Highline Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

I really enjoyed my time at Highline
RN (Former Employee) –  Burien, WASeptember 9, 2015
The employees are phenomenal. The teamwork on the telemetry unit was exemplary, and the charge nurses and unit manager were helpful, insightful, and respectful. The nursing assistants were some of the best I've seen. I worked as a travel nurse and wish I could've stayed.
Pros
Teamwork, respect
Cons
Was recently bought out by a larger conglomerate
Short sightenssness
CCU RN (Current Employee) –  seattle, waSeptember 2, 2015
Management is overwork and disconnected from the needs of the staff. Staff members are good people but they are not always heard nor taken serious. New employee training lacks substance.
Productive and Fun place to work,
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAApril 28, 2015
It is a nice place to work, but I need to grow as an individual. I want to challenge life and what else is out there for me. I have work at Highline for a long time and need a new place to call home. I am all about new beginnings after being at highland so long and no change. I want to change as a person and in my career.
Pros
SEIU union
Cons
Poor management
Amazing place to do work
Volunteer at Nurse Medical Oncology Department (Former Employee) –  Burien, WaApril 1, 2015
Learned so much through this clinical experience. The daily one on one interaction with the patients taught me so much. I got a real hands on experience in the hospital for the first time and learned so much.
Highline Medical Center was an excellent place to work for
WARD CLERK/CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAFebruary 24, 2015
All of their medical staff give excellent care. They genuinely care about the patients and since the nurse's are such great people in their own personal life, that carries on into their professional life. Hospital is beautiful inside. Pay for nursing assistant's was alright, but benefits were outstanding.
Pros
great people, great care
Cons
pay is not always great
great place to get a lot of experiance
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burien, WAFebruary 6, 2015
Very fast paced work flow.I learned how to work with verious patients,ages,health statius.highline was a great place to work before merging with another company,management and co workers attitudes have changed for the worse.I need to feel like I'm part of a team not like were working against each other.
Pros
very good benefits, learned very valuable techniques
Cons
team work no longer exists, management varies per staff member, rules are different per employee
good learning experience
Engineer 1 (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAJanuary 21, 2015
loved my job here career advancement is where your at you work with a diverse variety of people and learn a lot. its all about the numbers,
Pros
people are great
Cons
its all about the numbers
Learned a lot on HIPPA Laws & The Medical Filing System
File Technician I (Former Employee) –  Burien, WANovember 16, 2014
Great place to work and learn but little room for advancement.
Pros
great medical
Cons
low pay
The surgeons and ER physicians were very knowledgeable and great to work with.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Burien, WASeptember 27, 2014
The ED and surgery center were a great place to work, A busy paced hospital that had a great orientation program, and supportive coworkers.
Pros
excellent physicians
Cons
na
Internship
Geriatric Unit Intern (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAJuly 25, 2014
It was not an engaging environment, I spent most of my time sitting and listening.
Pros
only 20 hours to receive the credit
Cons
was not allowed to engage with patients or staff
Warm and fun place to work. After 6yrs I am going to miss everyone.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burien, WAMay 10, 2014
I need to grow. I need something that fits with school. I work nights. I am looking for day shifts.
Pros
staff potlucks
Cons
i need to learn more
Laboratory
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant- Internship (Former Employee) –  Burien, WADecember 16, 2013
This hospital is awesome . A little diamond pushed in the back of Burien. I did my externship at this hospital.
Highline Medical Group was a dynamic group of leaders in the middle of transitioning to a buyout from a larger corporation.
Infection Control and Preventionist Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 11, 2013
I was tasked with updating the 16 ambulatory care clinics to standardization for the regulations for The Joint Commission and CMS in preparation for survey and accreditation in the upcoming year. The toughest part of the job was addressing 16 clinics that had been functioning independently up to that time and getting them on board on the same page. The most enjoyable part of the position was visiting the clinic sites and teaching in the clinical setting. My co-workers were wonderful, friendly, and appreciated any assistance I could offer. Management was very flexible with my style of approach, as long as the time lines were met. It was a win - win situation for both parties. I worked 20 hours/week on this project, for a period of 7 months. It was one of the most enjoyable positions in my career.
Pros
flexible breaks
Cons
short time lines
Negative work enviroment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Burien, WANovember 18, 2013
Leadership had been strong in the 80's and 90's.
With top leadershp changes the cluture at the workplace changed. HMC had been a positive place to work.
Many friendships developed over the years.
The fiancial instability and retirement of the old guard had a negative effect on the work enviroment.
Pros
good compensation, many terrific coworkers.
Cons
leadership changes resulting from retirement, created a negative culture shift and negative work enviroment.
Intership
Good Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burien, WANovember 17, 2013
i went to this program through school i was working as a messages helping people going to there department .
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
short breaks
gaine da lot of pt care and understanding while working for highline medical group
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  West Seattle, WANovember 5, 2013
I was able to work one on one with the Dr and that helped me to understand his patients and what they and he expected of me
my experience I gained from working there has helped me in be a better medical assistant in my next job
Each day was something different. I learned a great deal about working in the Operating Room, and working with many different medical offices
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAOctober 12, 2013
A typical day would consist of scheduling surgical cases for approximately 50 different surgeons. It was like putting pieces of a puzzle together and making everything work efficiently for the OR, the surgeons, and the patients.

Staff in the OR are very dedicated and hard working.
Pros
an atmosphere of constant opportunity to learn.
Cons
different and inconsistent requirements of the job. lack of support from management.
enjoyable because I like meeting new people, & making a difference.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, Wa.August 2, 2013
Working for this company, I learned that what you put out is what you got back. The patients looked forward to me coming to work and giving them the care they expected, so when they gave a report to my manager on how well my work ethic was I got a positive feed back.
Excellent environment for students
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAMay 19, 2013
As a part of my externship for Pima Medical Institute I was scheduled to work 9pm-5:30pm for three weeks in the outpatient lab and 5am-2am in the main hospital for morning rounds to complete my required 160 hours. I found the staff to be helpful and welcoming while also patiently instructing me on working in the field.

The hardest part of this job was getting used to standing so much for the first few days. After that, I was able to get to know my co-workers and impress my patients. I loved hearing them say, "I didn't feel a thing!" I was never surprised at that but it's always nice to hear that someone didn't absolutely hate their time at the lab.
Pros
quite environment
Cons
occasional language barrier with co-workers
Walking
Clerical Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAMarch 25, 2013
Highline Medical Center

• File – Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in filing systems
• Photocopy – Produces finished copies that meet the expectations of supervisor.
• Fax and customer service