hibu

hibu Employer Reviews

liked the environment
Telephone Sales (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 9, 2014
liked the environment, sitting on the phone doing outbound calls wasn't for me
Best people I've ever worked with!
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: great bosses, at least the ones you'll talk too.
Cons: poor compensation for work put in and constant reminders of yellowbook's past
The people I work with there are hands down the best people I've ever worked with. The culture of hibu is great, however unreachable goals, constant cuts in the building, and the growing field of everyone and their brother knowing how to make a "website" has hurt.
Great Stepping Stone
Sales & Marketing Account Executive (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MISeptember 1, 2014
This was a great starter position for me into sales. I met some great people and learned the ropes of sales and marketing.
Productive interesting place to work
Data Governance Coordinator (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAAugust 27, 2014
I enjoyed working there. I learned a lot about research and Data analysis.
Was ok place to work.
Pagination Specialist (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 27, 2014
Fun while it lasted.
Lots of changes over the eyars.
Management was ok.
Co-workers were great.
fun people
Media Consultant- Outside Sales (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDAugust 25, 2014
I really enjoyed my co-workers. The job keeps you busy but at the same time they respect the employees.
High stress, minimal to zero reward and compensation
Web Content Writer / Editor (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 20, 2014
During my time at the company I developed new training materials, edited new style guides, personally piloted products before they were launched globally, created audit procedures and provided direct feedback to employees based on their production capabilities, writing, and customer communication methods.

Despite this, in the over 2 years of employment – more... with the company, there was no room for growth, and very minimal compensation. I frequently did the work of multiple people at once, managers included, though my compensation (and treatment from anyone in management or other departments) did not reflect that I was anything but another entry-level employee.

Additionally, extreme responsibility was placed upon me due to this, which placed me in extremely uncomfortable situations. In many instances I was given responsibility over my coworkers, though I was in their exact same position with no true, definitive authority.

It was a job taken out of convenience - and it was good for that at the time - though I would not recommend it to anyone that has the ability to remain selective of their employer. – less
hibu as a company has been going through a lot of management changes and consequently the culture and the work environment has been unstable
Sr. Manager - Magazines/Direct Mail Manufacturing (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: location of the company geographically
Cons: cultural decline due to the new financial realities faced by the company
hibu, formally Yellow book, was a thriving company in early 2000s. While the core product, the yellow pages, usage was declining nationwide due to the introduction of smartphones and other advertising tools, hibu’s market share was growing through acquisitions. This false sense of success has deprived the company from the cutting edge drive to move – more... into the web world and invest in new ways to help customer generate leads for their business. Consequently hibu has entered the web Market very late compared to the competition, and the road to establish its self as a market leader has been an uphill battle. – less
Good place to work must be willing to work hard.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYAugust 18, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good earning potential
Cons: too much competition with product line and unrealistic objectives
Good place to work, but hard work. Yellowpages is getting harder to sell to new clients and many existing clients are cancelling. They have a good digital product line.
Transforming company with passionate employees
Senior Manager - US Directory Listings (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 18, 2014
Hibu (originally Yellowbook, inc.) is transforming from primarily a print book business into a digital/web-based model. The past 2-3 years have been challenging in the form of staff reductions and data content removal; but has been necessary to continue to be successful in the future.
The people are focused and passionate about delivering a high-quality – more... product. – less
Quickly declining
Manager (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAAugust 17, 2014
Pros: some good colleagues
Cons: leadership, culture, job security, products
Too many costly mistakes by senior leadership have caused hibu to decline rapidly. No long-term hope for print or digital products. Print will obviously be gone within a few years and hibu's digital products are a complete failure. Don't expect any part of hibu to survive.
Will be out of Business sooner than later
Hibu Business Development (Current Employee), memphis tnAugust 11, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low pay, no direction, high quotas, bankruptcy
impossible quotas, underpaid for sales made, no direction
I was productive
account services specialist (Current Employee), cedar rapids iowaAugust 5, 2014
sold advertising to current customers, helped with inqueries and collections if needed
Standing on Shaky Ground
Account Executive, Multi-Media (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 2, 2014
Pros: virtual office
Cons: long hours after 5 p.m, and sometimes weekend appointments
- Expect to knock on doors and make as many face-to-face contacts with decision makers as possible, and set appointments with them.
- I learned a lot about the different marketing needs of a wide variety of industries and businesses.
- Management wants constant contact and communication.
- I have worked with some of the finest and most professional – more... sales people in the nation that have become life-long friends.
- The hardest part of the job is keeping up with constant change.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is the team building events and contests. – less
Bankrupt company who has constiant lies!
Online Marketing Rep (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 2, 2014
They are bankrupt sent over 1000 job overseas cause it was cheaper, they lie to their employees and even their customers. wouldn't recommend working there but the pay is good
Laid Back work space
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 29, 2014
its a nice place to work and be laid back but they dont have everything together.
Great Culture
Associate Manager Customer Service Prime (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 28, 2014
There have been some layoffs lately which make it hard to stay motivated.
great start for sales
Media Specialist (Current Employee), knoxville tnJuly 25, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
A hotbed of paranoia
Customer Operations Executive (Current Employee), ReadingJuly 22, 2014
Pros: a masterclass in how not to run a company, comedy on an hourly basis
Cons: management style and treatment of staff modelled on guantanamo bay.
Ham fisted management is bleeding this company dry! Cuts are made across the board on what seems like an annual basis, with many longstanding experienced staff turfed out. Each time they realise that they made too great a cut and have to hire temporary workers with less experience to fill the roles they hacked at.

Department managers like to promote – more... a blame culture and regularly go on witch-hunts amongst floor staff to justify their roles, which mainly consist of taking meetings about meetings. Productivity is low due to the number of productivity reports bullied staff have to submit on a daily basis, with morale even lower due to high daily targets, resulting in substandard work.

The company operates on a 'face-fits' basis, with fools and donkeys fast-tracked to management status, while hardworking staff with talent and passion are overlooked.

A clanking dinosaur that got left behind, the company rebranded from Yell to Hibu, little realising that the name is Japanese slang for 'genitals.' Which just about sums up my experience of this company. – less
Great pay, but very hard work to sell
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Victorville, CAJune 26, 2014
The company seems great to work for but it is extrememly hard to do the sells that they need you to do.

1 2 3 4 5