Hickory Point Christian Village Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Horrid Management and Treatment of staff
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forsyth, IL 62535December 31, 2017
This place is a disgrace and a plague on the name of every nurse, cna, or anyone who has ever worked there. They have no regards for human life, only thinking about how to line their own pockets. HORRIBLE!
N/a
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Forsyth, ILSeptember 15, 2017
The company is a great place to work. The staff is very friendly. Hours are good. Staff is very helpful. Pay is a competing wage. Every other weekend off.
I love my job, the community, and coworkers.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Forsyth, ILJuly 9, 2017
Hickory Point Christian Village does their best to work with you. The manager's are unbelievably caring and easy-going. The workers they bring in are always the best and most caring.
Pros
Pto, paid breaks
Cons
Short breaks
Employee
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 29, 2016
Only thing that's good about this job is our guests and I'm comfortable otherwise I wouldn't recommend and animal to come work there that's how terrible this place is they don't give you a decent raise they show favorites with coworkers always short staff because they can't keep no workers and the ones they got they don't appreciate them Hickory point you need to show your workers you appreciate maybe your turn over wouldn't be so bad.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
administration lacks understanding of what real hard work is
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forsyth, ILJuly 5, 2016
Administration focuses on money and admissions rather than employee satisfaction. Many ideas and promises that are never fulfilled. Staff is underappreciated. Lacks benefits. There is teamwork with employees but only see most management when corporate and public health are in building. Beautiful building but poor administration.
Pros
learning experience for new to health care employees
Cons
administration
Hickory point christian village
RN (Former Employee) –  Forsyth, ILOctober 19, 2015
A very busy work environment. Enjoyed working with geriatric patients. Have been introduced to many more medications . The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the patients get better with rehab and be able to go home and take care of themselves.At times were short nurses made it hard to give quality care to patients.
Pros
Computer knowledge, working with geriatric patients.
Cons
Not enough nurses.
A typical day at work.
Social Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Forsyth, ILMarch 8, 2015
I am responsible for admissions, so I mostly complete contracts upon admission, I do assessments and one on one with guest. I help out with activities from time and time. I also help transport guest to and from doctor appointments. I am also responsible for completing discharges and setting up transportation for our guest. I mostly enjoy the one on one contact with the guest and helping them in anyway I can. I love my job and the work environment is amazing.
Pros
working with the guest and helping others
Cons
no benefits.
5 star rating, HPCV is an excellent place to work. Maintaining and using nursing skills is critical and used daily. Fast pace work environment.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Forsyth, ILFebruary 20, 2015
Nursing skills are a must at HPCV. Learning, maintaining and teaching clinical decisions for patient care. This facility is very tedious with detail and extremely fast pace. Assessment is key to the patients care and maintaining the right treatment and medication regime. Admissions and discharges several times a week.
Pros
PTO days/insurance available. Helpful co-workers, job security. Good pay.
Cons
No pension/401K available, no room for growth to a managment position from the floor nurse position.
Overall, and ok place
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forsyth, ILJanuary 13, 2015
I worked for this company for almost a year. A typical day at work was ok. I would come to work, receive report from previous shift, and fill out a shift sheet, which was a sheet that told you what rooms you had, and it also had a place to write your vital signs, and a place to write any notes from report, or during your shift. You would then go and get vital signs for your group of people along with breakfast orders and dinner orders. After you had gotten your vital signs, you would show them to the nurse who would either ok them or ask you to redo them, then chart them in the computer. I learned that not everyone wants a job, but they want a paycheck. I also learned that not every where you go there is team work. Management was not so hot, and was poorly ran. Co workers overall where good. Most would help if you asked for help. The hardest part of the job was not having the correct amount of supplies or working supplies. The vital machines where always broken, the lifts were usually always dead, and there weren't many supplies to take care of your people. But the most enjoyable part of my job was coming to work to help different type of people.
Pros
Meeting different type of people, taking care of different type of people, friendships, and relationships with family members and their loved ones.
Cons
Short breaks, Pay, low supplies, Coworkers, Managment.
Enjoyable to interact with patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 18, 2014
• Assisted residents with activities of daily living
• Assisted nurse with obtaining lab specimens
• Took and charted vitals
• Maintained proper documentation regarding patient information
• Collected patient data and registered them in internal database