HICKORY TRAIL HOSPITAL

HICKORY TRAIL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Mental Health Technician II (Former Employee), DeSoto, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: no
Cons: yss
A day we have like three patient all acting up at the same time but later we have to calm the down, most of my co worker are team player. when a patient is have a bad day and most enjoyable part of it is when all patient are calm.
I loved working here.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee), DeSoto, TXOctober 22, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with
Cons: pay
I would get to work and assess all my pts, Count narcotics. get report. We did admit paper work and every night we did chart audits on all pts. finger sticks administer meds .
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), DeSoto, TXMay 12, 2014
LOVE WORKING WITH PATIENTS AND STAFF AT THIS HOSPITAL
ENJOY THE INTERACTION
GOOD START OFF JOB
Youth Service Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), DeSoto, TXApril 21, 2014
MONITOR PATIENTS, DOCUMENT BEHAVIOR, STAY ON THE SAME ACCORD AS THE NURSES AND THERAPISTS
Continuously building a SHARED TEAM VISION to nuture, educate and mentor our patients
Director of Nursing (Current Employee), Desoto, TXFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: teamplayers, incentives, feeling valued
Cons: limited psych experience
I enjoy working at HTH because I have seen & assisted with improving staff & patient satisfaction by building strong alliances amongst the departments. The administrative team has implemented positive changes with the staff's input because our staff knows we are sensitive to their staffing needs, support employee well-being & invest enough in staff education or clinical advancement.
My goal as the Nursing Director is to continue creating a positive working environment to empower the nursing staff because it's a vital nurse leadership function that significantly influences staff morale, productivity, staff retention, quality of patient care and patient safety.
Committed to helping others
Director of Clinical Services (Current Employee), DeSoto, TXFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: fellow employes, the family like attitude, and the opportunity to help others
Cons: seeing individuals in need
My employment at Hickory Trail Hopital started a little over a year ago. The one thing that impacted me the most was the attitude each employee had to help the patient.
The managment listens to the ideas of the staff and strive to implement those ideas to best serve its patients. Hickory Trail has added tools and training to help its employees help the patients we serve. The staff continues to strive for excellance in their ability to help others. In every aspect from techs, nurses, therapist and business office they continue to impvove in their service to the patient.

I have personally been blessed by the oppourtinities to assist others experiencing mental health issues.
Every employee adds to the mission of helping others in need.

I enjoy seeing a person improve and begin their healthy trail to a more fuilfilling life. To know that I had a part in their improvement.
Hickory Trail
Lead Utilization Review Coordinator (Current Employee), DeSoto, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: fast moving, teamwork, empathetic staff, managment listens
I have worked at Hickory Trail for several years. Although there has been many speed bumps along the way, change in management, etc. Yet, overall this is a very good place to work. With the new management team and new staff, Hickory Trail has great improved. with job satisfaction, patient satisfaction, and safety.

It is a wonderful place to work because it is a team atmosphere, management listens and staff are given the vehicles to express concerns as well as voice their opinoins. Additionally, staff are rewarded for service excellence.

The staff in this building are genuinely concerned about the patient and do everything they can to ensure a their experience at Hickory Trail is beneficial and healthy.
Committed staff and management who genuinely care for their clientele and employees
Director of Intake (Current Employee), DeSoto, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: supportive work environment
Cons: bit of a drive
Working at Hickory Trail Hospital has been a wonderful experience in that both staff and leadership work hard for the best interest of their patients and are dedicated to ensuring the workplace is enjoyable and promotes professional growth and development. There is a very supportive work environment as well as a culture that fosters advancement. Teamwork is demonstrated throughtout the facility and there is a genuine concern for the satisfaction of both patients and employees alike. Best job I've had to date!
Productive and supportive work environment with great staff, benefits, and feeling valued.
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee), Desoto, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: excellent support system from staff members.
Cons: always working towards a successful closure for patients and ways to keep morale up.
Always busy, never a dull moment, great staff that are willing to go the extra mile to help each other and our patients succeed.
Therapist
Therapist (Current Employee), DeSoto, TXJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: gotta really work on a healthy balance work/life
I have seen a lot of improvements since I have started working at HTH. They are working on making it a better place to work. The pay is not the best, but I've seen worse elsewhere.
A place that helps both patients and employees.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Desoto, TXJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities, education reimbursment
Hickory Trail Hospital is a place whose primary goal is to help people. There has to be that attitude of care when helping patients in order to make a difference in their lives. I have had multiple jobs here over my several years of employment. I have always felt encouraged to use the more specialized skills I have and to advance and grow.

Places of employment are only as good as the people who work there and lead. I have been employed here long enough to witness excellent department directors and leadership and not so great directors and leadership I have worked under to of my favorite bosses – more... at the hospital. Both were great at finding an employee's talents and nurturing them to better both the employee and the level of care the hospital provides.

There was a period where leadership was lacking, but the current directors place have been working hard to build a better, more open culture for employees. There are mulitple places for employees to take any issues and there is a lot of encouragement to bring new ideas to the leadership staff. There is a more focused emphasis on safety and explaining why procedures that are in place create a safer environment for patients and employees. In the last two years there has been more accountability on direct care staff as well as management that has encouraged everyone to work together to provide higher quality care to the patients we serve. – less
Safe and Supportive Place to get help
CEO (Current Employee), DeSoto, TXJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: helping people to get their lives back
Cons: having a great product means our customers never come back
Working at Hickory Trail is very rewarding. You get a chance to work with people that need help and that is a great legacy.

Everyday we learn from our achievements and our failures.

Management is very committed to trying to create a safer, more efficient environment to where patients get the tools they need to face whatever it is that brings them through our front doors.

We work to refine our programs and products so that it meets the various needs of the patients that come through our front doors.

It is difficult to provide services to inviduals that dont acknowledge needing help but for those that do want to get help and are committed to getting better there is no better reward.
Culture of blame, retaliation, and scapegoating
Nurse (Former Employee), DesotoJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: easy to be a low performer and stay employed, always hiring and will take almost anyone
Cons: impossible workload and penalties for anything that affects their bottom line, only paid for holidays if you work that day, otherwise you have to cash in ptos
I worked there as a nurse for several years and I saw multiple DONs, CEOs, and other administrators come and go. The facility is very money driven and *allegedly*falsely lowers employee evaluations to avoid paying higher compensation in raises and has *allegedly* done so for years. They also *allegedly* avoid doing any interim evaluations (30 day, 60 day, 90 day,etc) so you are then surprised and unable to address their often *allegedly* manufactured dissatisfaction with your performance. The only times staff are offered more money is when they threaten to quit because they are always so short – more... staffed from running off their employees. If you take a job here negotiate aggressively on pay because you wont get any notable raises. When I worked there they were *allegedly* taking lunches out of your paycheck whether you actually took them or not. I am told that they eventually started writing people up for not taking lunches and not leaving exactly on time (this was after I no longer worked there so I cannot verify this first hand). This is regardless of how heavy your patient load is or how much happens that day. I have also heard current employees say that they get retaliation if they take off days for being sick or to care for their children or families.
This is *allegedly* especially true if you are one of their few reliable employees. If so then you are given extra responsibilities without any extra pay or appreciation.

I didn't think the administrators were supportive when I was there and it sounds like not much has changed.
It's very sad because it is a small enough hospital that they could have a closely knit community of workers if they didn't run them into the ground or run them off... Very sad. – less
not the best
Intake and Assessment Clinician (Former Employee), DeSoto, TXJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: aways hiring
Cons: low staffed
Safety concerns during late night and weekend hours due to limited staff.

Low pay for risky work
Poor leadership and patient care
Director of PI/Risk Management (Current Employee), DeSoto, TXAugust 19, 2012
Pros: no weekend work, most of the time
Cons: poor leadership, backstabbing and fingerpointing employees, one big rumor mill
A typical day at work is spent trying to get other leaders to hold their employees accountable for making the hospital a safe and pleasant place to work . The attitude among staff and most of the senior leaders is one of lazy, let someone else do it, let's find a scapegoat demeanor. Some of my co-workers are pleasant to work with and have a high work ethic but most are lazy and just do not care.
HICKORY TRAIL HOSPITAL IS TO PROVIDE HUMAN SERVICE TO THOSE WHO NEED THEM.
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), DeSoto, TXJuly 25, 2012
Pros: not working on the weekend.
Cons: no lunch breaks sometimes
IT IS A CHEMICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH FACILITY THAT PROVIDE OUTPATIENT PROGRAMS.