Higher One Employee Reviews in United States

They consistently promote from within.
Customer Service Rep to Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 26, 2016
I was able to move up quickly. I worked from home which I enjoyed. The training is excellent and there is always support available to you while you are working. It was a great experience.
Great company to work for
Remote Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 22, 2015
Loved working for Higher One. Too bad they outsourced the Call Center to the Phillipines and El Salvador. Their pay was better than most companies and their support was excellent
Pros
great support
Cons
relocating call center
I prefer not to
CUSTOMER CARE ESCALATION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 26, 2015
I would answer escalated calls from students regarding school refunds. My jib would be to defuse the caller, and provide them with accurate information. I would assure them they would get their money.
Pros
working from home meeting different people
Cons
students getting inaccurate information from their school
The business is built on integrity, teamwork, creativity, transparency, value and service
Senior Coaching Specialist, Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  New Haven CTMay 4, 2015
I developed so many skills here at Higher One. From Management skills, Coaching Skills, Stellar Skills, and Open communication throughout the company. I Love my job here because I get to meet new people through Managing Agents in house and at home. Helping our Agent deliver World Class Service by following Correct Company Procedures through training is very rewarding to me. Higher one is a great place to work and really believes in its Culture.
Pros
Free lunches, Gym, Good benefits, Fun committee.
Cons
long hours. but rewarding.
Didn't like it
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 9, 2015
Position was poorly constructed by management and not enough flexibility. Job was highly demanding and there was no work/life balance at all.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Work ethics and demands of the job
Great place for temporary work
Home Based Seasonal Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 3, 2015
Flexible hours, no weekends and good hourly pay for a seasonal job. I will return if my schedule permits next season. I received calls from cardholders.
Seasonal Employment as customer service Agent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CtFebruary 16, 2015
This job was very fast paced and taught me more patience in dealing with irate customers. The hardest part of the job was having deal with customers when they were profusely irate and not willing to cooperate. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn new skills, working for a banking firm
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeFebruary 3, 2015
I loved working here! There is lots of support for you in this position and it is never boring. I loved the customer interaction and felt the training enabled me to answer almost all of my customers' questions. When there were a few questions I couldn't answer, there was great support.
Pros
great training, support, co-workers, customers
Cons
occasionally an upset customer, but very few
nice training and great team
Home Based Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 10, 2014
great company, I love to work from home and avoid the traffic .... very nice training and easy VPN program .
Ok Company
Worked the CCS Assist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2014
Ok company-was a pretty good company 2 years ago but just an ok company to work for now. The leads and managers that I work with are fabulous and make it a fun place to work.
Pros
work at home
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Identification Program (Former Employee) –  New Haven CtOctober 13, 2014
The company is all about culture and the people are great. Everyone is so nice and they make you feel as if you are a part of the family
Pros
free lunch
Call Center at home
Higher One Home Based Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 9, 2014
This is a great fast paced job,great opportunity to work from home. The job is part time and contract but there are options to advance, the job does have short breaks but the people you Im with are very nice.
Pros
home based
Cons
short breaks, only work during peak seasons
Not that great of a place, very vague about what's going on a daily basis
Customer Care Agent, CIP Agent (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 6, 2014
They wouldn't be very clear about whether your salary was going to improve over time, which it doesn't. You can be working there for 5 years and get paid the same amount since you started, unless you advance, but there is very RARE chances of that happening.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
terrible communication, even worse training.
Excellent Place to Work
Seasonal Home-based Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 15, 2014
I have continued to enjoy working for Higher One. I have worked seasonally for approx. 3.5 years. It is a great option when seasonal work is preferred. They have provided great training and support throughout.
Bad Place
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  New HavenJuly 13, 2014
This is by far one of the worst call centers I have ever worked in. They pay $10 an hour their benefits are expensive but have high deductibles. The management needs to go back to school because they have no clue. They are extremely unfair in actions that require attention. They expect a lot for a job paying just $10 an hour with no training but to sit in front of a computer for 2 weeks and read and take tests and are then put on a phone with no formal training whatsoever. I work there now and would not recommend working here where you get $10 an hour with no yearly review and no way to make more money. Free lunch, ping pong tables and other toys are not how I want to be treated I want money in my pocket. the only positive thing I can say is the working conditions are nice with new furniture and my coworkers are the best. This company is also under a watchful eye of the government and has been sued and fined for millions and is now under a class action suit for millions more.
Pros
nice building, nice coworkers
Cons
everything
Great Place
Manager (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 10, 2014
Great place to work and build experience. Fun culture, strong values.
Productive and fun work place with a Ping Pong table
Manager (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 25, 2014
Higher One was a fun company to work at. Salaried employees do not "punch a clock" and came come and go as long as their job functions are being completed. The sense of teams is great and every coworker was a pleasure to work with. The ability to work remotely was greatly appreciated in the winter on snowy days.
Pros
ability to work remotely, free lunches and coffee bar
Poor appreciation of employees true needs
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 9, 2014
I do not wish to comment about this company after being moved to a department I was not trained to work in
Not a good company
customer care (Former Employee) –  new havenFebruary 4, 2014
I was excited when I started to work for the company, but they don't give you enough training to perform your job. When the busiest time is over they let you go using any stupid excuse.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours of work, poor management, little training, low pay, bad health insurance, no communication, no recognition
Nice group of folks
Seasonal Home Based Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 31, 2013
Fun, professional environment. Be on time. Do what is asked to complete the task. Treat others with respect.
Pros
work from home, convenient schedule
Cons
temporary