Highlights for Children Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Data Services (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 26, 2016
I enjoyed working at Highlights. The people were all so nice and were all willing to help each other. When I worked there it was more like a close knit family than it was a workplace.
Pros
Very enjoyable place to work
Cons
There weren't any
Call Center
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Grandview OhioFebruary 20, 2015
It is a ok place to work if you don't mind having to upsell hundreds of dollars of extra merchandise to make goal. I felt like a shifty sales person trying to take advantage of people who wanted a clean reading activity for the kids. Did not enjoy having to push to sell more products to make their goals.Otherwise told we were not a necessary department if we did not make their extra goal dollars. Lots of Cancelations from customers who felt taken advantage of do to the get a free book if you send this back, then ended up enrolled in a book club with monthly charges.
Pros
Good childrens magazine.
Cons
Pushed to make up sells or you dont get to keep your job.
Fun workplace, bad management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grandview, OHDecember 16, 2014
The position was really repetitive we would take inbound calls regarding magazine subscriptions. I learned how to be a great sales person from this position, my co-workers were great I enjoyed being able to work with them. The hardest part of the job was getting over my fear of hearing "no" from the customer, but I worked hard and conquered that fear. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the customers who called in confused, just being able to give them clarity was the best part.
Magazine
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 2, 2013
This company is great because not only are they a child hood memory it offer great ways of learning for children
Family owned business with iconic brand
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 10, 2014
Privately held publishing organization. Multi-channel business with strong roots in direct marketing.
No Revenue... Outdated Product...
IT (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioApril 17, 2014
Save your time.. IT Mgt. is a joke..... If this company makes it another 10 years it will be a miracle...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Highlights for Children. Our community is ready to answer.

Highlights for Children Reviews by Location