Hickory Farms Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Seasonal kiosk in the mall
Sales Associate/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INSeptember 21, 2017
Working at hickory farms involves sampling food to passersby customers, checking out customers at the register, restocking from the stock room, and exchanging out signs. Opening and closing are normal for team members. There was new management the previous holiday, and they were great to work with.
Productive,fun place,Customer service
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMSeptember 16, 2017
Loved this place I learned management experience,Got to meet lots of great people,Great customer service Counted inventory unloaded shipment.Worked with great team members very flexible schedule
Pros
Free samples.Great management, friendly kind, growing
Cons
Holiday only
Regional Manager Terrible
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILSeptember 11, 2017
The regional manager I had was batty. She liked to try to set up employees to fail. She acted like she was in high school, gossiping, bullying and spreading rumors.
Pros
pay
Cons
regional manager
Excellent Company
Seasonal Manager (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 7, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this organization. Tom was the CEO at the time and I absolutely loved working with him. He always went above and beyond to help the employees.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Hours and Pay
Nice Holiday Job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAAugust 31, 2017
Good place to work. Fine, friendly atmosphere. Would work there in the future.
They need to trainer employees a little better with health safety around food.
Amazing place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mary Esther, FLAugust 29, 2017
I enjoyed working at Hickory Farms as the store manager. It was fast pace because of the holiday season but my team and I had a blast. I wish it was a year round job.
Great Seasonal Job
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TX 78613August 24, 2017
This is a great seasonal job. 2 months out the year and the best time of the year. The Holidays!! This is fun and can be trying at times. You do see repeat customers from year to year. You get to do merchandising. You get to work with fantastic people who have great ideas. You usually have a great manager.
Pros
It's the Holidays so it's fun filled!
Cons
There are slow times and there are fun filled busy times!
seasonal job
Area Kiosk Supervisor, Store Manager, Sales (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALAugust 18, 2017
What a fun seasonal job. I worked at Hickory Farms for a few seasons as a spare job and made good money for a short period of work. I would recommend that anyone who is looking for a seasonal job work for them
Great Company to work for to move up in.
Seasonal Sales/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 10, 2017
A typical day at work is you clock in count the till to switch shifts with other person. Then refill the merchandise and set up a platter for samples. Pass out samples. Show customers what the sales are and show them the best deals.
Pros
Awesome Discounts
Cons
its sesonal
Enjoyed working at Hickery Farms
Manager/Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 9, 2017
Really enjoyed the job.. Great people, environment, product, as well as location. It is a seasonal job. requires high energy employees. great dedicated customers.
Pros
good people loved the prduct
Cons
seasonal
Fun Place to work during the xmas season
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 9, 2017
Fun workplace to work during the christmas holiday. I was involved in temporary store set up restocking of store shelves, product sampling, cash register purchases and returns, customer complaints, store closing, bank deposit
Pros
Balanced workplaced, shared work responsibilities
Cons
Temporary
Liked the employees I worked with, and I like working with the public.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 5, 2017
Quite making the employees shove food down the public's throat. You can offer to the customer but when we become more aggressive they walk away. Treat your employees better by providing enough hours for at least lunch.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
No breaks
This was just a seasonal job to help the company during the holiday season.
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHAugust 2, 2017
This was a new type of job for me to work. It was very challenging and let me use job skills I had already acquired from other career backgrounds from 1978-2005. It also allowed me to infuse skills with other workers that came to work during the holiday season and become more familiar with Hickory Farm products.
Cons
Very friendly coworkers and great hours
Cashier, Stocker, Saleswoman (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 30, 2017
This job is fun and rewarding. Being a part of this company gave me a sense of responsibility and better customer service. Mostly, you work on your own if it is at a kiosk and I believe it is very rewarding when you hit your goals for the day by yourself.
sales
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 23, 2017
very relaxed environment. Learned about working in a different way with people. management was great. hardest part was closing (which was not very hard) and easiest and most enjoyable was selling the product
Pros
selling
Seasonal job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 19, 2017
I loved working here. It was a fast paced environment where i got to help a variety of customers daily. It was only seasonal but over all a wonderful place to work.
Enjoyable workplace.
Gift Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 12, 2017
My social abilities were definitely put to use. I loved the opportunity to make a connection to someone I did not know personally. I liked seeing the satisfied faces of my customers when they were fond of the sample of product we passed out.
Loved it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJuly 6, 2017
Hickory Farms was probably one of my favorite jobs I've ever had. The hours were great, the coworkers were super friendly, and the pay was amazing. If Hickory Farms was a year-round thing in my area, I'd definitely be working there.
Pros
Wonderful job
Cons
Only seasonal
Relaxed and fun place to work.
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 1, 2017
It is a relaxed place to work while demonstrating seasonal products, there is a lot of interaction with the public.The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with inventory. The most enjoyable part was giving out samples and making the sales.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Standing for the duration of the shift.
Old school bad job
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 26, 2017
Poor management and poor opportunities. Squeeze blood from pennies. They will offer jobs of senior supervisors to employees, then try to overwork you until offer is no longer available. Work 50 hr a week during holidays and cut your hours during off season.
Pros
Free ham on thanksgiving(past sell by date)
Cons
Low wages, lower your wages during offseason