High Point Regional Employee Reviews

Failure to Evolve
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 11, 2017
Why do some species die off? because they cant adapt...and that is the main issue with the High Point Hospital security.
Security is a dangerous line of work, Too bad the Hospital Admins dont understand or seem to care. Better train your officers (YES,you must spend money to do this) provide them with the tools to protect themselves and patients and staff, and it would be a decent place for health care workers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Poor Training.
Productive Place to work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 31, 2017
Great Place to work. Works well with staff members with children other jobs or for those who are in school. Flexibility is a plus great benefits and chances to expand opportunity and growth.
Loved every minute of it!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 30, 2017
I loved this place but wanted to experience other aspects of pharmacy life so I decided to leave. I have regretted it pretty much ever since. I actually looked forward to going to work everyday that I was employed there!
Pros
The experience and the knowledge I took away from my first pharmacy job
Cons
management could be a little "stand up" for their employees
Benefits
Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 23, 2017
Good benefits, team approach! Worked a 40 hour work week, and leaned more about the field while working - encouraged to keep a learning mentality. There were lunch and learns / free lunches from time to time.
Volunteer
Information Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 5, 2017
Benefits of been a Voluteer is awsome. Always meeting new people showing them around and helping love one over the phone with questions was my passion
Loved working in the OR!
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 30, 2017
I really enjoyed my experience working for High Point Regional Health System! I loved my co-workers, and it was pretty laid back considering the work we were doing. I learned a lot there, and I would work there again.
Decent place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 24, 2017
Mgmt is okay, my unit director is amazing, hospital is short staffed, CULTURALLY INSENSITIVE STAFF (which I have encountered on several occasions), low pay, will pull staff from their "home unit" to float but will not give float pay, high priced insurance
Pros
nursing supervisors willing to help, my unit director is excellent
Cons
low pay, no breaks, culturally insensitive staff
Culture is not as professional as I would like, however, the employees are very friendly.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 5, 2017
Most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of my patients and helping them progress in their healthcare process. The culture is friendly however, working short staffed is becoming more prevalent and makes job more difficult and stressful.
Review High Point Regional
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 1, 2017
I worked in the admitting department, registered and pre registered patients, updated patient demographics and verified insurance. I was very fortunate to work with a great group of people.. I enjoyed helping my coworkers and patients...
Great!
Registered Sleep Technologist (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMarch 28, 2017
Hospital environment, various area to work in. Several options for hours to work as well as departments to work in. Not to small and not overly huge like the major cities. Great cafeteria!
Productive workplace with flexible time off.
Neurodiagnostic Technologist (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 24, 2017
Great place to work! Great management with flexibility for vacations and family . I've learned OR monitoring, EEG and EMG with great teachers. The culture is very laid back and allows time off for family and vacations . The hardest part of the job is weekend call.
Productive and fast paced environment
Nurse Assistant (CNA) + 4 (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 25, 2017
Productive work environment. Great job for exposure to a variety of people that I may be able to help in a number of social ways.the system is organized and flexible. Love working for this company the job is fulfilling and helps you grow as a person .. the hardest part of the job is the job itself .. it is very fast paced which I like paced .. it helps the time go by quick.
Pros
Friendly staff and supervisors
Cons
Short breaks .. travel time
Laundry is horrible
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 21, 2017
Laundry Dept awful under staffed and Manger and her helper make promises they don't keep.Pay is insulting and no teamwork.
Pros
Cons
Under staffed and low pay
Very productive work place
Mammography Technologist (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 18, 2017
Loved the hours. Worked 7-4 in only mammography. Loved the atmosphere, customers, employees. Management always stood up for up as an employee. Everyone special lunches.
Pros
Great patient care
Cons
N/a
use to be a great place to work
Unit Secretary/Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 18, 2017
Answering multiple telephone lines, greet patients for scheduled procedures,data entry of patients chargers, testing babies for hearing screens, birth certificate, learning a new computer system. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff as a team and at the end of the day we all felt that we did a good job
Pros
everyone worked as a team
Cons
not getting lunch everyday
Great company to work for
Volunteer at Information desk (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 3, 2017
Great company to work for. great environment. Good health benefits, Friendly and helpful employees/management, Slow paced field training with other techs.
Great working environment; fast-pace at times, very rewarding job.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCDecember 31, 2016
Working in the Emergency room was a rewarding job, secretaries helped nurses, Cna's and Doctors. This job required accuracy in all areas especially when some patients required surgery or immediate attention due to their situation. Management and co-workers made the job seem as if you were with your family during your work hours. The hardest part of this job was multi-tasking. The enjoyable part of this job was working with the staff of doctors, police officers, and seeing the doctors make right decisions in a emergency situations.
Pros
Perks of having free drinking coffee, soda, and water.
Cons
Depending on the situations sometimes you did not take breaks.
Summary
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 22, 2016
Pre register patients, verified insurance updated patient demographics, worked with EPIC, check insurance benefits online,
Productive and simple workplace, amazing staff
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 4, 2016
My experience at high point regional has been a great one. As is it closing to an end, I've learned many things, like how push a wheelchair with a patient. The most enjoyable part of the job is all of the staff giving a warm welcome when you walk in. The reps of each department and the management is well controllable, and very respected.
Pros
Free lunches
Great socializing with co workers and fun lunches
Techician, Specimen (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 1, 2016
Allows me to communicate effectively with the whole hospital. I receive in lab specimens and take them to their designated areas, communicate with doctors/nurses/ER about lab reports and lab work. I learned that it is important to make sure patient needs are meet and done promptly. Also, it is important to know and understand lab basics which I learn new stuff everyday. The hardest part is making sure their are no mistakes in the lab. The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure the task gets done the right way.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at High Point Regional. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval