Provides administrative support to the Human Resources Director on all personnel matters and assists with payroll processing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with recruitment and interview process.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Conducts benefits enrollment for new employees.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains books current.
- Reconciles the benefits statements.
- Updates HR systems with employee change requests and processes paperwork.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Assists with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Scans, makes photocopies, faxes documents and performs other clerical functions.
- Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
- Prepares new employee files.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Recent experience/education or training in Human Resources and specifically the area of recruitment preferred.
- Creativity in solving issues within appropriate parameters.
- A minimum of one year of exceptional customer service skills which exceed customer expectations as well as excellent communication in both written and verbal format.
- Experience with HRIS preferred.
- Knowledge and familiarity of relevant EEO/Labor Laws such as Title VII, ADA, and other such regulations.
- Professional attitude and ability to maintain and safeguard sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong ability with Microsoft office products to include maintaining and designing reports, general correspondence
- Strong organizational abilities to manage multiple priorities and the ability to work independently.
Indeed - 23 months ago
Hi Tech Honeycomb Inc. is a leading manufacturer and supplier of honeycomb detail for gas turbine engine seals.