hibu Employee Reviews

ok place to work
Digital Sales Consultant Partner (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 13, 2018
management varies, sales planning is horrible about giving us any information we get our comp plans changed at least 2 times a year on average. Took away yearly bonus 2 years ago.
Training is excellent
pushing orders is complicated always changing systems.
must be very flexible and adjust quickly to new procedures and systems.
Some flexibility on schedule is nice, not a super positive environment
stressful at times
Pros
no weekends, adjustable schedule to some degree, good benefits
Cons
constant change in commissions, changes in structure
Good people, sporadic direction.
Digital Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 7, 2018
Hibu has been transitioning from a phono book company to a digital marketing company. Changes are often and often seem disorganized and cause chaos for employees and lower management.The nice and supportive employees make it tolerable.
Evolving Let Down
Digital Service Consultant/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 6, 2018
Hibu started as my savior from an unpleasant collections job, I enjoyed my job and it's fast paced energy up until the beginning of this year when they announced we'd start doing collections on our accounts. Aside from being tech support, customer service, retention, and account manager we're now doing this job as well. The culture sucks, everyone is miserable, upper management is seeking out ways to "catch" you in the act of something they're not even sure of and there is no additional pay for doing all of the additional jobs listed above. You're the "go to" guy for the client, but you're also the fall guy for any and everything that can possibly go wrong with an account, without exception.
Pros
Na
Cons
Stress
Relaxed atmosphere but competitive
Telephone Sales (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 6, 2018
Hibu is a sales driven company who is transitioning from phone book advertising into digital advertising. The challenge of the job was convincing clients the need for having advertising in print directories while also convicting on the need for online advertising.
Unrealistic Quotas
Senior Acct. Executive (Current Employee) –  California and OregonJanuary 31, 2018
Small town America can't support the ask Hibu requires to stay in the bonus program. to be considered a new customer acquisition now, you have to sell over $150 a month program.
Hibu
Digital Advertisement Consultant (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 25, 2018
A great place to build experience in advertisement and marketing, Im currently working here and its almost been a year, It has its busy days but it keeps your job from being boring.
Work independently
Manager of Distribution (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 24, 2018
I was allowed to set my own schedule and work independently on my tasks with little supervision. I was solely responsible for the completion of my markets with the distant support of my supervisor. My coworkers were great to work with.
Pros
work from home.
Cons
solely responsible for duties.
great place to work
CSR in Digital Partner (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 22, 2018
great place to work, great hours, great pay, great leadership. Just an overall fantastic company. You can never go wrong with a career that gives your the time off that they do and the opportunity to make a lot of money as they do.
Great job if you love sales
Digital Account Executive (Current Employee) –  TNJanuary 16, 2018
This is a great job if you like freedom of schedule and sales. You can manage your schedule around things going on in your personal life and it will not become a conflict as long as you are hitting your sales numbers.
Pros
schedule freedom
Cons
hard product to sale
Great work day but stressful job
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2018
I loved the flexible schedule and the ability to work from home and from my car. That helped out with my family life and made the job better but the cold calling was difficult.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
stressful
Relaxed atmosphere but a stressful environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 4, 2018
While the company promotes a relaxed atmosphere - and for the most part it is - the actual working environment is very stressful depending on the department you work in.

Certain departments continue to add responsibilities to your plate and refuse to compensate pay to accommodate the added workload and responsibilities.

There is very little room for any advancement unless you have an "in" with upper management. Quality of your work, skills, and abilities have no bearing on advancement.
Pros
If you get the right manager, they can make it an enjoyable experience.
Cons
A lot.
It wasnt the worst...
PC Technician (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 1, 2018
But there are better, more stable companies to work for. There was also some shady business with the building they were renting. The risk of being unemployed was great.
A Job not a Career
Digital Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 21, 2017
A good place to work, the people are great, and the environment is pretty good casual and laid back. Don't get paid what you should and a lot changes and they expect you to do more. More of a job than a career but not impossible if you enjoy it.
No review
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2017
Virtual office and autonomy was nice. If you hit your numbers, you are all good. Great tools and technology for salespeople. Customer service could be improved
bad company to work for
Media Account Manager- Executive (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYNovember 12, 2017
they have no clue they changed name thinking this would help it didn't they don't have enough support to handle the business they take forever to full fill orders loose clients daily.
sold websites
Digital Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 29, 2017
not a bad place to work. lot of repeat phone calls to people who already said not interested but still wasnt bad. left here for transamerica which is something i shouldnt have done
Love this place!
Inside Sales Marketing Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 25, 2017
Best place to work! I have learned so much while working here, this place essentially molded me into who I am today. The culture is amazing, you instantly fit right in when you step into the doors. The hardest part of the job would be the afternoons, (I get tired) but nothing a little coffee cant fix!
work hard, could earn more
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  nvOctober 16, 2017
was a great place to work, managers not trained to be good managers, only had to be a successful sales rep. great benefits, fair pay. large national company, poor management
Pros
great people
Cons
quotas too high
too many hats
Executive (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 13, 2017
The job pays good if you're willing to put in the extra hours and where additional hats outside of Sales. The sales job is a fun position meeting with and working with business owners.
Opportunity is there, it's all up to you.
Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 10, 2017
Hibu is a leading digital marketing provider helping small to medium size businesses navigate an ever changing digital world. Hibu offers you a chance to advance in your career path, while offering excellent income potential along the way. The thing that will determine how far you go and how much money you earn is how much desire you have inside. The company offers the training and products for you to be successful. Management is supportive and helpful and willing to help you anyway they can. It's not an easy job but the rewards are great if you're willing to put in the effort and have that inner drive to succeed.
Pros
Unlimited income potential - flexible schedule
Cons
A lot of competition in the marketplace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at hibu. Our community is ready to answer.