Hibbett Sports Employee Reviews in United States

Disorganized
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaApril 30, 2016
My store was disorganized when I got it, manager was new and disorganized and unprofessional, store was dated looking and in poor condition, irrelevant merchandise, grossly underpaid compared to other stores managers with different companies, way over worked, couldn't bring in quality employees because pay was too low for people to care, personnel manual was too vague to be useful. All around terrible experience...
Pros
Looks good on my resume
Cons
Pay, work-life balance, management, merchandise, store design, district culture, company organization
Productive work enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAApril 28, 2016
Hibbett Sports is a great company to work for. The store environment is always great, and most of the customers are friendly and easy to work with. The co-workers are nice and everyone gets along. There isn't anything hard about this job, unless you really don't pay attention during training.
Pros
Great work enviroment, employee discounts, co-workers are great to work with
Cons
Not enough hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEApril 21, 2016
Helped customers when they entered the store if the needed it. Kept the backroom clean and restocked the sales floor when needed.
productive and fun work place
Rookie (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAApril 15, 2016
A typical day at work included; sales, customer service, and cleanliness. We worked as a team to make sure that our valued customers wanted to come back and buy our merchandise.
Pros
discounted merchandise
Cons
min. wage
average work place
Employee (Current Employee) –  KansasApril 15, 2016
Can be a decent place to work, many tasks that always need to be done, pay isn't good, no stability in the stores. Will definitely teach you how to multi-task from helping customers and completing such tasks.
Decent Workplace
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Raeford, NCApril 13, 2016
Overall, my experience with Hibbett Sports was decent. The customers were fun and enjoyable but the staff was unbearable. The managers acted petty towards each other and tried to drag me into their drama on my first day.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Employees
great opportuinities
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 12, 2016
really enjoyed working at hibbett. gained many leadership skills and good customer experience. I am a sports guy so it was a fun place to work
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Idabel, OKApril 11, 2016
Manager was very nice without being a pushover, and always left competent people in charge in case they had to leave. Coworkers didn't slack and made sure things were done right.
Great place to work.
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Guntersville, ALApril 5, 2016
Hibbett Sports is a wonderful place to work. They will work with a student's school schedule, and they are willing to work with an employee who wants to build a career with them.
Pros
Getting to be so involved with customers
Cons
Working Weekends
Job Company to work for
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  IowaApril 5, 2016
Growth is definitely a plus, but the growth doesn't always come with a pay increase. Fairly low pressure to increase sales, which is nice. Really dependent on your management.
Management Skills
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMarch 31, 2016
I was able to build a good working relationship with the other two managers as well as the team players.

I learned how to properly address customer needs as a manager is expected to do in a way that they will want to return to our store.

The hardest part of the job is needing to talk to the team players about their negative actions on the sales floor.

The part I enjoyed most was being able to obtain a professional relationship with the customers. This would make me feel great and confident that they would want to return to our store.

Overall, Hibbett Sports has given me the opportunity to grow in my management skills.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Only get one break in a eight hour period and then only long enough to eat
Laid back job that requires constant work
Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Moss Bluff, LAMarch 30, 2016
As store manager, it is my responsibility to find and delegate work throughout the store, ranging from reconstruction of fixtures and displays, unloading truck, doing perm mark downs/ups, daily paperwork and sales tracking.
Pros
Great pay and experience
Cons
lack of communication from direct boss, i.e DSM.
Fun workplace to find pur sporting good needs
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILMarch 30, 2016
While working at Hibbett a typical day would to refold clothing, fix shoes holes on the shoe wall, make sure everything is in the right place and if we were to have gotten truck that day to unload truck and make sure that all the merchandise is out on the floor for customers. While working here I enjoy my management and my co-workers very much!
Great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, TXMarch 24, 2016
Great company to work for . I have learned every aspect of opening a new business . The most enjoyable part of the job is the great customer service expected to their standards.
Pros
Great advancement
Cons
Management is Good, but behind on technology
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2016
Its a good job if you are a Head Coach or assistant Coach. But with being so behind on technology. Like having to count every box of shoes by hand instead of scanning them in. Hand counting everything that comes in shipment, etc.
Pros
health care, monthly bonuses
Cons
no much of a break, work 50+ house but only get paid for 48. No OT
Learning Stepping Stone
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, TNMarch 21, 2016
Learned a lot at this job. Worked with some great people that I am still in contact with today. Management was horrible but luckily manager quit. This job helped me realize what I wanted out of life.
Pros
Laid back work environment, great coworkers, education
Cons
Fun easy going productive job !
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKMarch 17, 2016
I learned got to cross sell in this job. I always made sales goal eventhough I was a rookie as a team leader. organized new merchandise and fun co workers to work with.
Pros
50 % on merchandise
Cons
health care
Great place for sports enthusiasts
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cañon City, COMarch 15, 2016
50% of sales at Hibbett Sports come from shoes. If you enjoy learning, teaching, or interacting with shoes, this is a great place. You learn a lot of new technology for sports gear as well as customer service skills.
Pros
Working with sports
Cons
Not having the equipment customers may need
Fun team atmosphere
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCMarch 13, 2016
I enjoyed working for Hibbett Sports I would usually come in and open with the manager. The other staff members were friendly and made working at Hibbett pretty pleasant.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun but productive place of employment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLMarch 12, 2016
This is a very laid-back place to work, but with very hard working people who care about their job and the customers who come in. There's almost always something to do, but you never feel overwhelmed and stressed out, and it starts with the manager who works extremely hard but makes sure it's fun. After all, it is a sporting goods store, and while it is a business, it's also sports, and sports are supposed to be fun. I started in October 2015 and immediately felt comfortable with all of my co-workers.