HIGH SCHOOL Employee Reviews

My job was school so I did not get paid
Wood Worker (Current Employee) –  Buckeye, AZFebruary 20, 2018
I Think High school is a great place for young teen to get a head start on life and to see what the real world has to offer. I also think it is great to further your education.
Pros
Give you card to use as credit cards to get you ready for one.
Cons
Distance from home
Fun and energetic
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 10, 2018
Often times very busy, answered phone calls and transferred calls, talked to students who were late and translated to parents/students who did not understand English; sealed report cards, made copies, organized mail and delivered them to the proper owner.
It was an lovely experience
School Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambria Heights, NYJanuary 24, 2018
I was extremely enlightened by all the knowledge in the room along with the charisma it made we excited for the future generation. Although , their was day when it was hard to settle the class down which is typical when the kid are just coming from lunch sometimes.
Pros
Free lunch, positive energy, and unexpected innocence
Fun work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg, CADecember 20, 2017
I always have typical days at work because I have to do it very fast,I learned how to receive people and smile with them while I do my job, how to be nice to them. about my management I respected that because I have to be an example to others. I don't the same culture with them, but represent my culture on a good way that's why many people want to speak my languages. The hardest part of the job was to go on the fridge because it was really cold for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was cutting the tomatoes, the carrots etc... and make some jokes with my friends and my managers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short break
great enviorment
Woodstock High School (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, VTDecember 9, 2017
loved working one on one with special ed children great supervision great pay great co workers and plenty of time off willing to work with you if you have issues with your family
Pros
cafeateria lunch was okay
Cons
only worked durning the school year wasnt year round
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  DjelfaOctober 11, 2017
Yes I like teaching but in our country they d'ont care about teachers . They gave less salary to us and even level is not good. When you teach for the first time you feel good but with time you feel fedup
Pros
No free lunches no free caffee no suitable food
Cons
Very short breaks
Working with a Students is fun sometimes
Professor of Chemistry (Former Employee) –  PristinaOctober 8, 2017
I think working as a teacher is very challenging and is really hard work.The most difficult is that you have to think and find the way how to do intresting topic for the Students. Their focus to be in the topic, othewrvise they may not be interesting to listen. Depend where you do work and with what kind of students you have to deal. Because in each class you have to use different strategies, sometime the same method doesn't work in every class. To be successful lecture.
Pros
Cons
Short breake
Teaching is the best job,
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Classroom teacherSeptember 27, 2017
A committed worker most love he or her job,
A worker as a teacher most be competent because more will be expected from him or her,
Education is the most important,and schools give the best of enlightenment,
Pros
Free launches
Cons
Short break, health care
Early work experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2017
I started volunteering when I was in high school , I feel like it's a good start to do some administrative office work. You get to learn what or get an idea of what it's like in an office environment.
Fun
Senior Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 21, 2017
Fun but need to work hard. This the only reason to go to high school to get a good education and learn how to live in the new world that has been made for us
Fun workplace and lienient
Avid Tutor (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 17, 2017
I had a fun time working as an Avid Tutor at a local high school. It was a pretty laid back job and great for college students because they were understanding if you needed to miss a day for something school related.
Spanish Assistant
Spanish Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SCDecember 27, 2016
Being a Spanish Assistant is rewarding because you get to help others with their troubles with the Spanish language. This helps them get closer to being more well-rounded and experienced.
Learn everything
Mantance (Former Employee) –  Valley alabamaSeptember 26, 2016
Good school learn very quickly and work on different things and do fun activities but not every day teachers make sure work is done right and not wrong good food and good teacher
Pros
Good food
Cons
Getting picked on
Studio is fun
Camera Operator/Studio Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk, NYSeptember 12, 2016
had fun doing the camera work it was very enjoyable learned a few things along the way the crew that worked with me was awesome we would joke around but did our duties with much confidence. Our Management person was a Great person to work with every day he made the day exciting and never boring.

My favorite part of the job was being on the camera talking bout the weather, sports, and special events throughout the school.
Pros
you can eat while working
Interesting work place
English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Prishtina, KosovoJuly 25, 2016
Great and fun working with students. Extremly good eork relations and cooperations with the rest of teaching staff there but low compensation for the staff's hard work and commitment.
Pros
Attractive job
Cons
Low income
N/a
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 17, 2016
Awesome. Awesome. I loved school, I can't believe its over. Best teachers at Lorenzo Walker Technical High School. Best ever
Difficult
Yearbook Designer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2016
Working with East River High School's yearbook committee was very difficult. Decisions were made late and deadlines were not always met at their dates.
Productive and social environment
Special Education Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollister, CAJuly 5, 2016
We would help them with their work and with student activities. Everyone got a long and worked as a team. Also did a lot of multi tasking, but best of all it was a very friendly environment.
High School
Student (Former Employee) –  Quincy, FLJuly 2, 2016
Well although high school may not be considered a job traditionally, the projects, team building skills, deadlines, and exhausting work definitely qualifies it as a job to me.
Pros
Free lunch and Friends
Cons
Only 5 minutes in between classes, dirty restrooms.
Teaching High School kids to sing and dance
Show Choir Choreographer (Current Employee) –  Marion, IAJune 21, 2016
Work with a group of 50 kids teaching them how to sing and dance a show choir show. Learned how to manage the attention of many people at once. Attention to detail. Maintaining respect of all of the kids. Management supervised work the entire time. Hardest part of the job was the end of the day when the work was done. Entire job was enjoyable to watch kids grow as musicians and performers.