Higher One

Higher One Employer Reviews

Excellent Place to Work
Seasonal Home-based Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 15, 2014
I have continued to enjoy working for Higher One. I have worked seasonally for approx. 3.5 years. It is a great option when seasonal work is preferred. They have provided great training and support throughout.
Bad Place
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee), New HavenJuly 13, 2014
Pros: nice building, nice coworkers
Cons: everything
This is by far one of the worst call centers I have ever worked in. They pay $10 an hour their benefits are expensive but have high deductibles. The management needs to go back to school because they have no clue. They are extremely unfair in actions that require attention. They expect a lot for a job paying just $10 an hour with no training but to – more... sit in front of a computer for 2 weeks and read and take tests and are then put on a phone with no formal training whatsoever. I work there now and would not recommend working here where you get $10 an hour with no yearly review and no way to make more money. Free lunch, ping pong tables and other toys are not how I want to be treated I want money in my pocket. the only positive thing I can say is the working conditions are nice with new furniture and my coworkers are the best. This company is also under a watchful eye of the government and has been sued and fined for millions and is now under a class action suit for millions more. – less
Great Place
Manager (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJune 10, 2014
Great place to work and build experience. Fun culture, strong values.
Productive and fun work place with a Ping Pong table
Manager (Former Employee), New Haven, CTFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: ability to work remotely, free lunches and coffee bar
Higher One was a fun company to work at. Salaried employees do not "punch a clock" and came come and go as long as their job functions are being completed. The sense of teams is great and every coworker was a pleasure to work with. The ability to work remotely was greatly appreciated in the winter on snowy days.
Poor appreciation of employees true needs
Client Services Representative (Former Employee), New Haven, CTFebruary 9, 2014
I do not wish to comment about this company after being moved to a department I was not trained to work in
Not a good company
customer care (Former Employee), new havenFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours of work, poor management, little training, low pay, bad health insurance, no communication, no recognition
I was excited when I started to work for the company, but they don't give you enough training to perform your job. When the busiest time is over they let you go using any stupid excuse.
Nice group of folks
Seasonal Home Based Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 31, 2013
Pros: work from home, convenient schedule
Cons: temporary
Fun, professional environment. Be on time. Do what is asked to complete the task. Treat others with respect.
Work from home bilingual customer service agent (Current Employee), Work from homeOctober 18, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: it is seasonal
The best place to work, I love this job, nice people, excellent training program and flexibles in your schedule, This is my first season working with them and praying to get called again for next season, GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Tries to do too much with too little
Professional (Former Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 18, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule, good work/life balance, free lunch, free coffee bar, ping pong, foosball, free parking
Cons: low salary, poor healthcare, high turnover
This company is young and experiencing growing pains. It's a prime example of trying to accomplish everything under the sun with not enough resources. The company has a top-heavy feel with too many managers and not enough lower level positions to get the work done.

The culture is shifting from a fun small company to a larger company that's trying to – more... learn how to balance the needs of its shareholders with the needs of its employees. Because of this, the employee turnover is strangely high.

There are some good perks like free lunches, a free gym, lounges with ping pong and foosball, a free coffee bar in the lobby, and flexible schedules (not for all employees). However, those perks might not make up for the low salaries and poor health benefits. Raises are hard to come by, so if you're negotiating for a position, aim high with your salary request. – less
Productive but Fun Environment
Corporate Development Manager (Current Employee), New Haven, CTOctober 16, 2013
Pros: free lunch, on-site gym, free coffee bar, monthly beer carts
Cons: compensation below market
Higher One is a very good place to work as work-life balance is a staple of the culture. Each employee is encouraged to think outside the box and present ideas to management without fear of having your manager take credit. Innovation is the centerpiece of the company and is cultivated at every level of the organization.
Banking
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee), New Haven, CTAugust 1, 2013
Overall a nice job to have great location however I wasn't to fond of management. I enjoyed the stellar training courses and contest we would have.
no review
home based agent (Current Employee), New Haven, CTMarch 19, 2013
Pros: good schedule
Cons: high cost of benefits, no advance opportunities
friendly co workers, no advancement. no raises, high insurance costs, no communication with customer service
GREAT AND COMFORTABLE ATMOSPHERE.
Customer Service (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJanuary 25, 2013
It was a nice comfortable setting. I learned alot with customer care and supplying quality needs. Also the proper way to verify accounts.
Talk the Talk, but don't walk the walk
Professional (Former Employee), New Haven, CTNovember 19, 2012
Pros: nice amenities (gym, free coffee and lunch), casual work environment, flexible schedules for most
Cons: pay is low, benefits are very cheap and heads roll without warning (frequently)
This company certainly promotes themselves as being a great place to work, but it's all internal marketing. If you say it enough times it must be true. In reality, they view the employee population as pawns who are of no use beyond their work.

Management is inexperienced. Feedback given to employees is next to none. I believe they view the review process – more... as a nuisance instead of a tool to develop employees. They are far more likely to go external instead of promoting from within. Also a lot of inconsistency throughout the company. High performers in one area leave while incompetence carries on in others. – less
A very good banking service company.
Customer Care Representative (CCR) (Former Employee), New Haven, CTApril 20, 2012
They want to help colleges and students alike in doing the best business for them and the coworkers are just great.
At home work available.
At Home CSR (Former Employee), New Haven, CTFebruary 27, 2012
Pros: great people and good pay.
Cons: hard to move up.
Treat you well, but micro manage. You can't advance unless you are PERFECT. One little error on a call and they hold you back. And they will not move you to a better suited position unless you get excellent on your calls.
This company is a fine for helping with colleges and the student body with banking services.
CCR (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJanuary 21, 2012
Anyone looking for a good company should looking into them.
Productive and good team work with lots of fun
QA Lead & HP QC ALM Admin (Current Employee), HPMarch 8, 2014
Pros: flexible timing
Cons: poor management and less job security
Nice work place to work with my interactive teammates. Workplace where we can learn many new things and very supportive manager when we try to enhance our career into new technology.
Product oriented company with free lunch
QA Lead & HP QC ALM Admin (Current Employee), ChennaiJune 19, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: only 2 active projects
Leading a team here and the drawback is like only 2 active projects.

About Higher One

The higher ambition at Higher One Holdings is to facilitate higher education payments. The company provides payment processing – Read more