hibu Employee Reviews in United States

great place to learn and grow!
Copywriter/Voice-Over Specialist (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 28, 2016
Hibu was a good place to work, it was both a competitive and enjoyable environment. As a voice artist i was able to develop my skill as well as others.
Pros
Creative Work Environment, Challenging tasks, Pay
Cons
Healthcare, PTO, Management
financially struggling comapny with high pressure and low returns
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Work from homeApril 25, 2016
There is absolutely no job security as the company is struggling financially and people are being let go from their positions every month. One month you could get paid a bonus and be at the top of the ranking report and the next month you are being fired for non performance. Every employee is let go for non performance and the company wont fight you for unemployment benefits and that is the nicest thing I can say about working there.
Pros
Cons
non- existent job security
Interesting Products
Business Development Regional Representative (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 19, 2016
This company made prpomises they couldn't deliver and are going through bankruptcy. in 1 year all the reps in my territory quit or were let go besides me. I chose to leave to make a move to work for Nexus and GM
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Lack of substantial infrastructure for managers and bdm's
Excellent
PUBLICATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Redford, MIApril 5, 2016
I worked from home to manage 7 community magazines, providing 16 pages of content by finding community contributors and coaching them to write articles and send pictures. The job paid well and required about 50-60 hours per week, sometimes including going to meet with people in the communities.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the computer problems which made the tasks take longer than they should have.

The most enjoyable part was interviewing people and writing their stories and hearing from them how much they liked the results.
Pros
Doing what I was created for: writing, editing, schmoozing with people
Cons
Computer glitches
Decent place to work
Manager Leads (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 24, 2016
Good company until the economy changed making it harder to get small businesses to advertise. My management was good. The my direct reports were hard working, reliable people. Their work ethic was good. The overall department work together well as a team all seeking to reach a common goal.
Productive, energetic environment
Preliminary Page Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 17, 2016
The work day usually started with management letting their employees start working on their own without much interference. The management did an awesome job of allowing their staff the freedom of working independently. The employees felt confident in their skills and knowledge to do their work, meet their deadlines, and enjoy a laid back work environment.
Pros
Flex schedule, work from home two days a week, and healthcare benefits.
Cons
Frequency of changes to company structure
Deadline driven environment
Data Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 14, 2016
A typical day was checking the company spreadsheet for assignments due that day, and completing them in a timely and accurate manner.
Good Culture
Digital Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 1, 2016
You are always learning something new at hibu. No one phone call is ever the same and you have to be on your toes. I enjoy my manager and the culture.

The hardest part of the job isn't necessarily cold calling, the product is good and has many pros. The hardest part is the minimal salary you are given, it provides no security.
Pros
Time Off, Good Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, hourly wage
26 career with this Company-Overall great employer-Traveling long distances has increased
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA-Work markets Florida & GeorgiaFebruary 14, 2016
Travel to Market area-meeting with set appointments. Presenting products & closing, cold calling & setting new appointments. Sending reports to management. Helping customers with product related issues. Have great relationships with other reps. Traveling greater distances in past couple of years and taking on other representatives customers along with existing accounts has been the greatest challenge. The long lasting relationships that I have with customers over the past 26 years is the most enjoyable.
Great company to work for
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 1, 2016
I truly enjoyed working with Hibu. It is a changing industry and I learned how to adapt to the changes, but I made the most of them. A typical day as a BDR was prepping for the day from 7-9 (making changes to client's websites, mapping out my territory, making a few calls, setting appointments). Then from 10-3, I would square a block and cold-call for new business or attend networking events to get new business. The rest of the day, I would set aside for appointments, finishing up building websites, and setting up appointments for the next day. Management was awesome, since they knew how to work with you to be successful. The hardest part of the job is it's all you. You have to do lots of legwork and get out there to make business. The most enjoyable part is you help businesses get digital solutions at affordable costs that actually work.
Pros
Great solutions, great management, good work-life balance
Cons
lots of hard work
great company ,great people very proffessional
Self Employed Contractor (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 25, 2016
Great fortune 500 company.Delivers over 180 million phone books a year in all 50 states.Very well compensated ,very forgiging yet expect everything be done as perfect as possible.
Pros
I'm my own boss, report to my supervisor only and has the faith and trust in me to give me a free leash.
Cons
Weather, just like mailmen, we deliver every day sun or rain blizzard, hurricanes you name it
A Ferocious Cycle of maintaining mediocrity
New Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 21, 2016
Work at hibu is very routine. Learning the systems a work flow can be challenge with the company always in flux. The works try their best to work with what is provided, however there is no set structure or proper work flow which leads to improvising. This however allows you to find ways to manage with what you have provided. The workers themselves are hard working, but with out proper leadership and job security, everyone is is struggling to stay relevant and not finding solutions to better the company.
Pros
Coworkers, Bi-weekly pay
Cons
Disorder, Lack of job security, Short breaks, Lack of Leadership
Great place to work.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 22, 2015
Overall, Hibu is a great place to work. Medical benefits are not the best. There is a lot of traveling. Management was great. Co-workers were awesome. Best part of the job was the people you meet.
Pros
Most everything
Benefits
Great Culture and atmosphere
New Business Development (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 7, 2015
I loved working at Hibu, the culture is fantastic, the people you work with, including management all take pride in what they do. Their ongoing relationship as a Premier Partner of Google backs up the product they are selling so it is easy to keep selling it as you see more and more happy customers.
Pros
Ongoing training
Cons
A few times there were too little leads
Laid off when my job was transferred overseas.
Web Quality Assurance Specialist/Website Editor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 9, 2015
I liked working at hibu. I worked there for almost 19 years in three different positions with the company. I got to know a lot of my fellow coworkers and was able to meet my own personal qualifications for the three jobs that I worked at there.
Benefits
Cons
Being laid of
Work/life balance is good
Account Manager / Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 6, 2015
Fine place to work. Have worked here more than 12 years. Work/life balance is flexible. Income is good. Job security has improved.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Upper management
I'd rather not say
Account Executive, Digital Marketing (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2015
I'd rather not say anything in detail about this company. Its more of an entry level sales experience with intense over management and supervision down to the minute
Pros
associated with Google
Cons
micro managed culture
Terrific
Reg Dist Mgr (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLOctober 30, 2015
Hibu has provided me with an exceptional opportunity to work in diverse populations over a wide geographical landscape. I look to carry over this experience into a new and bright successful career.
Great company - Digital Marketing Made Easy
Business Development - Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 9, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. You build your own book of business. There's great sales incentives. Weekly training provided.
good place to work
Digital Specialist (Current Employee) –  cedar rapidsOctober 6, 2015
good atmosphere to work in . they have great pay , commission and bonus structure. Great upper management as well . Monday thru Friday schedule is always a bonus