Highmark Inc Employee Reviews

good benefits
Sr. IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PANovember 13, 2017
Poor management. Poor work place balance. A typical day at work is to run scrum team. Manage work of team members. Define requirements, perform UAT, and release support.
productive
Installation Design Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PANovember 1, 2017
In the 27 years at Highmark, Inc. I have learned a lot of knowledge throughout the different positions I have worked. I am very grateful the years that I had been employed there.
Work life balance
Lead Business Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 24, 2017
Always work for a company that has work life balance. This company does not encourage that type of environment. Micrometeorites are also not treated well.
work day
Claims Adjustment Rep (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 16, 2017
A tyipical work day at highmark in my position consists of adjusting claims, and having contact internally with different departments in order to ensure claims are processing correctly.
nice
Trainee Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 9, 2017
training
about health insurance
i was in training
hard part was not that many breaks
most enjoyable was the atmosphere
I was in training so i never made it to production because my mom passed away
Pros
free lunches
Cons
there arent any
I enjoyed my job, I am good with people
Customer Service Representative Lead (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAOctober 1, 2017
I worked for Highmark for 32 years and the company had changed so much from a company that was proud of there employees to a company that saw you as just a number and very stressful
Place sucked
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVSeptember 30, 2017
Temp job awful pay wasn't worth my time. The training was great but once you get on the floor the managers treat you like sht and don't help at all. If you don't understand it your fired
Not even half the company it used to be
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 26, 2017
It used to be a great place to work but not any more. They do not value the employees at all. They outsource alot of the work which creates constant layoffs so there is NO job security. They took away employee bonuses, make you work on what they designate as holiday paid time off, and they are constantly reorganizing employees, they will move you wherever they please even if you are not trained for the job. It's almost impossible to get advancement opportunities and in most cases even an interview for the advanced positions. The pay is good and location is great but I would not recommend working here with the company the way it is now.
Pros
Location, competitive pay
Cons
No job security, not treated like you are an asset
Stressful workplace
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 26, 2017
Poor upper management creates a stressful environment for the actual people doing the work. Poor use of employee skills and I was "blocked" from advancing internally.
Pros
Paid holidays a d PTO
Cons
Work/ life balance not considered for salary employees.
Highmark provides advancement opportunities and a place to have a long term career.
Sr. Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PASeptember 25, 2017
Fast paced environment with advancement opportunities. Many jobs require customer service skills and ability to effectively communicate with customers.
Pros
Great benefits, Advancement opportunities
Cons
Changing health care laws, etc.
Excellent Workplace
Sr. Proposal Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 19, 2017
Excellent opportunity to learn the health care industry. Good options for career advancement. Good work/life balance. Opportunities for continuing education, career growth/development. Highly recommended.
Pros
Free gym, excellent benefits, Pto, retirement, etc.
Cons
Sometimes long hours/tight turnaround on projects.
Stressful and political run company
Membership Enrollment and Billing (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PASeptember 8, 2017
I had to take early retirement offered by Highmark. They outsourced my job to India. They continue to lay off their employees to save money??? It's now a terrible place to work fot.
Pros
Health Benefit
Cons
Everything else except health benefits
Highly recommended
Associate Benefit Coding Analyst (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PASeptember 6, 2017
I would highly recommend Highmark for the experience it has provided me in the insurance industry. Many career advancement but can be competitive without a degree of any sort.
Pros
Excellent incentives
Cons
Na
Most enjoyable part of the job....
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 19, 2017
Getting to work closely with the staff and having great relationships in addition to working with the customers closely. Fast paced and constantly changing environment.
Good benefits, great coworkers, jumbled management
Senior Business Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 19, 2017
Great company to work for although there are some executive choices that do not appear to match the described missions and goals. Although there can be some frustrations with work, the company provides great opportunities to grow and develop professionally. There can be some negativity feelings regarding change from employees and the company does not provide sufficient support for change control.
Pros
Benefits and coworkers
Cons
Management practices
The longer you work the more you are placed at the bottom of rank
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 17, 2017
There is little to no room for advancement. There is minimal ways to actually gain success. Management does not see the current and overall needs of business. You are thrown to whatever department is needed, not compensated for the extra work and eventually just expected. You are outbid for schedules by new employees because people are not held to the same standards.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 16, 2017
Responsible for Provider and Member Billing Inquires.
Claim Adjustments using Coding per Regulations and Polices.
Responsible for Managing a Daily caseloads for Time Sensitive Inquires.
Interpret Complex Insurance Policies for Individual and Group Memberships.
Act as Lead worker to support supervisor and co-workers with various duties in the unit
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
bi weekly pay
Great company
Senior Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 14, 2017
Been with the company for nearly 10 years. Few to no complaints, most of management is pleasant to work for. Few bad eggs, but you'll find that anywhere.
Pros
Easy commute when working in town
Cons
Travel has become extensive.
Fast paced
Claims Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 26, 2017
I really enjoyed the people I worked with. I loved my job, I was able to different things, the day flew by. When I started this job, my health benefits were effective the day I started.
Pros
Company lunches, picnics
Cons
$70.00 a month for parking
Employees are not valued!
Enrollment and Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 17, 2017
The culture of the company used to be so much better. Now they don't really care about employees or work/life balance. They have taken away the yearly bonus, employees who have been there for 15-20 + years have lost PTO time and supervisors don't truly take the time to train properly. There is little room for advancement and there is always the fear of being laid off as they do that in masses from time to time, but then will hire temps to do work for less money or ship jobs overseas. The morale overall is low and it's a shame since it wasn't always like this.
Pros
Discount on health benefits, free gym membership
Cons
Little advancement opportunities, poor management, many more!