Hibbett Sports Employee Reviews

Very Busy
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVDecember 15, 2017
A Typical day at Hibbetts is very fast paced, there's always clothes to be folded or customers to help. I've learned how to multitask and how to work under pressure. The management could've trained the seasonal employees more thoroughly. The culture of this particular Hibbett Sports was very goal oriented, keeping everyone on their toes to close customers down on their purchases. The hardest part of the job, considering it was my first job and I started during the holidays, would be trying to help everyone in a timely manner because you want to make sure everyone gets great customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing the customers walked out satisfied with their purchases.
Bad pay and hours
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Trinidad, CODecember 14, 2017
The company is very conservative and you'll get fired for having your cell phone while working. The pay is bad, and the GMs have to work an absurd number of hours for the meager salary. But the discount is good, especially if you have a family, and the district managers were good.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay, hours, cell phone policy
Fun place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSDecember 13, 2017
This company is a great job to work for, but it is not a career job. I enjoy the time I spent there. The people I worked with was awesome. The manager offered a better position for me recently, so I can come back but that's not in God's plan.
Manager
Manager/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSDecember 13, 2017
great place to work at. It was my first commission job and i learned a lot about selling through this job. The bad thing about working this job was black Friday.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCDecember 13, 2017
Hibbett Sports is an awesome place to work. Every day you are able to interact and communicate with different people and assists them with any of their needs.
Terrible boss
Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Fayette, ALDecember 12, 2017
I worked at Hibbetts for right at a year and absolutely hated it. My boss treated the people from the town the store was at better that the employees from outside of town. I got fired for something one of the girls from there did. I got wrote up for the dumbest stuff and the pay I was getting wasn’t worth the drive I had to take so my whole paycheck went into gas
Good
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSDecember 12, 2017
I really enjoyed working here the people were really great managers were nice and understanding and very easy to get along with no complaints at all really
Productive and an overall great experience
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grenada, MSDecember 11, 2017
Hibbett sports is a great company to work for. The manager I had at Grenada was awesome as well. I would recommend this job to anyone who loves shoes or people such as myself.
Worst Job of my Life
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LADecember 10, 2017
This job was not enjoyable. We were asked to do things that were very time consuming, and unreasonable. The manager at the time was very rude. However, things may have changed since.
Work Place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHDecember 9, 2017
Very relaxed atmosphere. Placed in a good community. The staff is young, but very good to work with. The store is clean and well run. Very enjoyable talking to customers.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 7, 2017
It’s overall a good job to work at and you learn new things and the mangers are very nice and they also have a open door policy and they make there employees feel welcome and comfortable.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Working at Hibbett's
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, ALDecember 3, 2017
It was a good job, and the hours are not bad as long as you don't have to work a double. Do not care for the district manager, he is actually very rude.
Pros
discounts
Cons
district manager
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCDecember 1, 2017
Productive and fun place to work, great people to work with, great option for sporting goods in the greater Boone, NC area. Located in a complex with Walmart.
Pros
Productive and fun place to work
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Relaxed and Collabrative working
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCDecember 1, 2017
It was fun, talking and giving lots of info about great products for sports, you talk to lots of coaches and hear about sporting events, If you are the type that loves sports, this is a great entry level job for most, even if you aren't into sports.
Pros
You got to talk to a lot of people
Cons
kids like to play and possibly break something.
Stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hazard, KYNovember 30, 2017
Employees were written up for nothing, demoted, and fired for little to no reason. Everyone was on edge all the time, and I did not like not being able to run the register for the first month of employment even though I am more than capable
Great work enviorment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCNovember 28, 2017
As a part time associate we were assigned to cover a few areas in the store as well as provide excellent customer service. Management is great at Hibbett Sports the communication is key. I enjoyed helping customers find what they were looking for without a problem at all.
Relaxed
Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILNovember 27, 2017
Help customers. Learned how to be a better salesperson, all of the employees were very nice, very laid back, hardest part was keeping all of your quizzes on track, most enjoyable part was being around people and merchandise that I like.
Pros
Discount(25% off everything)*Some exclusions apply
Cons
No Benefits
Don’t work there
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NENovember 24, 2017
Worked there for awhile They are stingy and always made up excuses to not give me my yearly raise. The regional manager treated us like we were worthless. Honestly, the discounts aren’t worth it. They accused the asistant manager of “stealing” because he gave out “too many” coupons during Christmas time. My coworkers were very chill but the company does not know how to treat their employees. They are always hiring because people are always quitting. Worst place to work at.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, low wage
Great job to start at
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GANovember 20, 2017
This would be a job that I would recommend to someone who never had a job and is starting out. But if you are serious about the job you can move up in the company.
Pros
Alot of fun
Cons
Na
good if you are in school
AC/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYNovember 16, 2017
they would work around school and life due to lack of hours that they can give. this is a fantastic first job and worth giving it a shot Management can be a worth while path

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hibbett Sports. Our community is ready to answer.