Hickory Farms

Hickory Farms Employer Reviews

very nice place with friendly people
Manager-Seasonal (Former Employee), aiken scJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: friendly atmosphere, and awesome employees
Cons: was only seasonal wish it was year around
i enjoyed myself very much. being the boss of the store all my employees were very polite and we made our sales goals every day. i learned alot more about what it takes to be a manager. i enjoyed the most handing out the samples, and being the one to handle all the paperwork for the store.
Greatly Enjoyed
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dover, DEJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: the work and co-workers
Cons: temporary position
Greatly enjoyed the work and serving customers. The samples we passed out were delicious.
Hickory Farms
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: it was enjoyable, exciting and easy
Cons: no benefits
A typical day at Hickory Farms included opening the register, making sure the shelves were fully stocked, putting away new shipment orders and of course customer service. The most enjoyable part of my day was talking to the customers and learning what they were looking for during the holiday season and helping them decide on the perfect item.
Fun Place to work.... Being able to work with the public is a rewarding experience.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Metairie, LAJanuary 2, 2015
Being able to introduce the products that Hickory Farm had to offer. Having old customers return and buy their favorite sausage and chess, and to also get them to like other things that they never tried before.
Opportunities and daily work with Hickory Farms
Store Manager (Former Employee), Eatontown, NJJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: worked with a lot of great employees
Cons: manger compensation could be better
Hickory Farms was a great opportunity to work as a store manager. It provided me with the ability to coach and teach employees how to provide excellent customer service, and to provide that service according to company expectations.
A typical day consisted of ensuring everyone followed their schedule, keeping hours to a minimum, meeting daily sales goals, keeping in contact with area manager. Making sure kiosk was stocked, clean, and organized. Making daily bank deposit.
The hardest part of the job was the long hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with employees and customers.
nice place
Seasonal Manager (Former Employee), taunton maDecember 31, 2014
I loved working here It was very nice and helped guide me very well
Loved working for this company!!
Salesperson, Cashier (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 31, 2014
Pros: great working environment!
Cons: no sitting allowed for sometimes over a 6 hour period.
I really enjoyed working for Hickory Farms. I usually opened this kiosk, and worked a 4 to 6 hour shift, several days per week. At first I worked alone, but closer to December, we worked together. I loved the people, and the management at this job! I met the owner a few times, he came for a training meeting which was very informative, and the management was very supportive. My manager for this kiosk worked as hard, or harder than we did, and never asked us to do anything she wouldn't do! It was a great effort by all of us, and we all enjoyed working together. I will really miss this place until next season, and I was pleased to learn most people work there several seasons in a row. It was a great environment to be in. I loved offering customers samples and being able to provide something they looked forward to having at the holidays!
A very good company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dartmouth, MADecember 30, 2014
Pros: one hour brake on a six hour shift, 30% off all product, good relationship with managment
Cons: no benefits, random schedule, lazy co-workers, seasonal
I worked almost 40 hours a week at hickory farms. I usually opened up the store. Opening the store I set up the shelves, counted the drawer, made a sample tray, recorded fridge temps, and called my district manager to let him know the store is open. Overall it wasn't a hard job I enjoyed it greatly. When people refused the sample it didn't offend me. The computer was extremely easy to work and if I had any questions my manager would always be right next to me ready to assist me. The hardest part of my job was my co-workers, I had a total of four co-workers including my manager. I always dreaded working with two of the four because of pure laziness. Overall I loved it, my manager was amazing.
Very Comfortible Workplace, Nice Management
Cashier, Sales, Customer Service (Former Employee), Ocala, FL Paddock MallDecember 30, 2014
Pros: samples, relaxing, simple
Cons: short breaks, long periods of doing nothing
This being my first real job I had no idea what to expect, I was nervous. After about two days I was completely comfortable and able to joke around with my co-workers and relax. Each day depending on my shift I would either prepare the kiosk (Take down tarps, put up signs, set up the register, ect) or I would jump right into work, greeting potential customers, describing our goods, or making sales. If I was closing that night I would also have to make a count of all of the cash earned and make a deposit after I put up the tarps. The hardest part of all of this was having to stand without anything to do for a couple hours at night when the mall was closing down. The most enjoyable part on the other-hand was joking around and talking to co-workers and people walking by. Most of my co-workers were wonderful we would talk during the slow periods and joke around a bit with one-another. We also were there for each other, if someones needed to take a break the other person wouldn't question it and just let them. Now with every business their is always a bad apple or two and some people who do things that might annoy you, but you work around it and enjoy the time you have together.
Putting smile on people faces
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 19, 2014
I love working with the public, I like being able to put a smile on someone face.Being the manager i have learned how to keep a balance schedule,Inventory,reports. I work will with others i communicate with my employee will. the hardest part of my job is when i half to write someone up for something they have done wrong
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chandler Mall - Chandler, AZDecember 19, 2014
Pros: very friendly coworkers and supervisors
Cons: little advancement opportunities for seasonal workers
Enjoyed my work and management was very understanding of my limits as a pregnant and disabled employee. The atmosphere was fun and rewarding, lots of opportunities to work with upbeat and happy people..
Typical day on the job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sterling Heights, MIDecember 11, 2014
Pros: free samples
Cons: work alone
A typical day for me a this job is standing around waiting on a customer to come by and ask for a sample of our delicious product. I learned a lot because I never worked in retail before. My job at Hickory Farms is very fun because I get to help customers and answer all questions if a customer doesn't know. I have the best co-workers and even my manager is so great.The best part of this job is that its so easy.
Holiday Tradition
District Manager (Current Employee), Maumee, OHDecember 8, 2014
Pros: cares about all employees at all levels
Cons: seasonal only
Hickory Farms is an awesome place to work.. its a holiday tradition for many families. For a seasonal position, they make sure to take care of the employees to make them want to return on a seasonal basis.. I have had so many employees ask why can't we be year round.. I look forward to returning each and every year to HF. Keep up the great job your doing..
fun
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Maumee, OHDecember 1, 2014
I loved this seasonal job i love everything about this job i really wish i could go back there
Good company to work for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Jose, CaNovember 24, 2014
A typical day is very fulfilling by meeting lots of wonderful people while offering them samples of the Hickory Farms product. I learned how to do sales. Management is great, very flexible and work well with their employees. Hardest part of the job is putting tarp on kiosk at the end of night at closing.
Fun and Interesting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bangor, MENovember 5, 2014
A typical day at work was trying to sell the product to customers walking by. Co-workers there was fun to work with. It was a good company to work for and would go back.
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Merced, CAOctober 27, 2014
This position and my past at this company does not have any influence on my future positions.
Great work oppurtunity
cashier/ sales associate (Former Employee), Saint Clairsville, OHOctober 23, 2014
Pros: to many to list
Cons: its only seasonal
the people you work for are awesome, the company is fantastic and the pay is not bad for a seasonal part/full time job.
mall environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roseville, MNAugust 29, 2014
Pros: fast paced work, excellent training
Cons: medical, dental, vision, seasonal work
greet and engage customers to sample and purchase products, recommend packages depending on customers requirements, cash handling, stock,inventory, multitasking. this was my first job learning how to operate a cash register and hand cash i learned very quickly. management wasn't to hard no micro-managing, always gave advice. we are all different ages so we each had different ideas about things and everyone listen to the others suggestions. the hardest part about the job was leaving it, because it was only seasonal and customers and mall shoppers, people who are just traveling for the holidays enjoyed having hickory farms. the most enjoyable part would have to be the smile on customers faces when they would sample the products and purchase expensive packages.
Hickory Farms was a very productive and enjoyable place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: it was a seasonal position
Most days were typically busy from the time i'd enter work.I was a sales associate at Hickory Farms.One of my responsibilities as a sales associate was to sample the products that we were selling.This taught me better strategies to use when sampling to potential buyers.For example if a family came into the store i would typically give the children treats and cheese,but I would give the men meat to sample. Working there gave me a better understanding of what true customer service is. The supervisors and managers were great to work with. They really care about there employees and I think that's important. I enjoyed my employment through this company because i was a easy job with a great atmosphere.

1 2 3 4 5