Highline Community College

Highline Community College Employer Reviews

Junior Accountant (Former Employee), Des Moines, WAFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: this was a job where i was, constantly, learning.
Cons: i had to leave for a better school.
This is where I learned about accounting, vaults, ten-keys, getting along with difficult co-workers, and that one is never too old to work.
The hardest part was leaving after 2 years of service, and I had to transfer to a university, from a junior college. The most enjoyable part of the job was the majority of the employees who were all team players.
great enviroment professionally
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 18, 2014
I learned diverse an office can be and how to adapt to my environment to keep my productivity up.
Helping students in their h.w and i really like helping other
A tutor (Current Employee), Des Moins,WADecember 27, 2013
I am working as work study in Highline community college. I enjoyed helping other and I fell more confidence in my subject which I tutor for.
Productive Work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Des Moines, WADecember 17, 2013
Truly enjoy working for this company, the benefits are great! Staff and faculty a pleasure to work for.
Tutoring Center Lead Assistant
Tutoring Center Assistant (Former Employee), Des Moines, WANovember 3, 2013
On a daily basis I made schedules for tutors as well as staff, sent emails, did filing and copying, and assisted students within the center
Servant leadership
Student Government (Former Employee), Des Moines, WAJune 12, 2013
Working for Highline Community College was a great experience. I learned so much about myself by listening to and serving my fellow students. I had the best supervisors ever!
Easy-going student job
Backroom Stocker/Cashier Help (Current Employee), Des Moines, WAMay 23, 2013
Pros: flexible with the college schedule
Cons: part time no benefits
This was a student job, so it had no benefits and was part time. It was just what you would expect from this type of job. Not good, not bad. My manager was wonderful though.
Fun place to Internship
Internship (Former Employee), Advising Dept.April 30, 2013
Pros: being around people i went to school with
Cons: no pay
It was very productive. Helping register students for school.
Productive and flexible place to work.
Financial Aid Assistant (Current Employee), Des Moines, WAMarch 16, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule.
Create, maintain, track and file student records, data entry, reports, assist staff and students.

Everyone is easy to get along with and a joy to work with.
Amazing Staff
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Des Moines, WAMarch 13, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule around classes
Cons: offered minimal hours
Main point of contact for all students inquiring about faculty, classes and schedules.

I learned how to work effectively with all different cultures and native languages.

My co-workers where always supportive, the hardest part of my job was always staying readily available even when I was most busy.

The best part about this job was all the friendship – more... and bonds I made with all the faculty and students. – less
Highline Community College is a great place to work!
Tutor (Former Employee), Des Moines, WAMarch 6, 2013
I was a student tutor at HCC and thoroughly enjoyed helping students with use of both software, including web design, and hardware of computers to help them reach higher proficiency for both school work and future careers. I also volunteered to help with ESL classroom work...this gave me a chance to meet students from all over the world who are trying – more... to make the American Dream become a reality. I worked toward a Certificate in Tutoring in the Writing Center and found it refreshing to help students parse out their thoughts and opinions in written form and to become more adept at the various types of essays in which to express them. – less
Great place to work!
Front Line Assistant (Former Employee), Women's ProgramsFebruary 21, 2013
I loved working here. I am sorry that I had to leave when my work study ended.
Productive and fast work place
Testing Proctor (Current Employee), Des Moines, WASeptember 25, 2012
Pros: environment
Cons: short hours
Really fast pase. I learned how to send and receive faxes. Make copies/scan.
Productive workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Des Moines, WAJuly 26, 2012
Pros: sometimes we got free lunches
Cons: job description is not definite
Good place to work. Great experience. I got to work as a receptionist as well as a leader and event planner. I learned about customer service skiils.
Work Study Position
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Des Moines, WAMay 23, 2012
HCC is an excellent company to work for, unfortunately my position is not a full time position. I would absolutely love to work here. Once I graduate I will no longer have this position, this position was provided to help me pay for my tuition. I was fortunate to receive this position so that I could continue to work in an office environment while attending – more... college full time. Everyone at HCC is so friendly and there is so much diversity which makes it an excellent place to work. – less
HIGHLINE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Office Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee), Women's ProgramsApril 10, 2012
Pros: helping people
Cons: not enough hours, was only a part time employee
Highline CC is a great place to work. The people there are wonderful and receptive.
Disappointed
Human Resources (Former Employee), Des Moines, IowaMarch 11, 2012
Pros: tuition waiver
I was excited to work for HCC. But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't seem to fit in. For whatever reasons, I felt set up for failure by my supervisor. I was let go during my probationary period, onl,y to find my spot filled by a temp worker and friend of the supervisor.
Overall a great place to work!
Office Assistant II (Former Employee), Campus SecurityNovember 26, 2011
Pros: exposure to many different people and cultures, very busy and time went by fast
Cons: working conditions in old buildings, can be high-stress environment
Although I enjoyed working at HCC, I tried many times to advance my career and move into another position. Finally I ended up looking outside the company, because I didn't feel completely satisfied with my position.