High Liner Foods

High Liner Foods Employee Reviews

Growing Company
Sr. Cost Accountant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMay 28, 2015
Great company that is growing rapidly. Many chances to advance your career. It is a very demanding job, but the reward potential is great.
Worst job I've ever had in my life
Maintenance Mechanic Trainee (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAFebruary 15, 2015
This place is pathetic. Its disorganized, unsafe, unkept, broken down with everything held together by duct tape. Its incredibly loud and filthy. Most of the people's idea of a greeting is a staredown and a dirty look. There are a few good friendly people but they are few and far between. The attitudes of these people are incredibly bad and I've seen a lot. Morale is horrible. The dirtbag that was supposed to train me was a total loser with the personality of a pile of dog dung and refused to train me, he would just do something quick and then walk off with his arrogrant lowlife attitude. Other mechanics were the same way, can't be bothered to help you learn anything but expect you to learn. How? Something breaks down every few minutes so the minute you start working on some preventative maintenance of some offline piece of equipment, something else on the production floor breaks and you're back out there with your roll of duct tape. This place should be out of business but its one of those that will fly by the seat of its pants and just get by for years. This hole makes working on a chain gang seem like fun.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Optimum Care Network
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAFebruary 12, 2015
Optimum Care Network was a great company to work for. I started as a temp and then I was hired permanently. The culture was great and the people I worked with and for were very helpful. I was then promoted and was relocated to Connecticut where I was in charge of opening two recruitment offices in the state. I really like my job there but the company ended up going into bankruptcy.
A high volume production facility with many objectivies & challenges
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHSeptember 18, 2014
Compensation was commensurate with professional settings and reviewed frequently.
Workday could start a 4:00 AM and could go to 11:00 PM. High stress, but with good job satisfaction. Time-off when season was low.
Management was demanding but fair.
Co-workers were responsible, and generally fair people, given the work pressures.
Design of new systems/processes.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
long workdays during production times
very energetic environment place to work
Frozen Food Clerk (Current Employee) –  Malden, MAApril 8, 2014
we have our schedule placed the day before of what our duty is for the following day .. we know what to expect so I come prepared .. some assignments are more easier and relaxing than others .. the job could be excited as others could be stressful .. but you always have co-workers by your side with a helping hand .. we are all there to help one another and that's what I love about my job .. the hardest part of the job is when the company goes slow and you have been asked not to come in the next day .. I'm the person that likes to get my 40hrs or more .. but I have to be understandable with the manager since it's not his choice ..
Great office experience and great management
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  New HampshireOctober 22, 2013
I really enjoyed my time with High Liner Foods.It was a great work atmosphere. I worked with amazing people.
Hands on job
Packaging Lead (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 15, 2013
Typical day at Highliner would be come in get the Spec. see what product we are running and how many batches. Go to my station get all my equipment out and ready that i may need and prefill paper while waiting on dayshift to finish or discuss product with my operators and workers so if anything comes up we got it covered. Learned how to anticipate problems so we can keep production moving at all times how to communicate with people who doesnt speak or understand english. Co'workers were very friendly and respectful as long as you give them the same amount of respect you want in return. There wasnt anything about my job that was hard more enjoyable than anything.
Pros
pay rate, holidays off and weekends
Cons
1 break for 30 minutes
A place that you can lean different material
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Newport News Va. 23606July 17, 2013
I off load truck and load truck I operate stand up forklift , P.E pallet jack , order picker and scissor lift. the hardest of work is the cold.
I was with this company 40+ years. There have been many mgt. changes and challenges.
Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHNovember 24, 2012
I started on the Production Line and advanced to several different department through my years at High Liner (Formerly Booth Fisheries). Although the jobs were fast paced and hectic at times, my co-workers were always wonderful to work with. I got along with any department I had to work with. Most of my immediate bosses were great to work with and for.