Hickory Farms

Hickory Farms Employer Reviews

Hickory Farms was a very productive and enjoyable place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: it was a seasonal position
Most days were typically busy from the time i'd enter work.I was a sales associate at Hickory Farms.One of my responsibilities as a sales associate was to sample the products that we were selling.This taught me better strategies to use when sampling to potential buyers.For example if a family came into the store i would typically give the children treats – more... and cheese,but I would give the men meat to sample. Working there gave me a better understanding of what true customer service is. The supervisors and managers were great to work with. They really care about there employees and I think that's important. I enjoyed my employment through this company because i was a easy job with a great atmosphere. – less
Love this company
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Nampa, IDAugust 11, 2014
Pros: holiday spirit, friendly company, and delicious food.
Cons: seasonal
This is a great company to work for. The owners are amazing. It really gets you into holiday spirit and the holidays make everyone friendly. Plus, Hickory farms is delicious!
Great environment
Manager (Former Employee), Goodlettsville, TNAugust 11, 2014
Great place to work and learn new experiences. Had some wonderful opportunities as far as furthering career options, and working with other companies. Overall, this company is an awesome place to work for with wonderful employees who treat their customers like family.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: long hours standing
I would clock in, then I would count the register to make sure that no money is missing. After that was done I would check around the kiosk to make sure that there was plenty of every type of gift box and individual items out, if there wasn't I would go to the store room and bring what ever was needed. After that I would hand samples out to people and – more... answer any questions they may have. If a customer places a special order such as a gift set or a number of gift sets, it would be my responsibility to put them together, make it look presentable and have them done on time. If I was closing that day I would walk around the kiosk to make sure it was neat for tomorrow. If it wasn't I would replace missing products, organize the display so it looks clean, and if necessary i would sweep the floor and area around the kiosk. Another responsibility of closing would be the deposit. I would have to count the register again, taking out the deposit while leaving the right starting amount for the next day. After the deposit has been taken out I would fill out the proper paperwork and drop the deposit off at the bank. – less
Great company
Manager (Former Employee), Ames, IAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: had an amazing supervisor
Cons: seasonal
When arriving at work I had to open the store and put money in register for the day. I had to assist customers as they needed, run cash register, interview for open positions, train new hires, make weekly schedules, take inventory, submit payroll and ship weekly paperwork.
Very fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vintage Faire MallJune 30, 2014
There was always something to do.
What I love is the importance of customers they put and also the importance of reaching their goal. Probably the hardest part of the job was the competitive part but that was very fun as well.
If you really need a holiday job.
Clerk (Former Employee), Yakima, WAJune 29, 2014
Cons: everything except for free samples
I didn't like working for them at all. Hardly any hours, management was atrocious, and probably the most boring job I've ever had. Really nothing good to say.
Customer Service with a smile at Christmas Time.
Sales (Former Employee), Dublin, OHJune 13, 2014
Pros: free samples
Cons: seasonal
A typical day here is like any other retail job.

Management hardly around but when they are you dont know it.

Co workers are easy to get along with
Management was terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pensacola, FloridaMay 29, 2014
Lack of management and sanitation. Nothing was clean, organized, or kept up.
Fantastic and Fun Job with exceptional company
Manager (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVMay 26, 2014
I enjoyed everyday with a great staff I hired to work with me for the Christmas season.
We got to start each day with an exciting display of wonderful products for the shopper to enjoy purchasing with a wonderful gift packaging for the holiday experience.
We got the wonderful opportunity to share with everyone our smiles and knowledge of what the Hickory – more... Farms Holiday Market stands for .
The hardest part of this job was saying goodbye to my co-workers and staff from the Headway Corporation for the year. We learned alot from each other and also how to convey our wonderful cheese, sausage and gifts to all our customers and also worked really hard for donations to the NO KID HUNGRY foundation which we took first place in our district for. Great JOB!! – less
fun place
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Christiansburg, VAMay 21, 2014
You get to taste test the products as you are selling them. While working iduring the busiest time of year, you also get to do a little christmas shopping of your own.
fun work place
Store Manager (Former Employee), Adrian, MIMay 7, 2014
Pros: full time
Cons: seasonal
scheduling, hiring, stocking, customer service

love working with public, training new employees and seeing the success of a location due to hard work and ability to go above and beyond for ever customer.
great company to work for
Store Team Leader (Manager) (Former Employee), Clackamas, ORMay 4, 2014
Pros: great bonus incentives
Cons: no health coverage and only seasonal
Great place to work. Positive, Fast paced, and Exciting. The only drawback is no healthcare or retirement packages.
great company to work for
Store Team Leader (Manager) (Former Employee), Clackamas, ORMay 4, 2014
Pros: great bonus incentives
Cons: no health coverage and only seasonal
Great company to work for. They care about their employees
Store Manager (Former Employee), Salem Oregon 97305April 23, 2014
Pros: alot of perks from other businesses
Cons: no health benefits
Customer service being very important. Great Team members.
There was no hard part to the job.
Fast paced. Salem center is a great mall t work in.
loved this job
Team Member (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCApril 14, 2014
Pros: great money
Cons: you are the only person in the store most of the time
This was a seasonal job , but plenty of room for advancement . I always knew what I was doing and what time I would get off .
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 3, 2014
Great place to learn about customer service. Enjoyed management and loved meeting new people.
Great product, not great management
Sales Team Leader (Former Employee), Concord, CAApril 2, 2014
Pros: fun product, fun atmosphere
Cons: micromanaged, pay not great.
Day to day, things were great--it was a fun job. That is, until management stepped in. I felt micromanaged at times, even though our sales team did amazing. I did hire some great people, and we had fun most of the time. But when there were upper management people around, it wasn't so fun anymore
Enjoyed very much working for Hickory
District Manager (Former Employee), Plattsburgh, NYMarch 27, 2014
Pros: very stress free enviroment., upper management very interactive with all staff.
Cons: changing prices last minute, would make customers upset
Hired and train staff daily
I learned about food retail it has lots of guidelines
By the middle of season had great staff in all my kiosks
Great Upper management ,
interacting with my staff and having fun at work,
SUCKED
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lone Tree, COMarch 14, 2014
Pros: i was my own boss
Cons: baby sat the manager
I was assistant manager and i loved it but my manager was also th regional managers niece, so if she did anything wrong it was always someone elses fault. Not to mention that i was living with both manager and regional manager and had to deal with the stress from home and at work because neither of them knew how to keep personal and buisness life seperate.

1 2 3 4 5