Hibbett Sports Employee Reviews

its ok
Customer service, promoting sales (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMarch 22, 2017
i learned alot and i met some cool people but the job is not suited for everyone i defiantly have had worse jobs but i have also had way better ones also
very good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSMarch 22, 2017
The best job i have ever had . This job will truly welcome you. I have no doubt that anyone wanting to peruse this job will not have any trouble here.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Boonville, MO 65233March 21, 2017
Fun place to work. Lots to do so you're never bored. Every employee is quite easy to get along with. Very positive and fun atmosphere to work in. Pretty laid back environment.
Pros
No heavy lifting
Cons
Got boring at times
Fun and good people
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Campbellsville, KYMarch 20, 2017
I learned great traits that i can use later on in life. It was a building career that offered me great opportunities. Great people, great working environment.
Pros
working environment
Cons
Salary
Fun and productive
Team Captain (Current Employee) –  Corbin, KYMarch 20, 2017
Hibbetts is a good and fun environment to work in. Management is good and will help you understand the work. The store manager will also work with school schedule.
good
Team Captain (Current Employee) –  McComb, MS 39648March 20, 2017
Produvtive work environment with flexible work schedule . Great culture and management staff. Good thing about this job is meeting and greeting new people.
Pros
Discount, flexiable schedule, easy work
Cons
short breaks, pay
Nice work for a college student
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSMarch 19, 2017
It was a good steady job to get me through school. The management could use improvements. But other that that it was good. Not hard work as long as you have common sense.
Get all the facts before you accept employment offer.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAMarch 17, 2017
Hibbett Sports Management is full time, however you get only part time hours anywhere from 29 to 30 a week. The training is up to you, you read some books and watch videos to certify your self with very little help from the upper management so it is all up to you to get it done in a short time frame which is impossible because when you work it is yourself an one other employee, so try to find time to get all of your testing and training done is almost impossible!

You are promised positions of moving up but favoritism will cross your tracks and derail you to an uncomfortable seat in the back row of your career.

Not the experience I thought it to be.
Pros
You do eventually get to go home at the end of the day.
Cons
Returning day after day for what?
I want to work
Hibbet sports (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MSMarch 15, 2017
I need a job for me aND my loving wife vashaley and help my mother with my little brother and with me helping me into college and have everything that I need for me,my girlfriend, and family members like my mother and little brother
Pros
My mother cooking
Cons
Egg and bacon
Very fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 15, 2017
Working at Hibbett Sports was one of the best jobs I have had, it was very friendly and very amazing working there. The whole work crew were like family and everyone treated each other kindly with respect.
Pros
Worked around school scheduele, everyone got along.
Cons
Short breaks.
Sports Store
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAMarch 14, 2017
Hibbett is a great place to work to start off. It sells a variety of stuff. Manager works with you one on one. Lets you grow as a person. The hardest part of the job is the people not coming to work. It is a lot of young people that work there.
Pros
Great learning place
Cons
too many kids work their
Good job to have
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCMarch 14, 2017
Hibbett sports is a wonderful employer. They offer a variety of experiences to anyone who works there. Customer service is the main focus of this company and they really believe in creating a positive shopping trip for each person who walks in the store.
calm working enviornment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAMarch 13, 2017
Working at Hibbetts has been a great experience for me. The working environment was different but everyone was friendly and outgoing. While I was working at hibbetts I was also attending school.
The manager was horrible.
Team Player (Former Employee) –  Derby, KSMarch 12, 2017
The manager I had was horrible and never told me I was a good worker. And never let me advance on because I was moving, but I worked there for 6 months, and could've possibly transfered nut he wouldn't allow it.
Sporty Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSMarch 8, 2017
If you athlete or maybe just into athletic apparel try hibbett sports.
I worked there while a student athlete a CCC. They have wonderful promotions and incentive to help you develop as a salesman
Sale associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCMarch 7, 2017
Simliar to jimmy jazz. Athletic store apparel we clean sale shoes and sports equipment. I learned a lot about shoes and the pros and cons of different shoes, the workplace was great different people but with teamwork
Competitive and upbeat atmosphere.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMarch 7, 2017
A typical work day at Hibbett Sports as a General Manager is coaching an award winning staff and giving quality customer service.
As a GM I developed a deeper joy to lead and service others. Management partnered with one another to create a welcoming and safe environment. The workplace culture is simply giving excellent customer service. The hardest part of the job is working retail hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is putting smiles on the faces of satisfied customers and seeing the results from building an awesome team.
Pros
Driven Teambuilding Atmosphere
Cons
Long Hours
Shoetastic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMarch 6, 2017
WHo doesnt love working for a shoe store? It was one of the best experience I have had working for a company. I loved hibbets and the people that were involved.
Customer service in retail sales
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INMarch 2, 2017
I worked for Hibbett Sports right out of high school and into my first year of college. It was a nice part-time job to help pay for school. I enjoyed the short shifts and my boss working with my schedule.
Overall not bad company to work for.
Head Coach (Former Employee) –  IowaMarch 1, 2017
Good people to work with and flexible scheduling for the most part. Pay is slightly under average and occasionally under appreciated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hibbett Sports. Our community is ready to answer.