SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER – Product Development
HighRes Biosolutions is a fast-growing company just north of Boston that is busy reinventing laboratory automation. From robots to software to instruments, we’re innovating everything that helps researchers in pharmaceutical and biotech automated research laboratories hunt for cures for diseases.
We love science and automation, and we’re looking for people with great ideas to help us amaze our cutting-edge clients. That takes dedication, flexibility, and creativity in a fast-paced, forward-thinking environment. We don’t wear ties, but we do make things happen fast. So if you enjoy contributing your talents to a dynamic, successful team, you might be who we’re looking for.
We are currently conducting search for a talented Senior Software Engineer who will be involved in New Product Development.
In this Highly Visible Role, Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Design, develop, and support applications for the Life Science industry
- Understand and analyze project requirements and translate into specifications and programming deliverables
- Work with software engineers and senior management to enhance existing applications and build additional applications as the company grows
- Identify and validate software and infrastructure components required to implement technical solutions
- Prepare and contribute toward the preparation of project documentation
- Support quality assurance and testing to achieve quality objectives
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities as needed
- Ability to execute and deliver to tight guidelines and schedules
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related applied engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
- Strong overall programming experience using C# or C/C++/Java
- Relational database experience
- 5+ years of full software development lifecycle experience with at least 2+ years of Object-Oriented analysis, design and development
- Experience with WPF and GUI a plus
- Good understanding of computer communications WCF / (TCP/IP, RS232) a plus
- Lab automation integration experience preferred. Liquid handling experience a plus
- Exposure to a Life Science industry is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About HighRes Biosolutions
We design and build innovative robotic systems and laboratory devices used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies and academic research laboratories. Our work helps scientists accelerate drug discovery, high throughput genotyping, siRNA screening, next-generation sequencing sample prep, biorepository science and molecular diagnostics with highly flexible, expandable and modular integrated systems, bench-top devices and consumables that are easily configured (and reconfigured) to create research environments conducive to achieving breakthrough results.
We have offices in the Boston area and on the West Coast, as well as in the UK. Our headquarters in Woburn, MA, just minutes from Boston, is where we build our systems and devices and develop our software in a state-of-the-art 50,000 square foot facility. Our recently expanded offices include multiple assembly areas, a machine shop, electronics shop, testing areas and a showroom where customers can view and try out our innovative systems, instruments and software. HighRes has a global presence, with installations, service and support in North America, UK, Europe and Asia.
If you’d like to learn more (or know of someone who might), please contact Cate Celenza at: 781-932-1912 x1112 or apply via the Careers portal of our website: http://www.highresbio.com.