hibu Employee Reviews

A company with too much micro management
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2017
This is a company who sells web solutions such as websites and web optimizations but in a very limited range of operations, a lot of micro management makes difficult to work but good training
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Too much micro management
Given great tools to run my operation & help my clients!
Sales Manager/Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 12, 2017
My job was to help hundreds of small to medium size businesses succeed in the digital marketing world. This all began with building relationships...lasting relationships, listening to their needs. As a result, they began to see what was once a complicated and confusing marketing tool; begin to deliver qualified leads to their business. That was my payoff.

The hardest part of my job was working with prospects that had been "burned" by my competition and were not interested in working with anyone. As a result, they were doing nothing and were buried online.
Outbound Sales
Customer Sales Representative / Call Center (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 4, 2017
When I got in it was starting a new program and it wasn't going so well. The people you worked with wouldn't work with you to get the job done. So, in turn it wasn't a good job.
Ups and Downs
Process Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 23, 2017
The company is outsourcing everything now and it is evident that the onshore employees aren't as important as they used to be. Positive is that there are a lot of good people who work here.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAMarch 17, 2017
I would suggest not working for this company as management had no idea what they are doing. company had a new CEO that made everything worse. Well worse than it was with a Yellowbook repoire that was terrible already.
Pros
not interested in reviewing
Cons
not interested in reviewing
Review Summary
Regional Digital Marketing Sales (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 14, 2017
This was previously yellowbook. We all know there has been a major shift from yellowpages to digital online content. They build good seo websites, That is the best the offer
Pretty respectable place to work
eMarketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 5, 2017
Their products and services really suck so you have to deal with a lot of mad customers, but the company isn't all that terrible.

I was in sales and I had my own desk and could eat, have my phone, and wasn't chained to my phone for a certain amount each day. All you have to do is make a certain amount of sales, so make as little calls as you want, just get the money,

We got let out early all the time,, PAID! Once we got to a certain amount of sales we got to go home early. I remember some days going in for an hour and being able to leave.

Don't expect to make crazy money, like maybe 1,800 a month if you do good at sales; but, you won't find a more chill job!
Pros
Relaxed, Smaller Quotas, Sometimes Pay
Cons
Job Security (enormous debt), Outbound Calling, Products & Services
fun place to work but surrounded by employees who don't want to be in sales
Digital Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 27, 2017
This is a position that has a lot of fun. The company offers a lot of incentives to sell and extra time off for closers. They have such a high turnover rate that they end up hiring employees that don't want anything to do in sales. These employees collect the base salary and just fill the seat and that makes everyone else be complacent with not selling. Marc the trainer was great but he focuses more on product selling vs actual selling technique. They don't really have a process for the sale and you feel like you have to learn to sell yourself. Have to say that the hours were wonderful! out by 430 and a lot of the time Fridays you could leave by 330 if you made sales that week. can make money but very hard to make more than 40k
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Poor leads and sales training
Horrible Company
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 24, 2017
Company is in bankruptcy court constantly, pressure to produce is incredible. Goals are unrealistic. Swenior reps were Never able to make goals
Pros
Decent Pay if you can get past horrible management
Cons
Managament is horrible
An extremely knowledged team effort, along with great success
Digital Associate Sales Executive/Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 23, 2017
Many meetings in person, and virtually daily; with many evenings filled with prep to gain knowledge for myself, in order to conduct, plus lead through key Questions of each different business leader we met with. Knowledge of earnings, employee size, and discovery of the needs at the time for forming a bid proposal. Meetings would sometimes need follow up later, and also time for analysis of logical tools toward success. Once a week I'd lead a meeting on Monday, for sharing new data to local team members. I'd also be involved in the success of all reps statewide through in person travels, or via webinar. Public conferences would happen but once a quarter, depended on upper management requests. There I would speak to 50 or more business owners, along side other key note speakers, to build confidence, educate, and create brand awareness to what we as a company could accomplish.
Unprofessional Work Environment; u
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 15, 2017
Its a job for someone with prior sales experience, must be optimistic and goal oriented to stay employed. The stress level is high with goals constantly changing. business has been going downhill for a few years following the mass layoffs in customer service the guidelines for their code of ethics is rarely met. In addition to having no distinguished job security. Job culture is laid back
Pros
healthcare, full time benefits
Cons
Advancement is not about what you know, rather than who you know
Great local management
Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 14, 2017
In the ever changing landscape of the marketing world, having good leadership is imperative. The local management was great at observing and seeing which direction they needed to steer the local team.
Low Morale
Digital Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia PAFebruary 6, 2017
I would not recommend Hibu to anyone. I would rather not speak about my experience with Hibu.

There is no enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Great place to gain experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 3, 2017
It's a typical 8 hour work day, 40 hours/week. I've learned that that if you work hard, are dependable and provide solutions (not complaints) the company will recognize your value. Over the past several years, changes to management have been for the best. The atmosphere has a youthful energy and is fairly laid back. The hardest part of the job would be carrying the weight of one or two slackers on the team but that's something you're going to deal with anywhere you go. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with clients and co-workers. Weekends off, paid vacation time and paid holidays are a nice touch.
Pros
Co-workers, Friendly and inclusive culture, Excellent work life balance, Great social life, Great office location (near public transport)
Cons
Nothing significant, occasional extra heavy workloads
Agile company working to reshape its business model
Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 3, 2017
Excellent work environment, challenging projects, fantastic people. Highly oriented toward employee satisfaction, but company is in a difficult period as it reorganizes from a traditional print media business to digital.
Pros
Positive work environment, strong management team
Cons
Challenging business environment as company reorganizes
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 3, 2017
Must be a go getter. Little requirements. Must be able to figure things out on your own. Too many meetings with very little being documented during them.

Able to work from home several days a month. Nice atmosphere, i.e., decor, desks, conference rooms, cafeteria, coffee.
Great group of people to work with!
Social Media Analyst (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 3, 2017
I've been with the company for nearly 10 years. In that time i've gotten to learn many skills and serve on many different teams. Hibu has provided me with a great daily balance between managing accounts and flexing my creative muscles. The managers are great and the team-friendly atmosphere makes for a good working environment and long-lasting friendships.
Pros
Good teammates, good managers, good pay, good vacation time
Cons
Occasional usage of outdated software
Great earning potential and work/life balance
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Worcester County, MAJanuary 27, 2017
Great company to work for as it grows into the Digital Space. Several product solutions offerings, great local management and earning potential.
Pros
Outside Sales
Cons
Limited upward mobility
Nothing to complain about
TEMP (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 12, 2017
Everybody was very nice and enjoyable to work with. Good work environment, working isn't too strenuous, and pay was decent for what I was doing. Nothing to complain about
Pros
Great place
Cons
Not much
Great job for living in Cedar Rapids Iowa
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 10, 2017
Sales goals and leads were stressful but there is opportunity to make decent money if you are talented at sales. Nights and weekends off were the best part of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at hibu. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7