Hi-Tec Building Services

Hi-Tec Building Services United States Employee Reviews

The people that you meet.
Cleaner (Former Employee), Jenison, MISeptember 1, 2014
Pros: its not a hard job to do
Cons: can get pretty messy and not many hours
Worked at the Michigan Welcome Center rest area. Clean Men and women rest rooms toilets, commodes, mirrors, refill soap, paper towels, wash sinks counters, dust walls the stalls and the ceilings, Sweep and mop. Clean lights fixtures, sweep and mop the hallways and entrance ways, empty trash dust walls and pictures. Dust, vacuum the information room and wipe down display cases. Outside empty trash and keep parking lot cleaned.
Enjoyed the management and got along great with co-workers. Hardest part of the job is pushing the cart with trash to dumpster and bringing up supplies. I enjoyed the people that would stop by and the co-workers
You would never know what work would be like from one day to the next
Custodian (Former Employee), Jenison, MIAugust 11, 2014
I worked for Hi-Tec for 7 years. In those 7 years I learned some valuable lessons. During my 7 years I worked with many people some who stayed a couple years and some who stayed a couple months. My co-workers new they could come to me if they had any questions. My workload included cleaning high school bathrooms, high school classrooms, set up for events, spot check walls, wash glass, mop, sweep, high-low dusting, empty trash, spot check desks, vacuum entrances and classrooms, scrub hallways with floor machine. My co-workers were great. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the teachers and some of the students.
it is a nice place to work
jantior (Former Employee), Jenison, MIJuly 22, 2014
Cons: short hours
get to work and start cleaning right away was on a time limit of how long you could be there
poor pay,no room for advancement,get yelled at by superiors
custodian (Current Employee), MichiganFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: nice coworkers
Cons: bad pay, no advancement, get reprimanded too much
I work at a charter school in Michigan. I work a five
hour shift with no breaks and clocking out and still working,
so I can get all my tasks done. They offer no extra pay after
90 days but extra work. The head custodian would reprimand
me and other workers constantly ,and we wished to work
somewhere else. The crew leader would pretend to befriend
the custodians but tattle to administation on workers. It
is a horrible place to work.
Ehh not enjoyable
Cleaner (Current Employee), Jenison, MIOctober 29, 2013
Get to work, clock in, typically have to track down supplies in order to start your job,
unprofessional
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee), Jackson, MIJuly 27, 2013
Pros: did not follow rules/ make own rules
Cons: no rules/ one-sided issues
A typical day at work would be cleaning four to five building in a row. This would include city buildings and MDOT buildings. We would take one to three hours per building depending on how many buildings in one area, how many floors in each building, etc. We would wipe, vacuum, dust, and change trashes in each building, dining room/ lunch area, kitchen, cubicle and bathroom. I learned that working for a business that has no rules can be fun because you can do as you please, such as wear what you want, bring food when needed, work as fast or slow as wanted, and say or do what you want (when no mangers present). When you are a janitor you normally do not have a manager leaning over your back but this can come with complications. If the buildings security or upper hand decide they feel you are not complying to their rules or way of cleaning, you can get in trouble because they are the employer and "what they say goes". The hardest part working or Hi-tech, was the fact that the management made rules as they went, meaning they did not follow proper procedures. We did not wear goggles nor gloves, but handled harsh chemicals and sprays, we were told we could wear shorts and sandals for a period of time (until the manager decided we could not- went back and forth a lot), depending on when management came and wore them, as well as, never had the right supplies and were penalized when the buildings upper hand complained because their buildings were not cleaned "properly". We never had the right keys or they did not work properly, especially the keys that were smart-swipe, and our mangers – more... worked/ lived one to two hours away therefore, could not get to them quickly nor could they get to us. The most enjoyable part was the fact that their were only three to four of us employees at one time. We worked at our own pace an got to bring food, listen to music, and wear shorts and sandals to work. It was enjoyable to not have too many rules to follow until management began to get into trouble for non-compliance and than turned it on their janitors (us) and used the rules against us (i.e. complained that we were not following regulations when told so, began firing employees, etc.) – less
Low respect for younger employees
Cleaner (Former Employee), Jenison, MIApril 24, 2013
Pros: good pay and hours
Cons: disrespectful towards youth
Not enough on the job training, Pay was nice, work thru summer heat
Avoid this job outsourceing company
The name tag says cleaner (Current Employee), HPSOctober 5, 2012
Pros: if you like to yell and be forced to train greenhorns.
Cons: no breaks, non english people, no security, poor managment, no paystubs, anti union
My school district outsourced all of our custodial jobs to this company. Before the outsource we made over $14 an hour, now we work more for less. Were givin more tasks to do with less people involved in the building. My area an 8 hour area was added another 3 hours of work onto and Low Tech here decided I forfit all my breaks including a lunch break. They want you to work and be their slave. I had enough of this company! they give you these ugly blue smurf shirts that feel like used tampons! Were always seeing different low tech employees in this one particular area, most of them do not know even how to clean, for god sakes one person spent 2 hours vacuuming a classroom that wasn't even used. Do NOT work for this company there not called hi tec, remember Low Tech there people, there worst, there promise.
....
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 9, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I would go in and the supervisor would tell us what area of the school building each of us would be cleaning.
I always started with emptying trash and replacing the can liner.
Then go on about my duties such as dust mopping, vaccuming, etc.
I learned how to to THOROUGHLY clean restrooms.
Hardest part of the job was when my supervisor would give me TWO areas to clean in an 8 hour shift.
Most enjoyable part of the job was making the staff that worked in the school happy.

About Hi-Tec Building Services

We currently serve over 50 Commercial and Municipality accounts, 70 State of Michigan facilities, several Federal facilities and – Read more

Hi-Tec Building Services Salaries