Highland Hospital Employee Reviews

Dont bring your child here
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVApril 25, 2017
Highland Clarksburg is the worse place to work. Favoritism runs ramped and the "new" unqualified management has no clue about behavioral health or how to treat employees or the patients for that matter. You will never move up in this company unless you agree to cover things up and become a robot for the management team.
The best place I have ever worked
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 20, 2017
Highland is a small enough hospital that people get to know all the staff, and it makes the job easier.The doctors and the Nursing staff were generally very kind, and had a good relationship with Pharmacy staff. Being a 24 hour pharmacy was also helpful.
Pros
Employees are treated well.
The right size
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 7, 2017
Hospital with the ability to provide quality health care without being overly massive in size. Connected to a tertiary hospital for assistance when needed.
Nice Employee culture
Registered Nurse, Level II, SDSU (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 4, 2017
Pros: Small, community hospital and vibe; employees nice to work with; cons: need more staffing; more flexibility with schedules; parking is not great.
No comment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 30, 2017
Its a great place to work very busy, alot of hrs available if alloted. Raises every year if requirments are met. Oppurtunity for promotions if your dedicated to advance
wonderful workplace
CPT TECH II (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 21, 2017
Highland is a great place to work but it is very hard work on a daily basis but very rewarding..The culture at Highland was very Diverse. I learned that the care of patients is the most important thing. Management always made sure that the job got done no matter how short staffed we were. The hardest part of being a Phlebotomist at Highland was responding to a Level 1 Trauma and watching a patient expire right in front of me. The most enjoyable part of my job was making a patient laugh or smile. I learned so much about myself as a person by working there for 10yrs. I'm very grateful I had the opportunity to get the experience that I got
Pros
the patient gets proper medical care
Cons
being short staffed for the day
Productive and engaging work place
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 14, 2017
Highland promotes productivity and engaging employees with the patients, and also how to better the work environment. This establishment provides quality care in a caring environment.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Healthcare, short breaks
Workplace review
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 14, 2017
Good place to work in Rochester, NY. Fair pay for physician assistant. Small hospital to work for. Staff is ok to work with. Good amount of time off each year.
Pros
Good ambiance
Cons
PAs have to work 1 in every 5 weekends
Productive and fun place to work
Housekeeping/Laundry/maintaince (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 2, 2017
Co workers works great together and safety of their patient that comes in for help on every personal issues that the patient need to on in lives.
a GREAT place to work
Outpatient Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 18, 2017
I work in a very busy fast paced office with a variety of people. Its a very fun place, we all get along well but its also very professional and proficient. The hardest part is completing every task daily, because of sheer volume, but with time management is obtainable. The very best part is the patients, many of which we greet by name and who have come to know the staff as well.
Very small and friendly.
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Picayune, MSFebruary 16, 2017
Wonderful people, very good doctors.
I would recommend this facility. The staff is very good at what they do. Very clean.
You learn something new every work day.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 12, 2017
New building with state of the art equipment and friendly staff who are supportive of new employees. CNA seems to be a shortage and they ask me to stay an extra shift almost everytime I work.
Pros
New building is very welcoming. Staff friendly and supportive of registry.
Cons
Parking during weekdays. Employee parking not available to registry.
productive
Specialist Radiology Clerk/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 7, 2017
Great work place culture, enjoyed working here. I learned a lot in such short term (1yr) working there. My co workers where amazing just like a family, we took passion in our work and enjoyed helping others
nice environment
DIETARY OFFICE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 24, 2017
workplace culture is wonderful. The management is very respectable and the standards are very high. I've met some of the sweetest people working at Highland Hospital
this is not the company I worked for.
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 17, 2017
this is not the company I worked for. I had to put something. I worked for an amazing company in Charleston WV. Even my boss was great.
It was a great place to work and had some ping pong tables and basketball court.
Behavioral Technician (Former Employee) –  Kanawha City, WVJanuary 10, 2017
The typical day at work was watching over the patients. I learned how to take a manual blood pressure. The management was always there and would support and back you up. My co-workers were great and would always help you out if you needed it. Hardest part of the job was balancing keeping order and trying to calm patients down. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the patients smile.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Nice place to work with options for advancement.
RN (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 5, 2017
This is a nice company to work for. They have several options of specialty to pick from. They also offer options for advancement. Like any hospital setting the shifts can vary.
Pros
Good benefits
Interesting
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 21, 2016
There are a lot of different tasks involved in volunteering at Highland Hospital. Volunteers are taught by other volunteers, which is difficult.
strong greeting in the morning from co workers you see peple from all walks of life when working at highland the hardest part of the job is death
Operating Room Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 2, 2016
productive and fun work place with very nice professional people who walked you through situations if you had a problem
Pros
after work get togethers to build strong employee relatioship
Cons
i was only temporary
Great Learning experience
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 14, 2016
My time there as a Nursing Student was very educational and I as able to learn a lot there. It is very different than working at the smaller hospitals that were available through my school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Highland Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.