Highland Hospital Employee Reviews

Busy department
Registration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Picayune, MSFebruary 10, 2018
Very busy, sometimes high stress work environment. Managed several employees and day to day operations within a hospital setting. Constant patient interaction providing registration services for various areas within the hospital care. Great team working together to provide the best possible first face encounter to patients.
Long hours with hardly any down time.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVFebruary 9, 2018
Be prepared to be paid very poorly. Overworked. Very stressful. Often get abused by the patients, which may sometimes send you to the ER. It's a cutthroat job
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Low pay, hostile environment, unsafe eork environment
Productive, fast paced, competetive workplace.
FOOD SERVICE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 7, 2018
I really enjoyed my job. T staff was amazing to many degrees and it was fulfilling work. I think management needed work around the time I was there and that would be my only issue.
This was an amazing place to work.
Pros
Fast paced, great pay, great co-workers.
Cons
Advancement, management.
I enjoyed my time there. Great people and I enjoyed working with the patients
BHT( Behavorial Health Tech) (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 31, 2018
Highland Hospital is a place for mental patients, patients with drug addictions and children/ adolescents with behavioral issues. I was a challenge when I first started not knowing exactly what I had signed up for. But, over time it became one of the best places I’ve ever worked at. I enjoyed the patients and we had a good staff whom most enjoyed their jobs as well
fun to work
Housekeeper/ Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Enjoying work..Friendly and helpful co workers. but the A. M. supervisors doesnt know how to do her job. Friendly staff and all the employees of highland hospital are very friendly.
Pros
friendly staff, fun to work
Cons
supervisor suck in the morning
wonderful staff and caring peoplw
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 25, 2018
i loved my residents and the people i worked with most of the time you could tell who cared and who was there just for a paycheck residents could tell also good place to be i loved it hard work though
Pros
only 3 days to work
Cons
short staffed made it hard it not for the weak
Advancement
UA Supervisor/Point of Care Testing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 24, 2018
I went from a routine bench tech to a supervisor level in a short period of time. This allowed me to get out of the lab and interact with other departments in the hospital.
Highland
Equipment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 23, 2018
This is a great place to work.Everyone there is very motivated to work, they all have great attitudes and are always willing to go out of their way to help when help is needed.
I really enjoyed the environment that I worked in
Medical Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 15, 2018
The Staff was very supportive of making sure that I understood the responsibilities that were given to me.

I enjoyed the interaction that I make with the patients, customer, staff and co-workers.

I would go back to work for the company any time
Pros
great working environment
Family oriented
Patient Registration Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 15, 2018
During the time I was employed at highland hospital, I had previously came from Strong hospital and there was a big difference in the two although they are now affiliated with each other. Highland definitely had more of a family feel to it as it is a smaller hospital.
For anyone who is looking to work here I think that although there is always work to be done, the type of person should be aware that it is not as stressful as strong hospital due to the actual size of the hospital and its demands.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
not as fast paced
Stepping Stone Place
FOOD SERVICE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 9, 2018
If you are new to the workforce and want to get your foot in the door with experience, you want to find yourself here so that you can maximize the opportunity to develop a bit of skillset in an hospital environment.
Highland Hospital
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 4, 2018
At Highland Hospital I was an intern and I was able to work within many different departments. I was able to work within the morgue, the nursery, and the radiology department.
Pros
Only 4 hours of work
Cons
Internship so not able to stay long
Nice place to work. Nice staff.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 23, 2017
Nice place to work. Nice staff. Unable to obtain more hours. Clean environment, offsite parking difficult in winter, but Security was available in case needed.
Good days and bad days but very poor pay
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVDecember 22, 2017
A typical day at work is monitoring patients and making sure their needs are met, not very exciting at all.
I learned a lot about mental health and people'sbehavior.
The pay was absolutely terrible and there is not much opportunity to advance.
Pros
U have your own routine/pace
Cons
Pay
My Review Summary
Phlebotomist/ Temp (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 9, 2017
I love working for highland hospital, a day at work was really good.
Iearned that you must be able to draw blood fast and know what you are doing.. Management was there when and if you needed them. work place was a mixed with niece people, to me there were no hard parts of the job. I like meeting people so injoyed working as a phlebotomist.
Pros
I think you need to know someone that works there.
Cons
If; you don"t know anyone that works there, you won"t g, et hired.
Organization entrenched in politics
Nurse Manager, OB (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 8, 2017
Highly politicized environment made it difficult to work in. Staff was often made to feel like Strong's "ugly stepchild". Not much room for personal growth.
Learned a lot
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 21, 2017
Working in the healthcare field, I worked closely with the Operating Room by assembling trays and sterilizing trays. I assisted also for any turn over trays.
Amazing
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 17, 2017
The staff and management at Highland is incredible
the patients are great
Coworkers and nurses are amazing to work with
Love my work place environment
Pros
Awesome
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, WVNovember 10, 2017
The day at work was nothing hard but it was definitely a fast paced environment. I was in the billing department so it was a new experience, but I was full time but unexpectedly got put to part time.
Pros
New experience
Cons
No hours
Enjoyable place to complete a preceptorship
Student Practical Nurse- Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVNovember 9, 2017
As a student nurse at Highland, I learned a variety of skills and concepts. I am very grateful for the learning opportunity that this facility provided me.
Pros
enjoyable environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Highland Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.