HIGHWAY TECHNOLOGIES Employee Reviews

Very Professional
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 14, 2017
Highway Tech provided good pay and steady work. Provided good insurance and benefits. I wish I was still there but the company went bankrupt... Loved the job and my coworkers....
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Good benifits
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Miles City, MTApril 30, 2017
This was a good company to work for, but they went bankrupt. It was located in Montana which was an excellent benefit for myself, even though I was stationed in an area with little services during the oil boom.
Pros
Bankrupt
Cons
Bankrupt
equipment rental and road assistance
MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJApril 28, 2017
you start your day with happy people to work you get your work assignment then your on your way as a mechanic you have a steady position and as a driver/ labor its pending weather and work load. sometimes the hardest part of the job is getting to and from the job locations ut otherwise the job is as hard as you would make it.
job is closed
Pros
what you make of it
Cons
job closed
High end management issues
Lead Foreman (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 25, 2017
This place was not very stable to begin with. I jumped in thinking I was going to go somewhere. NOPE. Spent about 2 years realizing the the high end executives have no idea how to run a business in this type of industry. (Highway Maintenance) Lots of mistakes that cost many people their jobs and for what? So the high end could benefit off the backs of people whom actually liked what they were doing? Company closed there doors and left over 2500 people out of work. How irresponsible! The only thing that was good was at least they paid us, didn't pay their bills, but paid the employees. Thank GOD.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Bad, Bad upper management
Was great at first and then got ugly
Foreman/Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 21, 2016
This place was a joke, the supervisor's did not care about the employees, upper management did not care about the supervisors, and for the most part the owners just didn't seem to care never in the years I worked there seen one of them come through. Guess that's why they folded like they did
Pros
Overtime, some good employees, good helth care
Cons
No communication what so ever, too many bosses with all there own idea
Fast-paced and a good place to learn about order selecting
Highway Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2016
Enjoyed driving the night shift and delivering the freeway order of signs and message boards. Co-workers were very helpful and management help out with every question and need regarding professional performance. I remember great working experiences there.
Pros
Always moving from spot to spot. Good exercise.
Cons
Business went bankrupt.
good job experience
OPERATIONS MANAGER/OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 7, 2016
Highway Technologies is no longer in business. They went bankrupt back in 2011. It was interesting working there. Long hours and stress.
great pay and benefits
Payroll Administrator, Contract Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 18, 2015
Great place to work in the beginning. I loved my position there in the 12 years I worked for Highway Technologies, Inc.
But, over the years, it was bought and sold three times.
During this period, they weeded out the original employees by eliminating positions and lay offs.
Pros
great pay and security
Cons
became a place of playing favorites
rewarding job exerpinse
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 1, 2014
There were no set hours or days that you worked.The company had great benefits.There were many management changes ;I worked there for 30 years and we had over 8 to 10 management changes.I enjoyed working with a lot of great people.
Pros
benifets
Cons
poor management
Good Work Enviorment
Highway Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJMay 19, 2014
was a fun and over whelming environment, a lot of travel, was a bit disappointing when notified that company was closing
Pros
travels
Cons
mis management
challenging
Traffic Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 2, 2014
good benefits not vary good managment skills. Always working in traffic.
Pros
Free lunches some times
Cons
poor managment
Umm yeah....
Operator/Foreman (Former Employee) –  CooradoDecember 1, 2013
Highway Tech is very tricky to navigate. Management has a hard time keeping promises and takes forever to deliver even though the employees are making the company look good without even trying. Upper management has no clue what goes into Heavy highway maintenance. They only know how to weasel their way into the minds of the empoyees and get them to make the company money all the while taking money from the employee as well. The lower management are only able to give what is a so called directive which in turn gives the employees a low moral. Not the greatest companies, but I am sure there is worse out there.
Pros
Hours out the ying yang.
Cons
All the hours you work the company is sure to screw you out of pay.
Good Company
Crash Truck - TMA Driver/ Laborer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 7, 2013
Great Company but they went bankrupt. Road construction hard work ok pay.
Good hours, good pay, & very comfortable place to work.
Inside Sales/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 27, 2013
Researched places to market.
Learned the skills to market & about safety in the work place.
Co-workers were very easy to get along with and became good friends.
The hardest part of the job was bidding. I needed to be taught more from management.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexability.
Pros
Did not have to clock out for lunch, but still answered the phone and serviced customers if they came in.
Cons
No breaks & no employee incentives
A good company to work for
driver (Former Employee) –  3501 E gibson AveAugust 12, 2013
the company was good lost of expirence learned .What I learned was how to set up traffic control better then I have done. Management was good the thing everyone could have done better one is communication. my coworkers were all great people work hard. the hardest part of the job communicating and learning the begging part of the job. the most enjoyable part work nights and enjoying the paychecks.
Pros
good pay, out of the shop
Cons
bad communication, treadted employees poorley
Unfortunate Circumstances
Vice President Finance, Treasurer and Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2013
The company recently filed for bankruptcy protection and is no longer operating
Overall Good Place to work
Regional Human Resources and Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 9, 2013
Overall good place to work locally. Enjoyed co-workers and field personnel.
Pros
Flexibility, Local Co-Workers
Cons
Company Stability
Demanding and under staffed and poor leadership
Operations Manager/Logistics/EEO Officer (Former Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJMarch 3, 2013
A typical work day started at 3:30 am with phone calls and organizing the fleet off to work this would be a 3 hr event then it would take you into answering back any e-mails from the morning or night roll over. the next steps would be to see the service department (mechanics) and go over what they would be doing for the day and ensure there work is being performed. Then the day would take you into job site inspections followed by write ups of the job and men. Now its mid day and your returning to work while answering the duties for the day you will now ensure the dispatcher is doing there job so that the schedule could be made and reviewed for the following day. Next would be to go over all job cost for the day and its (P&L). After that due to the lack of support there would be sales orders that had to be completed this now brings you into the creating warning signs for road construction material of any kind for the day and days to come. After all this it will now bring you towards the end of the day and your crews are coming back now begins the post trip truck checks to ensure the trucks are good and that all material returns to the yard. This now begins the process of closing out the jobs and scheduling completions followed by assigning trucks for the next day (if they are not downed) all vehicles that need to be reviewed by mechanics will now be taken off the schedule and set up for inspection. Its now around 6 - 6:30 and the day is almost done finish with e-mail follow ups and and close the office.
The training i take away from this job is how to multi task under extrodinary
  more... pressure. Being self reliable to complete all tasks of a muti-functional job. I also learned alot about the unions and there processes as i represtented the company durning negotiations. A crash course in the corporate finacial structure has helped me better organized and understand the needs for a buisness to grow and profit. I also learned to voice up when needed to coach and counsil my peers and supervisors.

My co-workers were great people management however was not
All aspects of the job were challenging at first but with time it becomes the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
benifits and location
Cons
under staffed and poor leadership
Very calm workplace.
TRUCK HELPER (Former Employee) –  carlstadt,njNovember 19, 2012
Nice easy job once you've handled your responsibility. Very cool staff members. Trustworthy staff members.
Pros
great healthcare
For many years I loved my job
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 8, 2012
Highway Technologies, for the most part offers benefits and good place to work. They have safety procedures in place to protect employees. The problem I see is too much cooperate overhead and not enough focus on what makes them money. They have tried to conform this industry to a standard compared to a heavy equipment rental company, or a national virtual company. Their products are not virtual they cannot be shared without much expense to move from one location to another. If you spend 1000.00 to move 100 dollars worth of inventory back and forth it does not make sense but you don't have much choice when you choose not to pay your vendors in a timely manner. I was at whits ends making up excuses with my vendors about non -payment and promise to pay plans. Some of my customers thought I had completely lost my ability to deliver what they needed due to a lack of responsibility on my part, but I stood by my company to make every effort to come thru. These days business has changed due to the fact that there is not a huge cash flow sitting around for must companies, however I still believe that honesty, and integrity are a huge part of what I stand for, so the hardest part of my job was buying time with my customers and vendors.
Pros
great local people at my branch
Cons
owners, a holding company striving to turn a profit so they can sell