Higher One

Higher One Employee Reviews

The business is built on integrity, teamwork, creativity, transparency, value and service
Senior Coaching Specialist, Quality Assurance (Current Employee), New Haven CTMay 4, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, Gym, Good benefits, Fun committee.
Cons: long hours. but rewarding.
I developed so many skills here at Higher One. From Management skills, Coaching Skills, Stellar Skills, and Open communication throughout the company. I Love my job here because I get to meet new people through Managing Agents in house and at home. Helping our Agent deliver World Class Service by following Correct Company Procedures through training is very rewarding to me. Higher one is a great place to work and really believes in its Culture.
Didn't like it
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), New Haven, CTApril 9, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Work ethics and demands of the job
Position was poorly constructed by management and not enough flexibility. Job was highly demanding and there was no work/life balance at all.
Great place for temporary work
Home Based Seasonal Customer Care Agent (Current Employee), New Haven, CTMarch 3, 2015
Flexible hours, no weekends and good hourly pay for a seasonal job. I will return if my schedule permits next season. I received calls from cardholders.
Seasonal Employment as customer service Agent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Haven, CtFebruary 16, 2015
This job was very fast paced and taught me more patience in dealing with irate customers. The hardest part of the job was having deal with customers when they were profusely irate and not willing to cooperate. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn new skills, working for a banking firm
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Work at HomeFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great training, support, co-workers, customers
Cons: occasionally an upset customer, but very few
I loved working here! There is lots of support for you in this position and it is never boring. I loved the customer interaction and felt the training enabled me to answer almost all of my customers' questions. When there were a few questions I couldn't answer, there was great support.
nice training and great team
Home Based Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), New Haven, CTNovember 10, 2014
great company, I love to work from home and avoid the traffic .... very nice training and easy VPN program .
Ok Company
Worked the CCS Assist (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 7, 2014
Pros: work at home
Cons: short breaks
Ok company-was a pretty good company 2 years ago but just an ok company to work for now. The leads and managers that I work with are fabulous and make it a fun place to work.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Identification Program (Former Employee), New Haven CtOctober 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch
The company is all about culture and the people are great. Everyone is so nice and they make you feel as if you are a part of the family
Call Center at home
Higher One Home Based Customer Care Agent (Current Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 9, 2014
Pros: home based
Cons: short breaks, only work during peak seasons
This is a great fast paced job,great opportunity to work from home. The job is part time and contract but there are options to advance, the job does have short breaks but the people you Im with are very nice.
Not that great of a place, very vague about what's going on a daily basis
Customer Care Agent, CIP Agent (Former Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: terrible communication, even worse training.
They wouldn't be very clear about whether your salary was going to improve over time, which it doesn't. You can be working there for 5 years and get paid the same amount since you started, unless you advance, but there is very RARE chances of that happening.
Excellent Place to Work
Seasonal Home-based Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 15, 2014
I have continued to enjoy working for Higher One. I have worked seasonally for approx. 3.5 years. It is a great option when seasonal work is preferred. They have provided great training and support throughout.
Bad Place
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee), New HavenJuly 13, 2014
Pros: nice building, nice coworkers
Cons: everything
This is by far one of the worst call centers I have ever worked in. They pay $10 an hour their benefits are expensive but have high deductibles. The management needs to go back to school because they have no clue. They are extremely unfair in actions that require attention. They expect a lot for a job paying just $10 an hour with no training but to sit in front of a computer for 2 weeks and read and take tests and are then put on a phone with no formal training whatsoever. I work there now and would not recommend working here where you get $10 an hour with no yearly review and no way to make more money. Free lunch, ping pong tables and other toys are not how I want to be treated I want money in my pocket. the only positive thing I can say is the working conditions are nice with new furniture and my coworkers are the best. This company is also under a watchful eye of the government and has been sued and fined for millions and is now under a class action suit for millions more.
Great Place
Manager (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJune 10, 2014
Great place to work and build experience. Fun culture, strong values.
Poor appreciation of employees true needs
Client Services Representative (Former Employee), New Haven, CTFebruary 9, 2014
I do not wish to comment about this company after being moved to a department I was not trained to work in
Not a good company
customer care (Former Employee), new havenFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours of work, poor management, little training, low pay, bad health insurance, no communication, no recognition
I was excited when I started to work for the company, but they don't give you enough training to perform your job. When the busiest time is over they let you go using any stupid excuse.
Nice group of folks
Seasonal Home Based Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 31, 2013
Pros: work from home, convenient schedule
Cons: temporary
Fun, professional environment. Be on time. Do what is asked to complete the task. Treat others with respect.
Work from home bilingual customer service agent (Current Employee), Work from homeOctober 18, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: it is seasonal
The best place to work, I love this job, nice people, excellent training program and flexibles in your schedule, This is my first season working with them and praying to get called again for next season, GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Tries to do too much with too little
Professional (Former Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 18, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule, good work/life balance, free lunch, free coffee bar, ping pong, foosball, free parking
Cons: low salary, poor healthcare, high turnover
This company is young and experiencing growing pains. It's a prime example of trying to accomplish everything under the sun with not enough resources. The company has a top-heavy feel with too many managers and not enough lower level positions to get the work done.

The culture is shifting from a fun small company to a larger company that's trying to learn how to balance the needs of its shareholders with the needs of its employees. Because of this, the employee turnover is strangely high.

There are some good perks like free lunches, a free gym, lounges with ping pong and foosball, a free coffee bar in the lobby, and flexible schedules (not for all employees). However, those perks might not make up for the low salaries and poor health benefits. Raises are hard to come by, so if you're negotiating for a position, aim high with your salary request.
Productive but Fun Environment
Corporate Development Manager (Current Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 16, 2013
Pros: free lunch, on-site gym, free coffee bar, monthly beer carts
Cons: compensation below market
Higher One is a very good place to work as work-life balance is a staple of the culture. Each employee is encouraged to think outside the box and present ideas to management without fear of having your manager take credit. Innovation is the centerpiece of the company and is cultivated at every level of the organization.
Banking
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee), New Haven, CTAugust 1, 2013
Overall a nice job to have great location however I wasn't to fond of management. I enjoyed the stellar training courses and contest we would have.

About Higher One

The higher ambition at Higher One Holdings is to facilitate higher education payments. The company provides payment processing – Read more

Higher One Salaries