High Point Treatment Center

High Point Treatment Center Employer Reviews

terrible place to work, unsafe environment with terrible management
clinician (Former Employee), New Bedford, MAMay 19, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: too many to list
Do not consider working here. You would be better off unemployed. Management inexperienced, expectations unreasonable, work environment and culture toxic
Not enough staff
Duties as assigned by RN (Former Employee), Cooper City, FLJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: no management support
My day was spent with an over abundace of clients. The shifts were 12 hours with a 30 minute break. The Mental Health Tech, are to do all B/P's, 15 min face checks, hold all meetings, engage in conversation on an individual basis, take clients to lunch and help to get clients medications. Do all body searchs, luggage searches, and contraband searches. – more... Far to much to do for one person.

I learned that every day was a long hard day.

The management was very nasty to the workers, staff turn over was high. Clients were not held accountable for actions. Doors being smashed as the clients would try to bust through the med room door.

The hardest part of my job was not getting a break. It was exhausting. And praying each day I would go home safe to my family.

The most enjoyable part of my day, was going home! – less
Solid company that provides a valuable service
Case Manager (Current Employee), New Bedford, MANovember 1, 2013
Pros: above average compensation, good supervisors
Cons: low to average comp time
An easy place to work with down-to-earth supervisors. The company seems to be able to retain talented workers, many of my co-workers have been there for many years. Compensation is decent, above average for the field. Rewarding work.
This is my review after ten years.
Primary Clinician I (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: i enjoy my patients, i especially like working with the more difficult ones, or the patient who is constantly admited frequently. i like working with ateam of clinicians, who meet every aftyerb noon, and disciss patieny care. often, i can see another view, which is more conducive to the patient"s recovery plan.
Cons: after ten years, and shortly after recieving my msw (may 2013), i was let go due to a financial disagreement.
A typical day at work was treating 7-8 individual patients. Some days I had t0o complete 2-3 bio/psychosocial and treatment plans. Then, I had the responsibility of setting up A/C plan, which was either out patient weekly counseling, intensive out patient, or continued inpatient treatment. I learned how to collaborate with other social systems, such – more... as: DYS, probation, drug court, and also section 35 or the process of sectioning a patient that needs a higher l4evel of care. I worked in both dual diagnosis and inpatient psychiatric units. I learned it is best to work with your co-workers as a team, and I never have to do my job with out supervision, or suggestions from my peers. Management was the most difficult because the primary purpose was to fill the beds,(it is a business)however, I am a patient advocate, and will work my hardest to get the patient to the next safe place. The hardest part of my job is getting authorization from insurance to send the patient to the next safe place, provided there is placement which has been an on going problem. The most enjoyable part of my job is that helping alcoholics or addicts is my passion, and I love my profession. It is most rewarding when I see a patient that comes up to me beaming with pride, and shows me their three month medallion. I also love group therapy, or educational groups, because I try to educate the patients, and help them learn to live a different healthy way of life. I loved my job, and my patient's learned a lot from me as evidence by their statements. – less
a professional job
Mental Health Tech/Nurses Assistant (Current Employee), Cooper City, FLSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: friendly
Cons: communication
Very friendly environment with multiple opportunities to learn and be educated
Good learning experience for substance abuse
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Cooper City, FLAugust 28, 2013
Good place to work, Great COO and good benefits for people in school.
Tough work to do
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Plymouth MAAugust 14, 2013
This job required the safe detox of patient's with substance abuse issues. Because there is an incredibly low success rate among this patient population in staying sober, this can become depressing work. You have to absolutely love what you do to thrive in this environment.
Unstable work environment with little opportunities for growth
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Cooper City, FLAugust 13, 2013
Pros: knowledgeable clinical staff, great for gaining experience in the field
Cons: low wages, short lunch breaks, little support from management
Highpoint has knowledgeable therapists and RN's. However, the managment is extremely disorganized and constantly cuts employee's hours. After they send employees home, they ask the staff that's already been working 12 hours to stay for another 4. Also, many positions ask for a Bachelor's or Master's degree, yet pay at the level of a high school diploma.
Good Intentions
clerical (Former Employee), SouthcoastAugust 7, 2013
Is a great place to work if you are seeking entry level experience. Management is sometimes flawed, but rewards of a good benefit package with tons of flex time make it tolerable.
Mixed bag...mostly not so good
congeirge. . (Former Employee), MA.July 23, 2013
Pros: free meal, smoke breaks, nice staff, helping others, promotions from within
Cons: disconnect with top management..
Most of the" in the trenches" staff are very committed( no pun) to this work with addiction and do excellent work.
The upper management does not treat their staff with respect or support and uses fear to manage. The middle management do a great job in supporting their staff.
A difficult job with limited support and resources. Overworked and stressful – more... but helping others in spite of those facts and really great people to work .. – less
Has a lot of potential if Management was better
Therapist/RN (Former Employee), Cooper CityJuly 17, 2013
Pros: able to help people
Cons: poor management, not secure
I believe Highpoint in Cooper City could be much better if the Management was completely changed. The culture is horrible because they do not care about the workers. There is not security and they will cut hours in a heart beat. The place is not stable at all!! Very disorganized which makes the job harder then what it really is. The most enjoyable part – more... is being able to help people in need. Co-workers are great as well. – less
A nice place to work with only 3 other co-workers
Medical billing (Former Employee), New Bedford, MAApril 6, 2013
Pros: it was a really nice place to work
Cons: they only offered 20 hours a week
I had a a weekly routine for all my billing. I knew what was needed to be done for that day and eachday that followed.
We were just getting into the electronic billing for Medicare and Medicaid. It was a new system I was learning but was still submitting paper claims.
My manager and co-workers where all friendly and welcoming.
The hardest part was getting – more... the new system to work and the claims to process.
The best part of each day was when we all took lunch together and had a chance to unwind and laugh. – less
run the other way.
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), New Bedford, MAJune 10, 2012
Pros: helping clients
Cons: high point
terrible place to work. no room for growth. childish games. lack of professionalism and dignity.
This facility is highly recognized for treament of drug and alcohol addiction as well as patient's with a mental Illness.
LPN (Current Employee), Manomet, MAMay 20, 2012
I feel it is a very good facilty which meets the adequate standard of care for taking care of these types of patient's.

About High Point Treatment Center

With dozens of health care facilities in nearly every state, Universal Health Services (UHS) isn't quite ubiquitous, but it's – Read more