The Vice President of Information Technology (IT) reports directly to the SVP Operations and Information Systems and is responsible for leading the IT team to ensure effective computer resources are provided to all users.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the Information Technology staff to ensure stability and smooth operation.
- Analyze technology and industry trends to determine organizational objectives, and then develop strategic plans to meet goals.
- Manage large scale projects related to software installs or upgrades.
Essential Job Duties:
- Works within general methods and procedures and exercises considerable independent judgment to select proper courses of action to resolve problems.
- Working knowledge of policies, methods, and procedures of information technology, and personnel policies, and procedures.
- Selects and assigns staff, ensuring equal employment opportunity in hiring and promotion.
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees.
- Evaluates and verifies employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques.
- Directs the activities of new information technology systems and enhancement to existing automated systems.
- Manages and oversees large, long range, or multiple complex projects.
- Evaluates, reviews, and approves requests for information systems hardware, software, or services.
- Directs the implementation and maintenance of computer software.
- Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
- Direct daily operations of department, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines.
- Evaluate the organization's technology use and needs and recommend improvements, such as hardware and software upgrades.
- Review project plans in order to plan and coordinate project activity.
- Purchase necessary equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Self motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Confidentiality, Dependability, and Accountability.
- Change management with attention to detail.
- Adaptability/ Flexibility.
- Decisiveness/Judgment in regards to strategic business decisions.
- Excellent organization, planning and project management capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Strong problem solving skills - ability to critically analyze issues and develop creative solutions.
- Strong computer skills and general technical aptitude.
- Knowledge of supervisory and training techniques.
- Knowledge of employee policy and procedures.
- Knowledge of equal employment practices.
- Knowledge of system implementation methods used for the development of new systems and enhancements to existing information systems.
- Knowledge of data processing and data communications concepts and services.
Training and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in information technology preferred or an associate degree with 10 plus years of hands on experience is required to perform the responsibilities of this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K, health, life and dental insurance.
HPB requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
Hickory Point Bank is an EOE M/F/D/V