High Sierra Industries Employee Reviews

HS Industries
Day Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 11, 2017
enjoyed working here, there are many people who need help and guidance. Management was very tough, but all for good reason. Many employees enjoyed their work, but the pay was very low.
Pros
clients
Cons
management
Do not work here!
Day Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 16, 2017
This place was a joke! The management is horrible and they will treat you terrible. They look down on the workers. The clients that go there are the only good part about this place. The pay is also ridiculous and laughable. You will spend most of your time in the bathroom with the clients, then actually working with them.
Pros
Cons
Terrible compensation, awful management
very fun and rewarding place to work!
Day rehabilitation specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 23, 2017
I absolutely loved this job. I loved the people i had gotten to work with and how you could just be yourself. This job was one of the most rewarding i have gotten to work so far.
Don't work here
Day Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 2, 2017
Management is really mean. The program director barks orders at you like you are a dog, and plays favorites (likes guys vs. girls) You are just a slave to them and nothing more which is sad because the clients are so nice. You have good insurance benefits but other than that you better stay away.
benefits
Cons
program director, favoritism, sexist, con artists.
To much favoritism
Worker (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 24, 2017
Management egos get in the way of doing business. Unduly relationship between people in management position. Lack of knowledge of people in critical roles. Management only care about there own potion and job security. Don't see anything positive about the company. People making lots of money off of disabled people. Need to be investigated for HR violations.
Cons
It was ok,the work was easy, but a little bit not my level
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 23, 2016
High Sierra Industries was, For my lack of a better word. A rip off ,I only got paid 28.00 for 2 weeks of work. The atmosphere was childish
Beware.
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 12, 2016
If you're looking to work somewhere where you are NOT respected, NOT valued and have NO opportunity of advancement (unless you're buddy-buddy with upper management) then this is the place for you!

Having a degree (and experience) means nothing to the company;
upper management will only "create a job" (their words) for you if you are friends with them.

HSI does not value its employees unless you are friends with upper management, do not work here expecting to feel like management cares about the work you do. HR is the gossip department and do NOT keep what you're saying confidential. You will never feel safe or heard when talking to HR. They care more about your personal life than your work ethic.

If you are honestly looking for a job where solely working with people disabilities is rewarding, despite the extremely low pay, and low support from team members, then this is a great job. I absolutely loved working with the people and they were the reason why I stayed for almost two years (before I quit).

Apply here with a grain of salt.
Pros
Working with people with disabilities.
Cons
Unprofessional HR, Gossipy HR, You have to be friends with upper management to move up in the company.
Growing non-profit
New Business Development/Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 14, 2016
Great place to work, lots of vision for the future and growing every year. HSI believes in making people with disabilities visible parts of the community and is doing it.
Pros
Working with adults with disabilities, benefits, working with community
Cons
Starting Pay
Pretends to be about the disabled but really a money hungry greedy corporation
Workhorse (Former Employee) –  Reno, NevadaDecember 29, 2014
Management rules and everyone else is but a workhorse. You will NEVER get a raise or a promotion if you work here.
Pros
The adults with disabilities are wonderful people.
Cons
This company does not care at all about it's employees.
Enjoyed and learned a lot working here
wiring harness assembler (Former Employee) –  Reno NevadaOctober 14, 2014
Made wiring harnesses and worked with physically and mentally challenged adults. Was very rewarding.
Pros
Wonderful people
Fun work place with amazing Staff.
Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 3, 2014
Typical days are good mix of fun and work, with incredible people who really care about the mission. The people we serve are the most enjoyable part of the job, no matter what position you hold within the Organization. The best job I've ever had.
Pros
Learning and Growth are encouraged. Focus is on measurable results.
Cons
Non-Profit level compensation
Rewarding and Fun Place to Work
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Reno, NevadaApril 3, 2014
HSI is a fun place to work where helping others is valued and rewarded. A culture of learning helps you improve your skills and they even have tuition reimbursement!
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement, Health Insurance, Personal Time Off
Cons
Although I understand our compensation, I wish we could get paid more
Enjoyed Helping People
Facilitator JDT Services (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 15, 2013
I worked with adults with mental and physical disabilities. every day was a new chapter. I taught daily living skill and job skill. it was a very rewarding job.
A company without a direction
Manager (Current Employee) –  ManagerJuly 10, 2013
This company talks about being the biggest and the best, and sold a lot of people rhetoric about a bright future. Instead, this is a company that shows little to no value for employees below executive leadership. The people working under the executive leadership team is comprised of some very good people who are in that business for the right reasons. The people served in this company touched my heart, and were the best part of any day. This company is now down-sizing its operations to eliminate many of the homes that include people served being moved to new providers and new staff due to the bottom line. The office staff proved to be very difficult to work with and are limited to thinking about money instead of people.
Pros
Individuals served