Higher One Employee Reviews

Fun
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Work from homeJuly 13, 2017
Work from home..so it was flexible..They gave us enough training to be able to do our job..but the job is seasonal,so it can last 3 months or 6 months.
Great company for remote CCR
Customer Care Analyst (Home Agent) (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 20, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Higher One. No stress or Less stress environment. Remote CCA was great working from home. The managements were nice. Seasonal position and/or part time with, and full time position with full benefit.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 15, 2017
Worked at home, the training is self paced, heavy call volume. Whenever you have a problem ot easy to get someone to help. The training is not good it is self taught. Expect you to learn alot in little time
Pros
flexible schedule, extr hours to work
Cons
poor management
Great Work From Home job
Seasonal Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 19, 2017
This job was awesome. Hired in as seasonal, I continued to work for 2 years. QC was fair and helpful, management was great, schedules were easy to choose and training was very thorough and beneficial. I really anticipated working at Higher One for many more years, but then the company outsourced to another country.
Cons
outsourced
NO Career Here
Account Specialist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  VirtualMarch 16, 2017
The environment was very laid back. Supervisors had their favorites and if you didn't belong in that group no matter how great your performance you were looked over.
Pros
Family Owned
Cons
Glass ceiling.. you trained others and they were promoted over you.
Good work environment
Customer Service Rep Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLFebruary 3, 2017
Higher One required you to work at home. They were really good at answering questions that you may have. Since you are working from home you don't always have the luxury of asking your fellow coworker a question about policy. There was a hotline we could call at anytime to get info also a chat room in case of anything else that may have come up
Pros
Saved Gas Money
Outsourced all Customer Service to Phillipines
Resolutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 4, 2017
This was an excellent company to work for up to a couple of years ago when they sent their call centers overseas. Now Higher One has been taken over by Customers Bank and they outsourced the remaining remote employees.
Pros
Cons
No Future
Productive and fun place to work
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 28, 2016
Great place to work and they really value their employee's. Not much opportunity for growth or advancement, but the employee can try and work with management to better this aspect.
Pros
Great work life balance, employee treatment, pay
Cons
Education, growth, advancement, job security
Contracts Specialist
Contracts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 29, 2016
I had the opportunity to work for HireOne. I was interviewed and place quickly. Worked on site with the government client. It was a great experience.
Pros
Open communication with upper level management.
Excellent working environment
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 13, 2016
Excellent working environment, Allows Growth, Free Lunches, Relaxed Environment.

I work independently most of the time however I work with an excellent team as well. The management team are always willing to guide and answer questions.
Pros
Allows Growth, Free Lunches, Relaxed Environment
Stellar CSR Agent
Customer Care Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  W@HMay 20, 2016
Premium job.

Co-workers every activate and friendly. typical day
ticket routine each call, make sure either FASA money and scholarships are secure and money present and whim.
Pros
W@h, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Short break, many calls.
Comfortable Work from home Career
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 17, 2016
Logged into work computer and screens. Signed into phone system and specific chat room. Answered back to back call inquiries from customers. Providing additional product information and upgrade features. Advised clients how and where to find account information online. Kept records of calls and call experience.

Researched data related to claims and escalated calls. Electronically created files due to escalated cases.
Great company
Home Based Customer Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Work from homeMay 11, 2016
If Higher One had not outsourced their call center and home based agents no longer being considered, I would still be employed by them. Although we were home agents, it was very user friendly through our chat system..Team players all the way. IT and managers were always available. We were also included in all activities in the New Haven office
Cons
Outsourced the call center
They consistently promote from within.
Customer Service Rep to Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 26, 2016
I was able to move up quickly. I worked from home which I enjoyed. The training is excellent and there is always support available to you while you are working. It was a great experience.
Great place to work with amazing people!
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 9, 2015
Enjoyed working with a group of dedicated, intelligent, and ambitious people. Received excellent training and support from management.
Great company to work for
Remote Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 22, 2015
Loved working for Higher One. Too bad they outsourced the Call Center to the Phillipines and El Salvador. Their pay was better than most companies and their support was excellent
Pros
great support
Cons
relocating call center
I prefer not to
CUSTOMER CARE ESCALATION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 26, 2015
I would answer escalated calls from students regarding school refunds. My jib would be to defuse the caller, and provide them with accurate information. I would assure them they would get their money.
Pros
working from home meeting different people
Cons
students getting inaccurate information from their school
The business is built on integrity, teamwork, creativity, transparency, value and service
Senior Coaching Specialist, Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  New Haven CTMay 4, 2015
I developed so many skills here at Higher One. From Management skills, Coaching Skills, Stellar Skills, and Open communication throughout the company. I Love my job here because I get to meet new people through Managing Agents in house and at home. Helping our Agent deliver World Class Service by following Correct Company Procedures through training is very rewarding to me. Higher one is a great place to work and really believes in its Culture.
Pros
Free lunches, Gym, Good benefits, Fun committee.
Cons
long hours. but rewarding.
Didn't like it
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 9, 2015
Position was poorly constructed by management and not enough flexibility. Job was highly demanding and there was no work/life balance at all.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Work ethics and demands of the job
Great place for temporary work
Home Based Seasonal Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 3, 2015
Flexible hours, no weekends and good hourly pay for a seasonal job. I will return if my schedule permits next season. I received calls from cardholders.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Higher One. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2