High Sierra Industries Employee Reviews

Beware.
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 12, 2016
If you're looking to work somewhere where you are NOT respected, NOT valued and have NO opportunity of advancement (unless you're buddy-buddy with upper management) then this is the place for you!

Having a degree (and experience) means nothing to the company;
upper management will only "create a job" (their words) for you if you are friends with them.

HSI does not value its employees unless you are friends with upper management, do not work here expecting to feel like management cares about the work you do. HR is the gossip department and do NOT keep what you're saying confidential. You will never feel safe or heard when talking to HR. They care more about your personal life than your work ethic.

If you are honestly looking for a job where solely working with people disabilities is rewarding, despite the extremely low pay, and low support from team members, then this is a great job. I absolutely loved working with the people and they were the reason why I stayed for almost two years (before I quit).

Apply here with a grain of salt.
Pros
Working with people with disabilities.
Cons
Unprofessional HR, Gossipy HR, You have to be friends with upper management to move up in the company.
Pretends to be about the disabled but really a money hungry greedy corporation
Workhorse (Former Employee) –  Reno, NevadaDecember 29, 2014
Management rules and everyone else is but a workhorse. You will NEVER get a raise or a promotion if you work here.
Pros
The adults with disabilities are wonderful people.
Cons
This company does not care at all about it's employees.
Rewarding and Fun Place to Work
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Reno, NevadaApril 3, 2014
HSI is a fun place to work where helping others is valued and rewarded. A culture of learning helps you improve your skills and they even have tuition reimbursement!
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement, Health Insurance, Personal Time Off
Cons
Although I understand our compensation, I wish we could get paid more
Fun work place with amazing Staff.
Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 3, 2014
Typical days are good mix of fun and work, with incredible people who really care about the mission. The people we serve are the most enjoyable part of the job, no matter what position you hold within the Organization. The best job I've ever had.
Pros
Learning and Growth are encouraged. Focus is on measurable results.
Cons
Non-Profit level compensation
A company without a direction
Manager (Current Employee) –  ManagerJuly 10, 2013
This company talks about being the biggest and the best, and sold a lot of people rhetoric about a bright future. Instead, this is a company that shows little to no value for employees below executive leadership. The people working under the executive leadership team is comprised of some very good people who are in that business for the right reasons. The people served in this company touched my heart, and were the best part of any day. This company is now down-sizing its operations to eliminate many of the homes that include people served being moved to new providers and new staff due to the bottom line. The office staff proved to be very difficult to work with and are limited to thinking about money instead of people.
Pros
Individuals served
Productive work environment
Human Resources Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 26, 2012
Hit the ground running
How to be a better person
Some good some bad
Loved my co-workers they made my day
Dealing with management that was not educated in H.R., as I was and would not listen to H.R. laws and ideas, because it was too hard for them.
Locking the door to my office and closing the blinds to do my job at hand.
Pros
the people i worked with, keurig coffee maker
Cons
phone calls from management when on vacation or sick
Enjoyed and learned a lot working here
wiring harness assembler (Former Employee) –  Reno NevadaOctober 14, 2014
Made wiring harnesses and worked with physically and mentally challenged adults. Was very rewarding.
Pros
Wonderful people
Enjoyed Helping People
Facilitator JDT Services (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 15, 2013
I worked with adults with mental and physical disabilities. every day was a new chapter. I taught daily living skill and job skill. it was a very rewarding job.

Want to know more about High Sierra Industries?

Ask a question