Highlands Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good place to work, poor management
PC Specialist (Current Employee) –  Prestonsburg, KYFebruary 16, 2017
Highlands has poor management. Managing staff and finances seem to be an ongoing problem here. Impossible and unrealistic expectations are what drove me away from this job. Wanting me to travel and also maintain a high call volume. Taking other employees words and using it to enforce punishments without any proof. The list goes on and on.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
employees are just numbers
Terrible management
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Prestonsburg, KYJanuary 13, 2017
It's a good place to add to your resume, staffing issues and poor management doesn't make for a good work environment. Compensation is terrible and not competitive with surrounding facilities.
I worked 7 pm to 7 am. It was a hard fast paced job but I loved it
PCT / office assistant (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLJanuary 4, 2017
The people I worked with were great hard working people. That was one tough job but I have a type of personality that will get my hands dirty and help out where and when ever I could. I helped the front desk learning the computer very well and microsoft office suites and much more. Team work is huge in the heath industry. I worked with a great caring group of people.
Pros
Helping people, watching them get better, making them smile on a rough day
Cons
long hours, short breaks, night shift, death, and mean Dr.with the God like syndrome
Making a difference in patient's lives
Director Cardioulmonary / Sleep Echo EEG EKG (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLDecember 10, 2016
Managing and assisting staff with the workload. Loved the fact that I can make a difference in other peoples' lives by assisting to their needs. To make them comfortable and by relating to them by alieving their fears of being hospitalized.
The staff and I always made our job fun and we all were aware of the impact we had on patients.
Management skills were at times challenging but we always kept it in perspective by applying our thoughts and ideas with other directors.
My co-workers were a great team that thought things through together, no one was ever alone to fend for themselves.
The hardest part of the job was being able to maintain the productivity vs. patient care. The staff and I always managed to make it work.
Being part of a great team was the most enjoyable part of my job!
Pros
Being part of an awesome team
Cons
Not enough tiime in the day
poor management
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJanuary 29, 2017
learned that it is a siloed atmosphere, management is underqualified, good ole boy system, resistant to change. Has a tendency employ people that know less than they do. Most co workers are nice but cliques are rampant there, bullying prevails. Most enjoyable job is going home at the end of the day.
Pros
Cons
management
Family environment
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLJanuary 10, 2017
It was a great experience to be part of this organization. Some of my life changing moments occurred while employed here, like the birth of my twins. All the staff went out of there way to ensure I had plenty of time at home with my newborns during the transition and adjustment period associated with bringing babies home from the hospital.
Enjoyable
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Prestonsburg, KYJanuary 14, 2017
Enjoyed watching our patients grow into toddlers and working with other physicians.
Enjoyed with the my coworkers and physicians.
Management was neglectful with offsite clinics.
Excellent group of individuals to work with.
Patient Access Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Prestonsburg, KYJuly 13, 2013
Working at Highlands Regional has introduced me to many professional and highly skilled individuals. I have learned very much, which helped lead me to be promoted to department supervisor shortly after obtaining my degree. A day in my position is very hectic. Bouncing back and forth between different sites within the department keeps me busy, but I love it! My co-workers throughout my employment have ranged from questionable to amazing. After my promotion, many of my co-workers became my employees. However, it was not an entirely smooth transition, they now see that I support them, and I have earned their respect. The most enjoyable part of my job is working closely with the patients. I enjoy providing a service to the people in my community and being able to help them when they had lost hope. I can't honestly identify the hardest part of my job.
Pros
benefits, physicians, excellent providers
Cons
Staff shortage
Lots of new experiences
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALSeptember 2, 2016
Best place I've ever worked. Very diverse work from each unit. Loved the employees. Always there to help you and have a vast knowledge they are willing to share.
Productive and great environment to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FLJune 29, 2015
I learn many things everyday. I have some wonderful co-workers and some not so wonderful coworkers but that is ok because people are people and it does not conflict with our work environment. The hardest part of the job is giving patients bad news and trying to make them feel anthing but bad, sad, and depressed. The best part of the job is being able to help take care of the patients and their needs.
Pros
Health benefits and Time off benefits
Most Enjoyable part of my job.
Physical Therapy office manager (Former Employee) –  Paintsville, KYDecember 5, 2015
The most enjoyable part about my job was getting to know the patients. I enjoyed hearing their story's of how they ended up in PT. The best part was that their time at PT, although sometimes short, you grew attached to the person and you were even more happy for them when they got discharged. I didn't just see the patients as a statistic or just some one who needed pt. I saw them as a human being who need help. Someone who put their faith their trust in us to help them get back to 100% again. I was sad to see them leave, but never the less I was so happy that the great team I worked with helped all of out patients get back to feeling new again. That's what I enjoyed about my job.
great work place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLFebruary 11, 2016
The full team at highlands are top notch. every nurse, doctor, cna works as a team and never afraid to step in and do something to help their patients and co workers!
Highlands Regional Medical Center
medical surgical LPN floor nurse (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLOctober 28, 2013
Very patient oriented. Worked as a floor nurse. Sometimes the nurse to patient ratio was too high and didn't receive much help from management. However, I think it just depended on the manager. My co- workers were great to work with and we worked well as a team. Enjoyed patient care.
A day at HRMC
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLAugust 23, 2015
Well this particular hospital had some major staffing problems and in the end, the patients are the ones who suffered which was not fair.
Cons
not enough staffing for any shift which lead to poor patient care
ok place to work, management clueless
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Prestonsburg, KYNovember 25, 2012
I liked my job but management was clueless. had no idea what a day to day job entailed. only made up more rules to go by.
Cons
no parking or safety provided for employees
could be so much better
ED RN USS (Former Employee) –  Prestonsburg, KYFebruary 12, 2014
Currently it is not a safe place to work. High nurse to patient ratio. Has the potential to be an excellent asset to the community once changes in upper level management are made.
Great company to work for.
Surgical Assistant, PCT, Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLAugust 24, 2014
Busy work environment helpful staff and management. I recommend this company.
Great people, hard to work with people, new experiences
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLMay 29, 2014
Some people are great, others are ready to use whatever it takes to get ahead. Days are busy and lots of new people are met. Best part of the job is the awesome learning experiences with great doctors.
It was okay
Infection Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prestonsburg, KYApril 2, 2014
It was a long time ago and now they have remodeled and hired new. It was a friendly place and easy going. For being out of school the first time, the pay was great!
Pros
Pay, team work, friendly
A small rural hospital offering excellent healthcare
Radiological Technologist/Radiology Secretary (Former Employee) –  Sparta, TNJune 27, 2013
A small rural hospital nestled on the rim of the plateau in beautiful middle TN. Offering superb healthcare in a quiet small town setting.
Pros
Many opportunies to learn and grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Highlands Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Highlands Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location