High Point Regional Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and simple workplace, amazing staff
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 4, 2016
My experience at high point regional has been a great one. As is it closing to an end, I've learned many things, like how push a wheelchair with a patient. The most enjoyable part of the job is all of the staff giving a warm welcome when you walk in. The reps of each department and the management is well controllable, and very respected.
Pros
Free lunches
Great socializing with co workers and fun lunches
Techician, Specimen (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 1, 2016
Allows me to communicate effectively with the whole hospital. I receive in lab specimens and take them to their designated areas, communicate with doctors/nurses/ER about lab reports and lab work. I learned that it is important to make sure patient needs are meet and done promptly. Also, it is important to know and understand lab basics which I learn new stuff everyday. The hardest part is making sure their are no mistakes in the lab. The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure the task gets done the right way.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Good
Neurology Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 7, 2016
Again, when High Point Regional began its move to be a part of a bigger corporation, the family feel began to unravel.

Prior to that movement towards a corporation, the feeling was family between the staff, very happy and relaxed.
Can be a great place!
Staff RN/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 1, 2016
Went to work there in 1997 as a CNA, then an RN. Saw a lot of changes through the years. Actually thought I would retire there but changes in administration changed that. I have been gone for several years, have friends that still work there and the culture and administration seems to be improving since UNC camee into the picture.
Where I began my healthcare career.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 23, 2015
At High Point Regional I was a Nursing Assistant on the Medical Telemetry Unit. I enjoyed this job very much because I got to help people and try to make their day just a Little bit brighter even though they are sick. As a Nursing Assistant I take vitals, check blood sugars, assist patients to the Bathroom, I assist them with their daily baths, I would also assist them with feeding. During the time that I have worked at High Point Regional I have learned so much. And it truly was a joy working at High Point Regional Hospital.
Pros
making a differance
Cons
seeing patients pass, and being understaffed
Long hours of standing
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 12, 2015
There was little input into where you would work and were often pulled to other floors to work. There was good collegue support. I had many very ill patirnts which put my own helath at risk and it was an extremely physical job.
Pros
Collegue support
Cons
Physically demanding
Great place to work!
Certified Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 1, 2015
This is a great place to work with a good balance of rules and regulations to allow freedom in your career. Co-workers work well together and each discipline helps each other to ensure patients are well cared for and everyone is on the same page.
Productive and busy fast pace work day
Dietetic Assistant/Patient Care Sitter (Current Employee) –  High Point NCOctober 8, 2015
Very busy field of work. Must be a people person with positive attitude. Great environment to work in and lots of team work is involved. My past year has been a good learning experience in the healthcare field.
Pros
Free meal daily, areas of growth available
Cons
scheduling and pay
Good place to work and grow professionally. Supervisors make it a point to mention how valuable you are to the team effort.
Certified Nurse Assistant II (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 5, 2015
working in the ER is a challenge, in that, each hour of each day is unpredictable. As a result your skill level has to be maintained. ER co-workers understand the culture and work together so as to provide the best possible care in a very timely manner. That ,in and of itself, makes it an enjoyable place to work anf learn.
Pros
Free parking and plenty of food available gratis
Cons
Working overnights every weekend
Fast pace, every day is different, must be able to handle the public
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCSeptember 24, 2015
Working with multiple surgeons, patients, and general public was fast paced everyday. I learned organization, multi-tasking my duties, taking on other job responsibilities from other departments and working as a team with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was working alone when it requires at least two people everyday. My most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the patients, interacting with them and their families and making them feel comfortable the minute they came into our facility.
Pros
I accumulated paid time off every pay period
Cons
Communication issues
Stressful, lack of team work
C.N.A. & Unit Secretary Emergency Dept (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 11, 2015
Lower paying facility, below comparable facilities for job market. Environment does not promote true team work unless you are included in the protected few. Lack of authenticity in work environment. Patient care does not often seem to be a priority. Quality of work is usually not recognized.
Cons
combative environment with patients and staff
Depending on the unit, it can be hostile work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 4, 2015
This was actually my first nursing job out of nursing school. They have a great RN new grad program, but the older nurses aren't that friendly.
Pros
great learning experience, flexible hours, RN new grad program
Cons
New grad contracts, rude coworkers, low pay
MRI Dept. Terrible On Students
Student-Tech (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 8, 2015
I went through this dept. during clinical rotation. I'm already an employed and experienced worker in another imaging discipline, I was just getting secondary certification in MRI.

The techs were absolutely horrible and completely unprofessional towards me. Forsyth tech had actually put High Point Regional on a hiatus as far as sending students there because of how they treated some of them.

I was sent there because I was already a working technologist and the college thought I'd garner some respect for that. The exact opposite happened, to the point the school actually gave me permission to skip clinical days and placed me in another facility.

There's NO amount of money worth working with the MRI staff there.
Pros
NONE
Cons
poor management, even worse staff attitude in MRI dept.
Exciting and Challenging
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 7, 2015
Great opportunities to learn more and new things everyday. No typical everyday run of the mill events here. Always learning always striving to do more. Great place to learn new things.
Pros
Standard work hours
Cons
Too restrictive on allowing for time off even though you have time to take
Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCMarch 26, 2015
Management varies on different units. Nursing supervisors are awesome and helpful with the entire house staff. Coworkers are team orientated and work together great.
it's work
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 11, 2015
pay not as high as other companies unless you're a Director or higher. seems like 'attending meetings' for some reason - must make a lot of money.........
Cons
not enough $$
Enjoyable workplace feels like family.
RN (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 6, 2015
I have been at High Point Regional for 12 years I hve learned time managment ,delegation,and many skills. I have always respected my managers and tried to do my very best. the hardest partof the job for me is night shift.I really enjoy my coworkers we are like family.
HPRHS-Soda Shop
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCDecember 22, 2014
A typical day at the Soda Shop would include mainly running the cash register and taking orders. I also would prep for the next day, ie: make salads, cup side dishes, stock shelves/coolers. My two main coworkers were two older woman. I loved this two woman like family. We worked so well together and they reminded me of my late grandmother. The hardest part of my job was cooking. You got hot fast and there was no cooling down until all orders were out and even then there was always something you had to get ready for the next day. You were constantly on the go. The most enjoyable part of my job then was the comradery I had with my customers and co-workers.
Pros
free meals
Cons
short breaks, benefits
Fullfilling & Rewarding place to work,experience to help many people
Patient Family Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 18, 2014
I love meeting the public,resolving problems with incoming patients,
and their families.
Many times I had to deal with families who had a "loss". I seemed
to have a gift for that.
I love people in general,you never know what they may be going through or facing.
Pros
positive interaction with many people & co-workers
Cons
stressful..working many hours with no break, due to emergencies
Good Place to work
Buyer (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 26, 2014
Wonderful people, good environment. Community hospital.
Pros
great sr. mgmt
Cons
insurance

High Point Regional Reviews by Location