Highway Toll Administration Employee Reviews

productive
Field Installer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 23, 2016
independent job,self motivated very productive and lots of driving from airport to airport. always heavy traffic. either 30 min or an hour lunch up to you. start Thursday end Tuesday and you cant switch that.
Pros
30-min or hour lunch
Cons
around 200 miles driven daily from work to other bay area airports to home
Awesome
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 29, 2016
I started my professional career here and I'm very happy. Amazing mentoring and skill enhancement programs. I would recommend everyone to work here.
Great Place To Work
customer service (Current Employee) –  Roslyn Heights, NYNovember 16, 2015
I have worked in Highway Toll Administrations customer service department for 2 years now and it's honestly a very wonderful job. I learned a huge amount about customer service while working in this department. There is always someone there to help you if you need assistance with a customer. They have coaching sessions that teach you how to better interact with your customers over the phone.HTA is a great company to work for.
Pros
Fun work Place with great management.
Cons
N/a
Awesome people along with challenging work
Customer Service/Finance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roslyn Heights, NYSeptember 15, 2015
The office here is honestly one of the coolest places to work. Colorful walls, treadmill desks, ping pong table, massage chairs, TV's. I'd definitely rather be in an office like that than at a boring corporate company where they don't care about you and you're just a number. Here you either go by your first name or even a cool nickname. Lots of people in management were promoted from within and are very relatable. If you ever have a question there is always someone there for you to go to, which is good. There's always some sort of contest or game going on and it really helps take the edge off a high-pressure environment. This is really the only company that does what they do so it's inevitable that there's always going to be changes. Not all of them are easy but they really try to work with you to get everyone on board. Definitely plan to stay for the long run.
Pros
long list of benefits, subsidized lunch, free dental, game room
Cons
challenging work, unique industry brings many changes
San jose ca Do Not take this job opportunity Field installer
field installer (Former Employee) –  californiaJune 17, 2015
just to start off the managers really do NOT have a clue What They are doing... there is a different manager every 2-3 month they change your job duties every 2 weeks for field installer. REMEMBER THIS IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE IT IS 100% YOUR FAULT AND YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR MISTAKE REMEMBER THAT. the work you do is pretty straight forward but like i said the manager comes up with some brand new idea that never works out.. there are no coworkers in the sjc workplace you are totally by yourself. 15.00 might sound good but there is no chance for overtime at all. also there is no chance for pay raise if this sounds good to anyone this is the job for you
Pros
30 min or 1hour lunch but you have to make up that time
Cons
no raise, no overtime, very hard to request a day off and actually get it off.Managers are there for the money not the work
Excellent
Installer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 25, 2014
Great place to work, fabulous people. Typical day involves scanning and installing optional toll tags in rental cars. Home base is in Great Neck, NY.
Pros
Steady work, pleasant environment
Cons
Not much opportunity to advance
Horrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYJuly 16, 2014
Horrible management, pays sucks, definitely not a call center enviroment
Typical work day for HTA
Field Installer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 16, 2014
The field installer position of HTA is very flexible in general. I install and audit transponder on rental vehicles with the scanner provided by the company on a daily basis. The job is somewhat repetitive, and I don't get the chance to learn any new skills from the job. The hardest part of the job is probably being outdoor during work hours, especially in summer and winter time. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility and freedom since there's no supervisors and I pretty much work independently. The management team of my company is great despite the fact that I'm an out-of-state employee (my company is based in NY), but they always send out emails to appreciate and recognize our hard work on a regular basis.
Toll tag coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 20, 2014
It was nice that I did not have someone over my shoulder 24/7 but did not enjoy constantly being worried that I would be hit by a car by the constant speeding vehicles in the car lot.
Enjoyed working together with my co workers. Management was very unprofessional.
Customer Service/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYApril 4, 2014
I typical day at work was looking forward to interacting with my co workers and customers. during the time that I was employed at HTA I learned how to deal and handle calls in a very polite and professional manner. Management was the only down fall to this company, there was a lot of favoritism along with the company incorrectly billing customers with extremely high charges and also incorrect charges. There was no type of foundation when coming to management. My co workers was the only reason I looked forward to going to work. The most enjoyable part of my position was being able to resolve customer issues in a timely and professional manor.

I strive to always do my best and more at my place of work and I will always continue to enforce this action where ever my career path takes me.
Cons
Unstable Company, Management does nto care about the employees
n/a
sales rep (Current Employee) –  Long IslandMarch 24, 2014
This job has potential but not great health benefits. The best perk is the NYSC 20 dollar membership
young and refreshing company to work for
operations assistant (Current Employee) –  great neckOctober 22, 2013
this company has really turned around this year offering more benefits and fun office activities. I feel a sense of family and have a good work life balance.
Pros
nice co-workers, fun events, happy hour, contests, etc
Cons
i have a long commute
really fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Great Neck, NYSeptember 30, 2013
all the managers are really easy to get along with, the whole company goes out of their way to make their employees feel welcome. starting pay is not bad and they always give you opportunities to grow, get raises, etc. good benefits too if youre full time. the owner and other executives of the company seem like nice people who do a lot to make us all happy (parties, events, etc)
Disrespectful and UnProfessional
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Great Neck, NY June 2, 2013
I currently work here and if I had a choice, I would switch jobs in an instant. The management does not ever come to work and I have seen the CEO about 2 times in the last 2 years. The so-called Senior VP doesn't seem to know much or care. The company is run by unprofessional, Under-educated middle managers, who are rude, unprofessional and fire employees just because they dont like them. There is no advancement , no job security and definitely not enough monetary compensation. The company does well but the finances are pocketed by the top few.
Pros
9-5 Job
Cons
Mentioned above.

Comment – January 5, 2015

very true. I think the HR probably writes their own good reviews.

Typical Day
Installer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 7, 2013
Scan and install toll tags in rental cars. Freedom to adjust schedule, must be able to stay busy with no supervision.
Pros
Schedule is very fluid.
Cons
Need sunscreen.
unorganized
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYApril 26, 2013
company is young and run by young, inexperienced and unprofessional individuals.
Pros
decent hours
Cons
unpaid lunch, rude management, no set rules
Dont Work Here!
CS Rep (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYMarch 25, 2013
The company started out great but somewhere along the line management lost its vision. The work is pretty routine and there is nothing new to learn. You are stuck doing the same monotonous work day in and day out. It works out well if you care about 9-5 job and are not looking to grow. The co-workers were good, not sure if the same ones are still there. The good employees are either fired or they leave. The ones who are on top are mostly friends of management or someone who sucks up really well(that's why they are the top brass). Compensation is not good, unless you fit the description above, in which case you don't really have to work from 9-5. These handful can set their own work hours.Pretty much nothing to enjoy about coming to work, unless you just want to have some job and are happy earning the same salary for years.
Pros
9-5 that is the only pros of the job.
Cons
everything you can think of
Great Company, horrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYFebruary 25, 2013
The company, the CEO and the COO are great people who are fair and offer great compensation. Every person who holds a position other than the previously mentioned are almost incompetent and are very unfair in the way that they praise or sanction employees.