Highland General Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Definitely a learning experience
Clinical Externship III (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 18, 2015
During my internship there always seemed to be some kind of confusion of whom I was supposed to be working with each day. Despite the dysfunction and confusion I was able to learn a great deal. In the ED things moved fast and the team really seemed to have a firm grasp of how to handle whatever trauma that may roll in its doors.
Cons
long commute, parking
New Experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 11, 2012
File papers; make copies, child care assistant, data entry and supervising other youth employees
Great experience as a starting Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 17, 2012
The environment that I was surrounded with while my time at Highland General Hosptial was such a comfortable working environment. I've learned so much from physicians I had the chance to work with on a one on one basis as well as other medical assistants. I have learned to work in a fast paced environment an work smarter not harder by doing this safes so much time on other tasks in this field. I always enjoyed coming in early to have things ready for the big day ahead, i would wipe down counter tops and prepare patients room and restock supplies that were needed. Communication skills between co- workers made it such a pleasure to be around.