Hibdon Tires Plus Employee Reviews

Good job overall
Mechanic/Helper (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 9, 2017
The hours are good, and you get overtime. I learned that if you want work bad enough, and you're willing to work hard all day in the outside elements, there's always work for you at Hibdon's. The workplace culture can be a little rough. You have to be able to get along with all kinds of people (including people who have just been released from prison and like to size you up). But that's just the nature of some workplaces.
Pros
Good benefits and plenty of hours equating to decent pay.
Cons
I personally experienced a few bad apples I worked with.
horrible work environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Mustang, OKJune 19, 2017
My experience with this company has been absolutely horrible. nothing i can say will encourage anyone to become a member of this company. from the management all the way to coworkers and work environment is poor.
Pros
non
Cons
work environment is horrible
Good job, solid work envirorment
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJune 4, 2017
Show up at 6:45 clock in open the bay doors take the tires out, pull the overnights out and do anything else that needs to be done before 7:30 and then the day begins.
Pros
free lunch on saturdays
Cons
short breaks
Low pay and long hours not worth the effort. Go to a dealership for better advancements.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 24, 2017
Low wages, Long Hours, Very Little room for advancement, Under appreciated by management. No training for advancement you have to find your own. Technicians are all self taught and usually do not know fundamentals of automotive repair at all. The technicians that do do good work and understand whats going on in the automotive world do not stay as they can achieve higher wages and better advancement at competitors.
Pros
Tire discounts and decent benifits
Good work place
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 21, 2017
Good working enviroment. I did enjoy my time working for the company for 6 months. The pay was good and so were the people. I would recommend working there.
productive fun work enviroment
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 13, 2017
I enjoyed working at Hibdon tires,learned how to mount and balance tires,very fun workplace,a good stable job with good benefits,not very much pay,but it is a stable job,I left this job to work pipeline.
Pros
great stable job with advancements, good insurance
pay
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 7, 2017
pay is not competitive to other after market shops is the only problem i see wrong with hibdons other then that i enjoyed working there it is a place to learn but not to provide for a family
Pros
great place to be
Cons
low pay
The job drains you physically and emotionally
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 3, 2016
After 10 almost 11 years...... It wasn't worth it anymore. I never made over 10 an hour. And I was an auto tech. I pretty much was in a car wreck and my back got messed up and the company just cast me aside like I was nothing left with nothing. People will always try to steal your tools..
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Everything else
Alright
Sales (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 26, 2016
It's an okay place to work, work isn't very difficult. What really made the job was being able to help people and the people I worked with. Some days the customers where the best.
no breaks for some, long hours, low low pay
Oil Technician (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMarch 11, 2016
Constant degrading comments by most in the shop. Store manager has his head in the clouds with no clue of what's going on. 1 or 2 people work while others play on their phones all day. I really feel for any customer that makes a decision to get any services done there.
Pros
medical
Cons
pay, mgmt, breaks, hours, coworkers
Did not like working for them.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 17, 2015
I Started at a shop that I did not like. Then they moved me to a shop that actually was willing to teach and train me. Everything was going fine then for some reason they moved me back to old shop. This shop was not willing to teach me and train me so I left the company
Fun place to work
Suspension, Steering and Brake Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 30, 2014
Not climate controlled. Required to work in the elements regardless of temperature. Not worth the compensation.
Pros
Fun environment.
Cons
Poor management practices.
Very flexible hours
A/P-Sales (Former Employee) –  Okc, OkOctober 6, 2014
I was able to create my own schedule. I also traveled from store to store, which was fun.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough training
This place is ok
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 11, 2014
A good place to work if you're the right person. 10 hour days with overtime and may work weekends. Mix of co-workers, some great, others with attitude problems that can create a hostile environment. Fun working on vehicles and learning new machines but definitely not much room for advancement or pay increases. Not a "Career" just a job.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
hit or miss with management and employees
very fun work place
Technician, sales and service manager (Former Employee) –  oklahoma cityJune 25, 2014
very fast paced and enjoyable while your there. several position there so always able to bounce around to different jobs
Great people
Tire Tech (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMay 3, 2012
The people I worked with there were among the nicest I have worked with anywhere. They became like family to me in a short period of time. I really miss working with those guys. the job was very tough though. You had to keep moving when you didn't feel like it.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
working in all weather conditions, lots of heavy lifting, had to work very fast, long hours and low pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hibdon Tires Plus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5