Hickory Farms Employee Reviews

na
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 25, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company it was a wonderful experience however it is seasonal and i need something more stable and with more hours.
Pros
over great experience
Cons
not enough hours
Fun Workplace with a great management atmosphere
Associate/Asst (Current Employee) –  Vienna, WVJuly 25, 2016
A typical day at work for Hickory Farms is enjoyable. I have learned so much about their products and how to sell them. The management is wonderful. I have had the opportunity to work with not only the store manager, but also the area and district managers. They perceive themselves as an equal to the associates and that is one reason it makes it an enjoyable workplace. The hardest part of the job is standing on your feet for the whole shift, but during the peak sale weeks, it goes by pretty quick. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the excitement when customers see the Holiday Markets are open.
extra money
food prep/sales (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 18, 2016
extra Christmas money part time hours to help out talking with customers and wheeling them in for a sale was different supervisor was very helpful the product to sale is very good made it easy more enjoyable to work there.
Food with a twist
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 17, 2016
Hickory Farms was one of those companies that I would say can be a great place to work if you have the right team working with you. The team I had at the time I worked with them was, unfortunately, not the right team.
Pros
Great Locations and easy
Cons
Confusing
Wonderful Season
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CA 91763July 9, 2016
I loved working for Hickory Farms the Manager was great and the staff was out of this world. I learned a lot about the company and the products. Hope to go back.
Nice part time job
Assistant Manager (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJune 12, 2016
Fun environment, especially during holiday season. Not a career. Wold recommend to someone who needs extra money as a side job.
Pros
discounts
work day
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 4, 2016
i would also greet customers here and help them with their needs, i would also sample foods so i know health standards i also worked cashier and handled money day and night.
great seasonal job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 11, 2016
typical day: you arrive at mall opening and have to take down a tarp that covers the kiosk. Not fun. You get the kiosk ready in 15 minutes (you are rushed) to be open for the customers. To get ready you have to count the drawers, open the register, fold the tarps and put them away, and prepare sample tray. Selling meat, cheese, gift sets. Giving out samples to customers. You usually work a 6-7 shift by yourself. If you close you work from 3:30 - mall closing and you have break everything down and wrap the kiosk with the tarps. Make the bank deposit, lock up cash box, etc. You do the daily sales reports and fax them to home office. This is manager level work but you only make $8.00 per hour. You only work in teams between black Friday/Thanksgiving and up until the day after Christmas. Most people you work with are ok, but some are jerks. Management is good and flexible. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the tarps, and worrying about how you are going to take a restroom break. Some customers are jerks, but that is to be expected at the mall during the holidays. Most enjoyable part is not having a manger breathing down your neck. Employee discount is a nice perk.
Pros
not hard work
Cons
low pay, lack of breaks
great seasonal job for retail newcomers.
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 27, 2016
Great holiday atmosphere, very personal shopping experience. I learned a great deal of quality control, working with meats and cheeses you had to make sure temperatures were monitored frequently. As Assistant Manager i made sure all employees as well as customer satisfaction was steady. Coworkers are mostly retired or in school, very focused and experienced work environment. Hardest part of job was high customer volume during seasonal work. Most enjoyable part of the job was the joy of helping people pick out gifts for loved ones.
Pros
great experience
Cons
N/A
Fast pased, Fun environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 20, 2016
Great part time seasonal job, fast pased holiday season sales and customers all around. Lots of inventory, merchandising change of daily sales.
Good seasonal job for customers , co-workers nice, boss nice.
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  East devils Lake Rd. Lincoln City,OrApril 18, 2016
Site up store for seasonal sales and price items for sales, wrap gift boxes, do banking, train new employees, keep freezer to right temps. stock displays. Take money to drop shoot at night for deposit.
Pros
like job well. good co-workers. reilable hrs
Cons
some steeling going on by co-workers, and customers. Clean-up at simple needs.
Face pace, customer service oriented
Kiosk Manager (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAApril 11, 2016
As I was hired as a Seasonal Employee, there were no benefits, nor job advancement opportunities. However I enjoyed the face paced environment, and the focus on customer service.
busy during holidays
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 9, 2016
clock in put in apron stock and help customers, sample food. recycle boxes. manager was bossy. i did not like it . sales sales sales.
Pros
free food
Cons
hours
Selling of baskets and holiday items.
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 1, 2016
I have worked with Hickory Farms for two seasons during the holiday ,selling and promoting products to the customers , important to know product knowledge to increase sales. Management and staff work in very small space so team work is very important and providing excellent customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers
Pros
20% discount
Cons
no breaks, no setting down
People friendly with good customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAFebruary 29, 2016
Working for Hickory Farms allowed me to expand my sales associate experience and as well as increase my social skills. Each day I worked, the day went by like a breeze. I was in a fun, easy flowing, and steady pace environment. My Co-workers were easy to get a long with. I can't really say there was a hard part to the job. Overall, I enjoyed working for Hickory Farms.
Pros
Hour breaks
Cons
No discounts
Employment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelso, WAFebruary 22, 2016
A typical day at work included customer service, and promoting product. I learned to listen to people and not treat them like a number, but a fellow human being. Management gave me the freedom to take the knowledge of the company and promote product. The hardest part of the job was that it was only seasonal. The most enjoyable part of the job was customer satisfaction.
Pros
Test new product, able to try samples of product.
Cons
Seasonal
Fun and I learned a lot
Seasonal Sales (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYFebruary 19, 2016
I enjoyed working for Hickory Farms overall. It was typical retail I guess but nice because it was only seasonal.

Best part was meeting and talking to the customers, I really enjoyed that everyday.
Fun Workplace
Sampler (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAFebruary 10, 2016
-How to check people out on a register.
-My co-workers had great communication skills.
-Worked for times that worked for me.
Pros
-bonus if made target
Fun working place!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 4, 2016
I enjoy working there? The manger appreciate my work epic, plus my coworkers and I were well respected to each other.. I was told that I am a great Sales Assocate by my manger, coworkers and customers...
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
fun sesonal
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAJanuary 29, 2016
Fast pace good paying seasonal job.not a lot of interaction with co-workers, i had the opportunity to pull my seasonal crew from Halloween. hardest part in meeting payroll and sales. over all good company.
Pros
25% dicount
Cons
demanding scheduled

4.2