Hi-Desert Medical Center Employee Reviews

A wonderful hospital to work in!
Medical Staff Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medical Staff ServicesJanuary 3, 2017
I worked for Hi-Desert Medical Center for a year and a half and I have to say had it not been for the location of the facility (being a rural hospital), I never would have left. I absolutely loved that the hospital had such empathetic and caring physicians and an overall sense of community.

After working in both the Medical Staff and Medical Records departments, I can say that the employees genuinely care about their jobs, the patients they serve, and doing the best they can to represent the facility in a positive light.

I cannot say enough about my immediate Director in Medical Staff Services as she made sure I was educated, informed, and always made me feel as though I was a part of the team. She continuously demonstrated leadership skills, professionalism, and positive reinforcement as any professional would expect of upper management. The position itself can be quite busy so I was quickly moved from part time to full time to allow sufficient time in which to complete all of my tasks.

It was my absolute pleasure to work at Hi-Desert and even on my busier days, never did I not enjoy going into the office.
Pros
Stability and Great work environment
Cons
Too far from home
Staff is unprofessional
Medical Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CADecember 23, 2016
I worked at Hi-Desert Medical Center for a short period of time. I came in loving my job, but soon I was very disappointed in how this facility operates.

My immediate boss was impossible to get along with, very demeaning, unprofessional, and passive aggressive. I had to report her to HR about the nonsense. I was stressed out every day I went to work, and I only worked three days a week!

The job itself wasn't bad, there is just not a lot of work in this office, my days dragged. I really don't understand why an assistant is needed in that office. One person can easily do this job with no problem.

There is no job stability, upper management would send employees home if the census was low, that included my job, and I didn't even work with patients. Employees have to use PTO to cover hours missed when they were sent home.

There were a lot of clicks, perhaps since the facility is very small.

Hi-Desert does not appreciate loyal employees, and the staff could benefit from a union.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No variety in the job. Boring, micromanager
Manager have no people skills.
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Joshua TreeNovember 11, 2015
A lot of drama from upper management. No professionalism at all. Doctors and some of the nurses are snotty. The Coworkers are so unhappy, very depressing place to work. Now at another hospital and the difference is amazing.
Pros
Co workers in housekeeping are Great.
Cons
favoritism.
Helpful and very nice environment to be able to volunteer
Marketing Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CAJune 1, 2015
Volunteering at Hi-Desert Medical center was very helpful. As a nursing student Hi-Desert was able to provide a good experience as front desk being able to direct patients to where they were asked to go for an appointment. Working with marketing I would say would be a hard job due to the fact that this department works to make and send information to all other departments, however it can also be an enjoyable job. The People who I was able to work there were all very friendly and very helpful.
Nice Place to work
Emergency Manager and Security Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CAApril 25, 2014
co-worker are great . day started at 0700 ende aroun 1700. Management need a lot of help.
Pros
close to Home
Cons
Mangement not good
It is a nice place to work
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Joshua Tree CaSeptember 19, 2013
I currently work the night shift, from 2100 to 0730 the next day. After I clock in, I check the tracker board for any outstanding draws that have not been collected yet and find the reason why. I make sure there are no specimens under the microbiology hood that need to be plated, if so, I plate them. I am alone from 2230 to 0500 so I am responsible for the 55 bed hospital and Emergency Room patients. Everything from newborns to geriatrics to uncooperative patients. I draw bloods I plate specimens that come in for microbiology from urine to feces to sputums. When morning comes I also take care of out patient services. The key to working alone is communicating with your nursing staff and doctors. The hardest part of my job is the way they schedule your work days or weeks.
Pros
I absolutely love my job. I chose to do this as a career and I like it alot
Cons
Scheduling
Small Declining lab
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CAMarch 27, 2013
Embed, cut and manually stain Derm specimens. Staff is easy to work with.
Pros
nice location
Cons
declining work load
Very Busy
Medical Imaging Assistant (Current Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CAMarch 9, 2012
This employer had a very fast workplace. The manner of 'lay offs' and new policies at this company go against the core values and create a doubt in the effectiveness of the hospital system.

Want to know more about Hi-Desert Medical Center?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hi-Desert Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8