HID Global Employee Reviews

eBusiness Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin TexasJune 4, 2017
I started at HID Global in June 2015 and have enjoyed both the people and the position. I have been able to travel so I am able to meet my colleagues who are on my core teams. HID Global hosts several employee gatherings during the year.
Great Place to Learn a lot about Mobile and Security testing
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MA, USAApril 7, 2017
A typical day at work involved Writing test cases, Peer review of test cases written by others in the team and setting up the test environment.
This Job gave me an opportunity to learn about security and integration of security with mobile.
Management was very learned and very process oriented and gave me a great Platform to get more refined with my testing knowledge.
The hardest part of the Job involved a lot of travel from my home to the workplace with caused an imbalance with my family life.
The most enjoyable part of the Job involved a lot about mobile, security testing, analyzing the crash codes, working with access cards. The whole testing experience was amazing.
Pros
Great Process oriented approach towards testing
Cons
involved a lot of travel
nil
Senior Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 21, 2017
This company is awesome and i recommend to my known colleagues, i got nothing more to say, if you wish to collect more details i would like to do this over the phone
good
Accounts Payable Lead (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 2, 2017
A position working within the accounting or related fields which offers a high level of challenge, responsibility, and the opportunity for continued career growth.
State of the art facilities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Call center type work environment. Fast paced job rhythm that requires attention to detail and accurate results. Learn as you go and expectation is to produce results as soon as possible.
Benefits
Cons
On the job training
Good place to work.
Shipping /Receiving Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 27, 2016
I worked at lot of hours when allowed.
Not many opportunity for advancement.
Provide training to provide job function.
Learn the logistics of the job.
Pros
Flexibilty for class schedule.
Cons
Opportinuty for advancement.
Great Company but...
Quality Assurance Credentials Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 3, 2016
HID Global is an ever growing organization. It is a company of acquisitions and continuously looks to expand their portfolio. With that, they become clouded and starting to become more top heavy which in my experience, is not a good thing. Although they are leading in several emerging markets they certainly have their share of flaws. The work environment is actually pretty good. Even with all the restructuring the stress level is relatively mild. Just as any company, you have certain people that can elevate that at any moment but the workload, for me, is manageable. Management at HID seems to be engaged with ideas of Process Improvements, whether it be from an operator or an engineer, if you have an idea to make things better...they will listen. In most cases, if you are not what management considers to be a "credible" source then chances are, those ideas are just heard and not acted out. People like to take credit for improvement ideas around here so documentation is key. HR department is probably one of the worst I have seen at any company. Open door policy is only two hours a week, specific time slots on specific days. They do not promote internal requisitions to all employees therefore opportunities for growth is limited. Benefits are decent and the pay is mediocre depending on job title. Production personnel is expected to work as necessary and in most cases, overtime is essential to meet fluctuating business demands.
Pros
Benefits, People, Stress Free, Overall Atmosphere
Cons
Low opportunity for growth, Not much incentive to go above and beyond daily duties
Productive work environmeny with great coffee machines.
Quality Inspector II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 23, 2016
Good work environment with friendly co-workers. The building is clean and environmentally friendly. HID has a good and knowledgeable management team.
Pros
Company opportunity for growth in this sector.
Cons
Opportunity for advancement.
Needs Management
Desktop/server admin (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 23, 2016
No Management, this company has failed at upper IT management. There is no office culture at all.It is an amazing company creating innovative products.
Its almost in Round Rock
Senior Telecommunications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 7, 2016
Onboarding happens very quickly, when I was around they Austin office had just opened and it was hectic to say the least.
Management changes all the time.
Release Change Management (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 17, 2016
When the company was bought out things changed. Management was changing all the time. As people were losing their jobs it was getting cut throat. All most all of my co-workers were easy to get along with.
Pros
Company events, coming in early
Cons
untrusting mamagement
productive and fun place
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Weston, MAApril 22, 2016
it is very good and fun working with HID Global and it is very good place to work and it is plasure working with it and has nice to work with it
ok company
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTApril 12, 2016
Decent company to work for. Reasonable pay , medical and 401k. don't know what else to say really was a job that's all that really matters
Pros
small raises
Cons
advancement opp
great place to work
Facilities Manager, Security & Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTSeptember 14, 2015
great place to work and develop new skills. Enjoyed opportunities to advance skills and by working with talented people.
CONSULTING SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 26, 2015
Good place to work.
Co-workers are nice and friendly.
Decent amount of red tape and politics.
I learned a lot from this job.
great
Lead facilities person (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTJuly 15, 2015
This company had a great lead culture. My work day was always the same. All the co-workers was like family we all got along well. The hardest part was leaving at the end of the day. The respect among each other.
HID was a great company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 23, 2015
Everyone worked well together and accomplished a lot. Work days were generally easygoing as a customer service representative, all of our customers understood how we operated and that made things move smoothly.
There was not a lot of room for advancement since may of the employees have been there for ten plus years.
Pros
Very friendly atmosphere and great health benifits
Cons
As an entry level person, job advancement.
The company is a great competitor and will continue to succeed.
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 21, 2015
This company is ambitious and provides an effective framework for its employees to achieve common goals. The managers are well trained to handle complex logistical problems and the company meets its production goals. I enjoyed working for them.
Pros
Friendly environment and the work was not physically strenuous
Cons
Production line balance between its work areas was problematic
Great people to work with
Machine Operator Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 17, 2015
The company is a good company when it comes to benefits. However, there are not all on the same page when it comes to hiring process. I would recommend this company but they need better processes put in place. We are getting a lot overtime which is great but their is no family time since we work most weekends.
Needs work reaching their goals.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 1, 2015
The company is a combination of several others that they bought and then brought over to Austin. The only problem is that they only brought a fraction of their workforce. The atmosphere at the job is wonderful but it might take some time to get all the gears running smoothly.