To assist and support regional account managers with their customer-related activities. This support relates to pricing, analysis, billing, receivables, planning and all activities associated with optimizing new and existing customer relationships.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide pricing support for new and existing customers for assigned regional account sales representatives.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of volumes, rates, contracts, accessorial agreements, fuel surcharge agreements, service performance and procedures associated with assigned regional accounts.
- Review rates of all assigned regional accounts every 6 months.
- Receive and review all rate-related paperwork from regional account representatives.
- Forward account profiles to credit/receivables department for new account set-up.
- Forward completed rate-related paperwork with file to the Sales and Marketing Executive Assistant for processing and distribution to Sales and Marketing files and billing departments.
- Complete rate requests within 72-hours of receipt.
- Assist with the analysis of assigned regional accounts’ profitability.
- Identify revenue-enhancement opportunities.
- Respond to customer pricing requests via phone, email or FAX.
- Complete bid requests before deadlines or in a timely manner.
- Review sales call reports for effectiveness and productivity.
- Review regional account activity on OM reports to address under-priced business and billing issues on a daily basis.
- Update month-end activity reports for assigned regional account representatives.
- Monitor industry trends.
- Research and resolve short pays and situations where assigned accounts are over their credit limits.
- Resolve billing issues on unrated or disputed lanes.
- Maintain key information workbook for assigned regional account representatives.
- Attend and participate in bi-weekly sales conference calls.
Communicate and develop rapport with key regional account customer contacts.
- Monitor account activity and communicate any inactivity or decreased activity to assigned regional account representatives.
- Participate in special projects as assigned by Sales and Marketing management.
- Assist co-workers in sales and marketing departments and support departments with daily activities.
Key Knowledge & Experience:
- BA or BS in business or related field.
- 5 + years of related and progressive experience in area of specialization
- Advanced organization skills.
- Advanced MS office and AS400 computer skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Intermediate understanding of P&L statements.
- Knowledge of general office equipment.
- Pricing experience preferred.
To Apply, please click "Apply Now".