High Point Regional Employee Reviews

Depending on the unit, it can be hostile work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), High Point, NCAugust 4, 2015
Pros: great learning experience, flexible hours, RN new grad program
Cons: New grad contracts, rude coworkers, low pay
This was actually my first nursing job out of nursing school. They have a great RN new grad program, but the older nurses aren't that friendly.
MRI Dept. Terrible On Students
Student-Tech (Former Employee), High Point, NCJune 8, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: poor management, even worse staff attitude in MRI dept.
I went through this dept. during clinical rotation. I'm already an employed and experienced worker in another imaging discipline, I was just getting secondary certification in MRI.

The techs were absolutely – more... horrible and completely unprofessional towards me. Forsyth tech had actually put High Point Regional on a hiatus as far as sending students there because of how they treated some of them.

I was sent there because I was already a working technologist and the college thought I'd garner some respect for that. The exact opposite happened, to the point the school actually gave me permission to skip clinical days and placed me in another facility.

There's NO amount of money worth working with the MRI staff there. – less
Exciting and Challenging
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST (Former Employee), High Point, NCApril 7, 2015
Pros: Standard work hours
Cons: Too restrictive on allowing for time off even though you have time to take
Great opportunities to learn more and new things everyday. No typical everyday run of the mill events here. Always learning always striving to do more. Great place to learn new things.
Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), High Point, NCMarch 26, 2015
Management varies on different units. Nursing supervisors are awesome and helpful with the entire house staff. Coworkers are team orientated and work together great.
it's work
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), High Point, NCJanuary 11, 2015
Cons: not enough $$
pay not as high as other companies unless you're a Director or higher. seems like 'attending meetings' for some reason - must make a lot of money.........
Enjoyable workplace feels like family.
RN (Current Employee), High Point, NCJanuary 6, 2015
I have been at High Point Regional for 12 years I hve learned time managment ,delegation,and many skills. I have always respected my managers and tried to do my very best. the hardest partof the job for me is night shift.I really enjoy my coworkers we are like family.
HPRHS-Soda Shop
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), High Point, NCDecember 22, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: short breaks, benefits
A typical day at the Soda Shop would include mainly running the cash register and taking orders. I also would prep for the next day, ie: make salads, cup side dishes, stock shelves/coolers. My two main – more... coworkers were two older woman. I loved this two woman like family. We worked so well together and they reminded me of my late grandmother. The hardest part of my job was cooking. You got hot fast and there was no cooling down until all orders were out and even then there was always something you had to get ready for the next day. You were constantly on the go. The most enjoyable part of my job then was the comradery I had with my customers and co-workers. – less
Fullfilling & Rewarding place to work,experience to help many people
Patient Family Co-ordinator (Former Employee), High Point, NCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: positive interaction with many people & co-workers
Cons: stressful..working many hours with no break, due to emergencies
I love meeting the public,resolving problems with incoming patients,
and their families.
Many times I had to deal with families who had a "loss". I seemed
to have a gift for that.
I love people in general,you never know what they may be going through or facing.
Good Place to work
Buyer (Current Employee), High Point, NCAugust 26, 2014
Pros: great sr. mgmt
Cons: insurance
Wonderful people, good environment. Community hospital.
Patient and Patient Family Friendly
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), High Point, NCAugust 11, 2014
Pros: cafeteria on site
Cons: short breaks, sometimes short staffed
Excellent hospital! They take pride in knowing that their patients' and the patients' families are treated good and all of their concerns are taken into account to make the stay more comfortable.

The – more... hardest part of the job is getting attached to patients' and then them passing away. It's like losing one of your own family members.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing smiles on people's faces because you took the time just to listen. – less
Job Overview
Director Patient Access (Former Employee), High Point, NCJuly 27, 2014
Managed the day-to-day tactical and long-term strategic activities within the business of 60 registrars in
Admitting, Emergency Department and Financial Assistance. Review job processes and develop strategies to
save time and increase quality and cash collections. Works with Patient Financial Services staff to identify and resolve issues that affect the revenue cycle.
Draw Blood
Customer Service Decor Rep (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 12, 2014
I work on CTU, CCI, CCU and SICU units drawing blood from those patients.
I love working with people knowing the fact that its part of caring for a patients and their families.
Have worked for hospital for many years.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), High Point, NCJune 26, 2014
Pros: the hours can be very flexible
Cons: bring layed off
Don't take your job for granted. Not real pleased with the management. Loved my co workers, good people. The hardest part of my job is leaving the people that I have gotten to know and developed a friendship with. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people.
Knowlegable place
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee), High Point, NCJune 16, 2014
coworkers worked together. Great place to learn about the hospital world
Very productive
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee), High Point, NCApril 30, 2014
I have work for this company for 10 years, and I never met such great people and the knowledge they brought to the table. I have nothing but good words to say for this organization.
Being able to help people.
CNA (Former Employee), High Point, NCApril 15, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: seeing people in pain
assisting Doctors and nurses, making sure that patients were comfortable, management were very nice people, enjoyed working with my co-workers. the hardest part was seeing people in pain. the most enjoyable part was helping people.
Productive and proactive
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), High Point, NCMarch 21, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, learning tons of information concerning testing and collections
Cons: health benefits
Learned tons of information by registering patients for testing, collections, and verifying their insurance and benefits. The management was satisfactory and the co-workers were pleasant. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating bonds with patients that needed assistance.
I loved working at High Point Regional!
ER phlebotomist (Former Employee), High Point, NCFebruary 27, 2014
I loved working for this hospital. The only reason I left this hospital was because it was a long commute. I loved working the fast pace of the ER and working with a variety of patients including trauma – more... patients. I am still friends with most of the people I worked with and still talk to them on a regular basis. This was the first hospital I worked at and the first time I had ever worked in an Emergency Room so I gained a world of knowledge, one of the most important things working here taught me was how to be empathetic and compassionate to very sick and injured patients. – less
Great place to work, wonderful environment and staff
CNA I (Former Employee), High Point, NCFebruary 12, 2014
Wonderful company to work for very caring and supportive. I had to leave due to complications of pregnancy.
Good Learning Opportunity
Certified Nursing Assistant I (Former Employee), High Point, NCDecember 22, 2013
Pros: learning new skills
Cons: long hours, under staffed, and too many patients to one person
Fast pace environment. I learned how to be organized, new clinical skills, and team work. Management was pretty good. I loved most of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was being understaffed and having too many patients to each person. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing patients get well.