High Point Treatment Center Employee Reviews in United States

Helping clients to a strong Recovery
Relief Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MA 02301June 20, 2016
Intake of clients coming into Detox center and assisting with running groups in Section 35 program. Keeping count of clients in Hand-off program locked facility.
Substance abuse treatment
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJune 7, 2016
I really liked my colleagues and the clients that I worked with. Finances were the most challenging part of the job. There was also high turnover.
Pros
Loved my job.
Cons
low salary.
Recovery Specialist
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MASeptember 26, 2015
a typical day as a recovery specialist is stressful but well worth it. You would go around the residence every 30 minutes and document where each client was located on the shift report. You would follow schedules consistantly and make sure clients are as well. Sitting in on groups and listening to clients feelings about how they got to where they are now and how they are going to go about it differently to proceed sober in their lives. if a client was not following rules you would give them a write up which would go to their clinican that they would meet with weekly, and possibly go to the probation officer. If clients were doing good deeds without being asked they would get a different kind of write up for doing something good.
Average workplace. Decent staff.
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MADecember 25, 2015
Watch over clients through the night. Ensure their safety. Hourly room checks. Give medication as prescribed. File paper work. Make new client charts available.
Fun work environment with great coworkers and clients.
Chef (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMay 18, 2015
Great place to work if you're about helping people better themselves and hopefully stay clean and sober. Coworkers are friendly and we treat each other line family, practical jokes included.

My clients are great. Being a cook in a recovery house I deal with the clients directly all the time. I control the food so they want to help to maybe get some extras.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere. Friendly clients and staff.
Cons
Communication with management sometimes can be troublesome. Budgeting my food costs and supplies.
Office Manager
Medical Receptionist/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAMay 26, 2015
My daily activities vary. I am the first person of contact when clients enter the building. I assist with crisis intervention along with daily crisis with in the office from scheduling issues to medication problems, computer problems. ect. When there is any issue in the office the staff come to me. I am the office manager for a substance abuse and mental health treatment center. I over see 20 clinicians two doctors and a nurse practioner. I am responsible for daily calls that come in to the building. Daily scheduling in our EMR system for all doctors and nurse practioner. I enjoy my job very much. It is very past paced and you need to be able to multitask in rder to get the job done correctly.
Pros
I enjoy helping people.
Cons
I am very appreciated at my job but my pay does not represent that.
Workplace not bad however they dont believe in raises
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  taunton, maJune 12, 2015
co workers are great
environment is nice
enjoy having minimal supervision
company flexible
learned how to be team player
Cons
no raises
lousy environment
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMarch 19, 2015
constant conflicts between the administration and its employees as employees are always caught in the middle od administration and the population they serve
Pros
life experience is a plus
Cons
it is usually that same life experience that makes a person expendable
productive and fun workplace
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAFebruary 14, 2015
I had a great experience at high point, i loved what i was doing and doing as much as i can to help others. my co-workers were great, very friendly and helpful. Just like my last job there was no hard or easy part of this specific job, just went day by day and did what i had to do before the end of every day.
Good place to work for medical experience
Admission Staff (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 14, 2015
Answering phone calls for the Civil Commitment department. Assist in booking beds for our stabilization residential and detox program.
Pros
Free Lunches and Company Outings
Cons
Pay is not enough
closing
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cooper City, FLMay 3, 2015
this facility will be closing in 30 days. I worked here for 5 years. This was my first job in substance abuse so i learned a lot about this issues affecting society.
Unstable work environment with little opportunities for growth
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Cooper City, FLAugust 13, 2013
Highpoint has knowledgeable therapists and RN's. However, the managment is extremely disorganized and constantly cuts employee's hours. After they send employees home, they ask the staff that's already been working 12 hours to stay for another 4. Also, many positions ask for a Bachelor's or Master's degree, yet pay at the level of a high school diploma.
Pros
knowledgeable clinical staff, great for gaining experience in the field
Cons
low wages, short lunch breaks, little support from management
Mixed bag...mostly not so good
congeirge. . (Former Employee) –  MA.July 23, 2013
Most of the" in the trenches" staff are very committed( no pun) to this work with addiction and do excellent work.
The upper management does not treat their staff with respect or support and uses fear to manage. The middle management do a great job in supporting their staff.
A difficult job with limited support and resources. Overworked and stressful but helping others in spite of those facts and really great people to work ..
Pros
free meal, smoke breaks, nice staff, helping others, promotions from within
Cons
disconnect with top management..
Has a lot of potential if Management was better
Therapist/RN (Former Employee) –  Cooper CityJuly 17, 2013
I believe Highpoint in Cooper City could be much better if the Management was completely changed. The culture is horrible because they do not care about the workers. There is not security and they will cut hours in a heart beat. The place is not stable at all!! Very disorganized which makes the job harder then what it really is. The most enjoyable part is being able to help people in need. Co-workers are great as well.
Pros
able to help people
Cons
poor management, not secure
A nice place to work with only 3 other co-workers
Medical billing (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAApril 6, 2013
I had a a weekly routine for all my billing. I knew what was needed to be done for that day and eachday that followed.
We were just getting into the electronic billing for Medicare and Medicaid. It was a new system I was learning but was still submitting paper claims.
My manager and co-workers where all friendly and welcoming.
The hardest part was getting the new system to work and the claims to process.
The best part of each day was when we all took lunch together and had a chance to unwind and laugh.
Pros
it was a really nice place to work
Cons
they only offered 20 hours a week
Not enough staff
Duties as assigned by RN (Former Employee) –  Cooper City, FLJanuary 7, 2014
My day was spent with an over abundace of clients. The shifts were 12 hours with a 30 minute break. The Mental Health Tech, are to do all B/P's, 15 min face checks, hold all meetings, engage in conversation on an individual basis, take clients to lunch and help to get clients medications. Do all body searchs, luggage searches, and contraband searches. Far to much to do for one person.

I learned that every day was a long hard day.

The management was very nasty to the workers, staff turn over was high. Clients were not held accountable for actions. Doors being smashed as the clients would try to bust through the med room door.

The hardest part of my job was not getting a break. It was exhausting. And praying each day I would go home safe to my family.

The most enjoyable part of my day, was going home!
Pros
helping people
Cons
no management support
Productive and great people to work with
Billing Coordinator / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAAugust 26, 2014
working in a field for recovery was rewarding, the other staff members were all great people. the work was fast pace and I enjoyed every moment. I was able t advance as far as I could go.
Pros
free lunches, helping people
Cons
non profit so low pay rates
Work place
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cooper City, FLMarch 11, 2015
Good place to work and the staff is great. Just an overall good place to work and advancement. It was bittersweet to leave
Pros
environment
Cons
breaks
Solid company that provides a valuable service
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MANovember 1, 2013
An easy place to work with down-to-earth supervisors. The company seems to be able to retain talented workers, many of my co-workers have been there for many years. Compensation is decent, above average for the field. Rewarding work.
Pros
above average compensation, good supervisors
Cons
low to average comp time
fun company
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJanuary 24, 2015
overall a fun place to work, great customers. Depending on the franchise owner, management styles differ
Pros
customer interaction, coffee
Cons
no insurance/benefits