High Sierra Industries Employee Reviews

Enjoyed and learned a lot working here
wiring harness assembler (Former Employee), Reno NevadaOctober 14, 2014
Pros: wonderful people
Made wiring harnesses and worked with physically and mentally challenged adults. Was very rewarding.
Fun work place with amazing Staff.
Facilitator (Current Employee), Reno, NVApril 3, 2014
Pros: learning and growth are encouraged. focus is on measurable results.
Cons: non-profit level compensation
Typical days are good mix of fun and work, with incredible people who really care about the mission. The people we serve are the most enjoyable part of the job, no matter what position you hold within the Organization. The best job I've ever had.
Rewarding and Fun Place to Work
Confidential (Current Employee), Reno, NevadaApril 3, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursement, health insurance, personal time off
Cons: although i understand our compensation, i wish we could get paid more
HSI is a fun place to work where helping others is valued and rewarded. A culture of learning helps you improve your skills and they even have tuition reimbursement!
Enjoyed Helping People
Facilitator JDT Services (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 15, 2013
I worked with adults with mental and physical disabilities. every day was a new chapter. I taught daily living skill and job skill. it was a very rewarding job.
A company without a direction
Manager (Current Employee), ManagerJuly 10, 2013
Pros: individuals served
Cons: management
This company talks about being the biggest and the best, and sold a lot of people rhetoric about a bright future. Instead, this is a company that shows little to no value for employees below executive leadership. The people working under the executive leadership team is comprised of some very good people who are in that business for the right reasons. The people served in this company touched my heart, and were the best part of any day. This company is now down-sizing its operations to eliminate many of the homes that include people served being moved to new providers and new staff due to the bottom line. The office staff proved to be very difficult to work with and are limited to thinking about money instead of people.
Productive work environment
Human Resources Assistant I (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 26, 2012
Pros: the people i worked with, keurig coffee maker
Cons: phone calls from management when on vacation or sick
Hit the ground running
How to be a better person
Some good some bad
Loved my co-workers they made my day
Dealing with management that was not educated in H.R., as I was and would not listen to H.R. laws and ideas, because it was too hard for them.
Locking the door to my office and closing the blinds to do my job at hand.