectiveness of the hospital system.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hi-Desert Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8