Here at HighRes Biosolutions we love automation. We design and build innovative robotic systems and laboratory devices used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies and academic research laboratories. HighRes Biosolutions helps scientists accelerate drug discovery, high throughput genotyping, siRNA screening, next-generation sequencing sample prep, biorepository science and molecular diagnostics with highly flexible, expandable and modular integrated systems, bench-top devices and consumables that are easily configured (and reconfigured) to create research environments conducive to achieving breakthrough results.
We are currently conducting search for a talented Senior Software Engineer who will be involved in New Product Development.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Design, develop, and support applications for the Life Science industry
- Understand and analyze project requirements and translate into specifications and programming deliverables
- Work with software engineers and senior management to enhance existing applications and build additional applications as the company grows
- Identify and validate software and infrastructure components required to implement technical solutions
- Prepare and contribute toward the preparation of project documentation
- Support quality assurance and testing to achieve quality objectives
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities as needed
- Ability to execute and deliver to tight guidelines and schedules
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Lab automation integration experience preferred. Liquid handling experience a plus.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related applied engineering discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Strong overall programming experience using C# or C/C++/Java.
- 5+ years of full software development lifecycle experience with at least 2+ years of Object-Oriented analysis, design and development
- Relational database experience
- Good understanding of computer communications (TCP/IP, RS232)
- Experience with Web Services and WCF skills is a plus
- Experience designing user interfaces using WPF is a plus
- Exposure to a Life Science industry is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For more information, please check out our website: http://www.highresbio.com and call Cate Celenza at: 781-932-1912.