Highlights for Children Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great Environment & Great People
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 5, 2017
Great place to work. Very well managed with good corporate direction. HFC is an institution with solid foundation. The only reason I left the company was to work closer to home.
Pros
Great Company
Excellent Place to Work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 19, 2017
This was the best job I ever held. Management was very supportive and helpful, the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly, the pay was good, the vacation time was good and paid holidays were excellent. There were many employee functions and the morale was very good. Most folks who worked there have been there for many years. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a position in an office.
Pros
Great atmosphere, good pay, good training, nice staff
Cons
No cons
Fun and Productive Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 10, 2017
It is always something going on there such as contests, potlucks, etc. Employees were great but felt like managers and higher up personnel were not professional in talking about and not being truthful with temporary employees.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Honesdale, PAJuly 20, 2017
I think it is a good job , informative , fellow employees are great to work with , supervisors are very helpful and willing to train employees . comfortable work environment
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No healthcare
Fun and professional
Freelance Illustrator (Current Employee) –  Honesdale, PAMay 8, 2017
This long time children's magazine has a family like atmosphere and is an enjoyable company. You have freedom of designing and illustrating "Hidden Pictures" can produce as many pictures as you want. The pay is very good!
Creative Work Environment
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 4, 2017
It's a work culture of night and day compared to the Financial Services industry where I worked most of my career. Instead of swimming with the sharks, one is surrounded by stuffed animals and much other artistic decor to tickle the intellect. A very fun place to work.
A great place to work
Data Services (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 26, 2016
I enjoyed working at Highlights. The people were all so nice and were all willing to help each other. When I worked there it was more like a close knit family than it was a workplace.
Pros
Very enjoyable place to work
Cons
There weren't any
Call Center
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Grandview OhioFebruary 20, 2015
It is a ok place to work if you don't mind having to upsell hundreds of dollars of extra merchandise to make goal. I felt like a shifty sales person trying to take advantage of people who wanted a clean reading activity for the kids. Did not enjoy having to push to sell more products to make their goals.Otherwise told we were not a necessary department if we did not make their extra goal dollars. Lots of Cancelations from customers who felt taken advantage of do to the get a free book if you send this back, then ended up enrolled in a book club with monthly charges.
Pros
Good childrens magazine.
Cons
Pushed to make up sells or you dont get to keep your job.
Fun workplace, bad management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grandview, OHDecember 16, 2014
The position was really repetitive we would take inbound calls regarding magazine subscriptions. I learned how to be a great sales person from this position, my co-workers were great I enjoyed being able to work with them. The hardest part of the job was getting over my fear of hearing "no" from the customer, but I worked hard and conquered that fear. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the customers who called in confused, just being able to give them clarity was the best part.
Highlights
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 1, 2014
Highlights for children was a decent place to work for. I felt as if the pay couldve been better. Although what you do is very easy, it does get stressful. I feel that there marketing puts a toll on the reps answering the phones. I feel like they dont disclose a lot of things in there promotions which get a lot of angry customers calling and yelling at the reps.
Pros
Easy, fast paced
Cons
pay, customers, marketing
No Revenue... Outdated Product...
IT (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioApril 17, 2014
Save your time.. IT Mgt. is a joke..... If this company makes it another 10 years it will be a miracle...
Family owned business with iconic brand
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 10, 2014
Privately held publishing organization. Multi-channel business with strong roots in direct marketing.
Magazine
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 2, 2013
This company is great because not only are they a child hood memory it offer great ways of learning for children

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Highlights for Children. Our community is ready to answer.

Highlights for Children Reviews by Location