High Point Treatment Center Employee Reviews

The worst job ever
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 17, 2017
This place is unorganized and unsafe place to work. The management team doesn't care about its employees one bit. They are very rude and ignorant people. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Cons
You have no say or power in anything
circus
RECOVERY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMarch 6, 2017
High Point is joke, or a circus. entertainment and not taken seriously. there is no management in a facility with dual diagnosed patients and coworkers who were once clients
Pros
Cons
you dont get a break and you still get docked
Great Job
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJanuary 7, 2017
Loved it . Not much flexibly but I was okay with that . Great job would definitely look back into working group for this employer left because I had to move
Great place to start your career and gain experience
On Call Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  High Point Treatment CentersJanuary 5, 2017
A typical work day at High Point can vary, like any other huge company there are a few kinks they need to work out but overall decent place to work. Most of the staff are awesome.
Pros
Great place to gain experience
Cons
Pay
Excellent opportunity to learn and grow
Full Time Clinician -Full (Former Employee) –  Brockton and New Bedford, MAJanuary 5, 2017
Wonderful experience working with patients and staff. I learned how to be a clinician through work with staff, supervisors and directors. Support was excellent.
Pros
Accrued days off, Director was available when needed
Cons
Salary was low
Wonderful to work in Human Service capacity
Receptionist/Biller (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MADecember 21, 2016
As Receptionist you receive clients at the end stage of addiction entering treatment for detoxification. Kindness and compassion are required as most clients arrive intoxicated and can be a challenge. The staff is cooperative and assist whenever needed. Communication with staff members such as Nurses and Recovery Specialists is imperative regarding clients needs. Co-workers are amazing.
Receiving scheduled clients for treatment, fulfilling all paperwork and entering information into various databases for billing and treatment purposes.
If clients are in need providing them with food or beverages and assisting the staff to get them prepared for entry to the units.
Communication with both detox and soap programs. Answering phones and various office duties such as filing, order of office supplies and mail.
The hardest part of the job is when someone is resisting entry to detox. Watching the family members frustration and hearing that a client lost their battle with addiction can be heartbreaking. Thankfully the staff is there to assist in consoling and reminding us that there are other clients that have gained success over there addictions due to your contribution.
I truly enjoyed my experience at High Point
Pros
Helping people get over addiction. Co-workers
Cons
Seeing people who leave before treatment is complete.
Salary is great but administrative style is poor.
Outpatient Clinical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAJuly 4, 2016
The company pays well but the administrative style is strictly client-centered. Employees are treated badly with less respect.

If possible one will work without a break . There isn't much learning there because no training is permitted there. If one ask for one administration gets angry and ask you to get information from other staff. The co-workers are kind and nice people.
The hardest part of the job is not being listened to when ideas are raised.
the most enjoyable part of the job is people go home early on Fridays..,
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Administration is poor.
Okay Place To Work But Bad Management
Cook (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJune 29, 2016
Worked their two years and applied for better positions I was more than qualified for but kept getting overlooked each time. Ended up working at two halfway houses per diem to make ends meet.
Pros
Free lunch, great co-workers
Cons
Bad managers/directors, no advancement.
Helping clients to a strong Recovery
Relief Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MA 02301June 20, 2016
Intake of clients coming into Detox center and assisting with running groups in Section 35 program. Keeping count of clients in Hand-off program locked facility.
Substance abuse treatment
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJune 7, 2016
I really liked my colleagues and the clients that I worked with. Finances were the most challenging part of the job. There was also high turnover.
Pros
Loved my job.
Cons
low salary.

Want to know more about High Point Treatment Center?

Ask a question
Average workplace. Decent staff.
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MADecember 25, 2015
Watch over clients through the night. Ensure their safety. Hourly room checks. Give medication as prescribed. File paper work. Make new client charts available.
Recovery Specialist
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MASeptember 26, 2015
a typical day as a recovery specialist is stressful but well worth it. You would go around the residence every 30 minutes and document where each client was located on the shift report. You would follow schedules consistantly and make sure clients are as well. Sitting in on groups and listening to clients feelings about how they got to where they are now and how they are going to go about it differently to proceed sober in their lives. if a client was not following rules you would give them a write up which would go to their clinican that they would meet with weekly, and possibly go to the probation officer. If clients were doing good deeds without being asked they would get a different kind of write up for doing something good.
Workplace not bad however they dont believe in raises
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  taunton, maJune 12, 2015
co workers are great
environment is nice
enjoy having minimal supervision
company flexible
learned how to be team player
Cons
no raises
Office Manager
Medical Receptionist/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAMay 26, 2015
My daily activities vary. I am the first person of contact when clients enter the building. I assist with crisis intervention along with daily crisis with in the office from scheduling issues to medication problems, computer problems. ect. When there is any issue in the office the staff come to me. I am the office manager for a substance abuse and mental health treatment center. I over see 20 clinicians two doctors and a nurse practioner. I am responsible for daily calls that come in to the building. Daily scheduling in our EMR system for all doctors and nurse practioner. I enjoy my job very much. It is very past paced and you need to be able to multitask in rder to get the job done correctly.
Pros
I enjoy helping people.
Cons
I am very appreciated at my job but my pay does not represent that.
Fun work environment with great coworkers and clients.
Chef (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMay 18, 2015
Great place to work if you're about helping people better themselves and hopefully stay clean and sober. Coworkers are friendly and we treat each other line family, practical jokes included.

My clients are great. Being a cook in a recovery house I deal with the clients directly all the time. I control the food so they want to help to maybe get some extras.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere. Friendly clients and staff.
Cons
Communication with management sometimes can be troublesome. Budgeting my food costs and supplies.
closing
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cooper City, FLMay 3, 2015
this facility will be closing in 30 days. I worked here for 5 years. This was my first job in substance abuse so i learned a lot about this issues affecting society.
Good place to work for medical experience
Admission Staff (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 14, 2015
Answering phone calls for the Civil Commitment department. Assist in booking beds for our stabilization residential and detox program.
Pros
Free Lunches and Company Outings
Cons
Pay is not enough
lousy environment
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMarch 19, 2015
constant conflicts between the administration and its employees as employees are always caught in the middle od administration and the population they serve
Pros
life experience is a plus
Cons
it is usually that same life experience that makes a person expendable
Work place
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cooper City, FLMarch 11, 2015
Good place to work and the staff is great. Just an overall good place to work and advancement. It was bittersweet to leave
Pros
Environment
Cons
Breaks
productive and fun workplace
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAFebruary 14, 2015
I had a great experience at high point, i loved what i was doing and doing as much as i can to help others. my co-workers were great, very friendly and helpful. Just like my last job there was no hard or easy part of this specific job, just went day by day and did what i had to do before the end of every day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at High Point Treatment Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6