Highland Hospital

Highland Hospital Employee Reviews

Current Employee( per diem)
Anonymous (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMay 28, 2015
Pros: Friendly atmosphere
Cons: parking
Great place to work!, would recommend anyone. I have been working for this hospital almost 2 years. I think its the best hospital in Rochester to work for.
Has the best healthcare for inner city Oakland
ICU CLINICAL PHARMACIST (Former Employee), Alameda, CAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Some progressive pharmacy services
Cons: poor treatment of employees
Highland has the best physicians that I have ever met and the most interesting clientele ever. As an interactive and involved clinical professional was a joy. Treatment of the staff is grotesque.
productive and a good enviorment
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMay 12, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
a typical day was professional i learned to give my best at what i did and to get along with everyone else, the management was perfessional and they gave me the respect that i wanted as i did them, also same with the co-workers i treated everyone equally as they did to me. the most enjoyable part of the jobe was to be able to work with others
productive fun work
ER-Registration (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMay 8, 2015
Pros: free breaks
Cons: free breaks
i learn new thing on epic
Its was a very typical day at work
management very good handle
co worker teach every thing i needed
most ejoyoble its working with patients
Feels like home
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 23, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: over worked
I worked the front desk at a very busy surgical office. Many times we were understaffed and over worked. I turley enyoyed the staff including the doctors i worked with. they made the stress of work all worth while
Relaxed environment, and goal oriented team members
Accounting Technician I (Current Employee), South Charleston, WVApril 9, 2015
Pros: Relaxed environment with maximum results
Cons: 30 minute lunch
A typical day at work, I would walk into my office with door wide open and gather the papers to ready them for the day ahead. A few breaks between keying data would make for a nice stroll along the river. Come back to my office and do the days work until completed. Usually meant month or year end closing, depending on what time of year ;)

What I learned? Everything! I came to Highland Hospital with no prior knowledge of accounting or payroll nor accounts payable. Everything I do on a daily basis, as if I had been doing it my whole life, was taught to me over the years of working here.

Being in the Fiscal area of Highland Hospital, there really is no "hardest part of the job". My own office, work at my on pace, getting praise for a job well done at the end of each month.

The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am apart of a team that promotes the health and safety of the mentally/emotionally challenged.
very interesting place to work.
Carpenter (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 30, 2015
Pros: pay is good health care is fair
Cons: too many management changes
management is constantly changing, clients are fun to work for. staff in general is pleasant to work with. building is modern and clean.
Great place to work good Benefits and good pay
Health Information Management Technician II (Current Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 26, 2015
A very great place to work. They offer great pay and good benefits. Highland Hospital and Alameda system is a great organization.
Wonderful workplace
East 5 Medical Surgical/GYN Oncology, RN (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 19, 2015
Highland is very dedicated to their employees. They provide a great training program to make sure you are prepared for your work day.
Wonderful place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: the staff, benefits
When I worked at Highland hospital, I worked evenings. I learned a lot about the medical field and the importance of keeping the hospital free of germs.

My manager and supervisor were wonderful to work for and with. I also enjoyed the crew that I worked with.
fast pace place working place, great place to learn!
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Oakland, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: flexible break hours
Cons: healthcare
I was rotated in different clinics, every week. Great experience.
multicultural place , friendly place great people.
Great rehab team, not so great management
OT (Former Employee), therapyFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: benefits, team culture
Cons: mid-level management, parking at south ave lot and hiking through the elements daily
Typical day=8-15 patients on a therapist's schedule. Usually manageable, IF you're kept to 1-2 units. That is not always the case and some days, you may float to 5 different floors, including ICU and Emergency Dept. Attend staff meetings every few weeks, unit meetings every few months.

Great environment for learning how to quickly evaluate and treat ortho, geriatrics and neuro patients, while working with a wide variety of medical professionals. You will learn how to work with people of all ages, cultures and abilities.

Management= the single reason for my resignation. The worst interpersonal skills, not everyone is treated the same (i.e. some can flex schedules more than others). Staying past your scheduled time is pretty much expected. When you do need to flex your time, it becomes a huge issue. Come in a few minutes later, so that there isn't 5 people trying to fit into one tiny little office with 2 computers to use, you'll asked why you're tardy. Mixed communication, constantly. Told that you need to cover time off, then next time you will be told that's not the policy and to leave it up to the higher ups. If you call in to say you'll be late, expect a phone call later from asking where you are...even in horrible road conditions. The list goes on...even per diem staff have had issues. However, nothing seems to be done to help the situation. So, sadly it looks as though they will keep loosing quality occupational therapists. I hope for the team, they will recognize and re-evaluate that simply pumping out a high volume of patients doesn't equal an effective leader. The orientation – more... process is okay, if you're an experience therapist. Expect to be on your own in learning though.

Co-workers are an amazing group of talented and thoughtful individuals. Everyone is always willing to help each other throughout the day when needed. Again, the biggest issue (ever per diem therapist recognize it) is the "leadership" within the small OT dept.

HH is overall a great and small community hospital. – less
Nice place to work
Clinical Medical Technologist/ Safety Officer (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 9, 2015
People are friendly, work challenging, focused on process improvement and meeting financial and hospital goal for reimbursement by government
Family Oriented Patient Care
NST Nurse/CPN System Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 15, 2014
Development and Implementation of CPN in the Labor Unit, NST Lab and started for Newborn Nursery and Special Care Nursery
This is where I learned to build in CPN
I did NSTs daily - up to 100 a week
I enjoyed working with the patients and reassuring them that their baby was healthy.
I enjoyed creating documentation in CPN that would enhance end users documentation for accuracy and efficiency.
very friendly staff
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Charleston, WVDecember 10, 2014
I liked the staff very well but the job had no advancement or raises. Management there is very helpful and understanding.
Productive good work enviroment. In house gym for employees and patients
Medical Records Tech. (Current Employee), Clarksburg, WVDecember 9, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: no room for advancement with in the company
Confirm all patient discharges. Pick up and deliever any and all patient information to the units. Complete all discharged patients files in a timely manor. Audit them once complete to see what all defiencies are on chart. Track these threw Excel spread sheet, to ensure acurate information so the Dr's know what neeeds to be completed and by when. Handle all calls regarding released ect.
Easy going atmosphere
Patient Registration Associate (Current Employee), Rochester, NYNovember 19, 2014
Pros: flexibility with management
Cons: 30 minutes from home in good weather
Patients are easy going, and I enjoy getting to know them as they are seen on routine basis (most of them) for follow up appointments.
patient care tech
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Rochester, NYNovember 18, 2014
Highland Hospital was a great place to work at. I learned so much working for them. I was trained in Phlebotomy within their company and maintained on going CPR certifications. I learned from many of the coworkers I worked hands on with. They all shared with me their knowledge and in turn I took what I learned and applied it to many other things i currently do in my current job as an insurance examiner.
Productive and hard workers
Volunteer (Former Employee), Oakland, CAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: i get free lunch every day.
Cons: i get 15 min break for every 2hrs i work..
I go to Volunteer three days for 4hrs my day starts off with me arriving there early go grab a cup of coffee then walk to the security booth and greet the lady and gentleman sign in and head on up to my department as always i have a smile on my face and greet my co workers, then i get to my desk and get my day started. Since i've worked at highland i learn many different tasks Insurance Policies and how the systems work everyone is very helpful i just love it.The best part of Volunteer at highland is i get to meet patient and understand them. but overall it gave me new experience and it boost my skills in the medical field even more and i love it
good core nursing staff with years of experience
Critical Care Float Pool nurse (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: no unit politics due to multi unit job. was able to be an outsider looking in on each unit
Cons: short staffed at times with removal of aides and slack seemed to land on nursing
Enjoyed moving from unit to unit and working with a large number of staff throughout the hospital. Most units had a great core staff that were welcoming to the floats and assistance was offered when needed.

1 2 3 4

About Highland Hospital

The buzz about the University of Rochester is music to some ears. While the private, upstate New York research¬†university is nationally – Read more

Highland Hospital Salaries