HIGHLANDS MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Very bad place to work, especially for a mid manager
Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALJanuary 16, 2018
This facility was the most poorly run hospital I ever worked at. Department heads were ignored by upper management except when something happened. Then, it was the fault of the department head. In my case, since our Center had to be accredited, I had certain standards to meet. Upper management told me to lie to the review board about compliance. When I refused, I was terminated. This is an example of the environment. By the way, it took three people to replace me.
Pros
Pay was okay
Cons
Upper management completely incompetent.
So Glad I Left
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALDecember 29, 2017
The only thing I miss is my coworkers. Management made it clear that employees were replaceable and did not seem to truly care about them. The staffing ratios were dangerous a lot of times with nurses caring for way too many patients to be safe. When approached, management would dismiss concerns. Would not go back as an employee.
very high passed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALSeptember 20, 2017
always on your toes as soon as you get done with one thing there is 3 more to do but I loved it. My grandparent died when I was young so by working here it was like having 15 grandparents and being able to help them with the things they need help with on a daily basis was a very wonderful feeling. The hardest part of this job would most definitely be when a patient was lost or when one recovered enough to go home and the two of you had become close that one would be tough but also be enjoyable because you knew they were going back home to their family and continue on.
admissions
Admissions (Current Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALSeptember 13, 2017
ER admissions clerk, I work with people as they come in for emergencies through the emergency room department of highlands medical center. I am a PRN so I work different shifts.
Highlands medical center
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALSeptember 13, 2017
Well, ever since our unit manager and DON have retired, the place really has had no management worth a spit. The hospital does provide good care and the staff are great. However, the pay is low, no raises and god forbid, you waste any money there.
Pros
none anymore
Cons
everything
Remote position
Outpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALJune 30, 2017
A typical work day for me was to get up early and start working from a wordlist list provided by the employer. My supervisor was very nice and knew I would perform my daily duties independently each day. The most enjoyable part of the job was working remote and having my work available each day.
Enjoyed employment
IMAGING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALJune 2, 2017
The time I spent working at Highlands is a highlight of my adult working life. I looked forward to going in every day. It was a pleasure to assist the patients as my primary responsibility was to transport them to x-ray ect..
Pros
Most everything
Cons
management was lax.
I really liked working here, stupid for leaving
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prestonsburg, KYMay 6, 2017
Had great benefits, a nice supervisor, enjoyed what I did. the work was very enjoyable, I worked at my own pace, Learned a lot.

The company encourage you to further your education, offered advancement, gave raises,.
Pros
got breaks, pay was good, good insurance, 401 k
Cons
there really wasnt much except for politics but that is everywhere
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALMarch 1, 2017
Great people and very friendly work environment. It is a very busy environment and there is tremendous learning potential. Management is easy to work with as well as all staff members.
Nice work environment
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALNovember 30, 2016
I enjoy the work environment the staff is very friendly and helpful. My co-worker has been very helpful and training me. My boss is a very nice lady.
Pros
Benefits and work environment
Cons
Setting for to long

Want to know more about HIGHLANDS MEDICAL CENTER?

Ask a question
Small underfunded hospital
STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALAugust 27, 2016
Great co workers, professional. This hospital was underfunded, they were always calling me off work. The pay was not up to industry standards.
Productive and great place to work.
Environmental Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALNovember 23, 2015
Learned new skills in housekeeping and sanation in a medical setting. Had great co-workers that were lovely to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job were meeting new people and helping people.
Pros
Professional and productive work environment.
RN/Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALAugust 20, 2015
Professional and productive work environment. Team work is essential. I have been able to grow and learn as a registered nurse.
Great patient care
MLT (Former Employee) –  LaboratoryApril 7, 2015
Highlands Medical Center is a patient oriented facility with great leadership that delivers top notch care and is fully able to compete with ant surrounding facility.
Pros
Work enviroment
Cons
Small facility
NREMT-CCP-ITLS INSTACLSINSTPALSINSTFIRSTAIDCPRINST (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALMarch 1, 2014
Working at Highland is just a job I am currently seeking a career where the benefits are great and i can make affordable living.That work enviroment is less than to be desired sub standard equipment ambulances falling apart pay is non existant you can make more money flipping burgers at mac donalds. The living conditions are deplorable people dont get enough rest.Outer stations have to work 24 hour shifts but only get paid for 13 hours and 20 minutes 3 timms a week to git there 40 hours a week. for the most part your co- workers work togethere as well as they can.
Pros
Cons
all of the above
student
student (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALOctober 24, 2013
was a student doing a clinical rotation. was not employed at this facility. learned a lot while I was there
Productive Work Place
Materials Management  (Former Employee) –  Sparta, TNMay 16, 2013
• Compiled and maintained records of quantity, cost, and type of material received
• Stocked, issued, and prepared material requisitions.
• Compared information on requisitions, invoices, and shipping notices to material received or issued
WOnderful staff and family oriented
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dunedin, FLSeptember 3, 2012
ma position performing all nursing req,.fun friendly doctors, small town that loved the staff as well.
Pros
family friendly
could be a better work place if everyone was treated equally.
ER Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALMarch 27, 2012
I am a very dedicated work, I try to do the best job I can and get to work on time and when scheduled to work. Will put my all into what I need to do.Help fellow co-workers and patients.
Fun and friendly place to work.
Phlebotomist/ Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALMarch 22, 2012
Everyone always tried to have fun. The Doctors were egar to help and confident in thier abilities.
Pros
you could earn paid time off.
Cons
if you did not use your pto you lost it.