Highway Transport Chemical

Highway Transport Chemical Employee Reviews in United States

Bad insurance and not enough money
Driver (Current Employee) –  TXNovember 16, 2015
Insurance is outrageous!!! Not enough money for the price of insurance. Work is not bad but not enough money. People are nice and broke.
Pros
Driver
Cons
Lower insurance rates
Hard work, No play time
Cargo Tank Driver (Former Employee) –  La porte, TexasMay 8, 2012
Management ok, benefits very poor for first year, gets a little better 2nd year. Employee must get verification of benefits applied for, or may not be available when needed.
Pros
plenty of loads
Cons
poor hr department, poor benefits
I feel like a driver here
Professional driver (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYFebruary 17, 2015
Wonderful group of people from all walks of life and they all treat you like you matter. they have a guarantee pay benefit going on right now which helps when it gets slow. training is top notch. the equipment is well kept and they focus on safety for real. a good place to make a career. regional drivers are home multiple times per week and no slip seating. the best thing they give you is respect as a driver. they don't micro manage your driving or routes but they are always a phone call away when you need them.
Pros
pay, assigned trucks, great equipment
Unprofessional, stuck in 1985
Communications specialist (Former Employee) –  KnoxvilleDecember 20, 2014
I experienced a very hostile work environment. Reported (s) harassment and was given the option to resign or be terminated 2.5 weeks after I reported (s) harassment. Corporate HR is an uninformed joke helmed by a woman with NO formal HR training. Just Sociology from 1980. I produced results, but the president caved to an HR woman in Florida. I was actually asked by Corp HR if I thought the comment made to me was (s) harassment. After they called 3 employees in and asked them if THEY thought it was (s) harassment. So much for confidential and ZERO TOLERANCE for (s) harassment. I loved my job, I would work well beyond 9-5, and would go to the terminal to get video that could only be gotten at night. I was dedicated.
Pros
it was a job i loved, for awhile
Cons
out of touch boss, overly involved corp hr
good team bad pay
driver (Former Employee) –  croydonJanuary 21, 2013
this place almost made me homeless my checks were so small .your first check will be nice but after that they will shrink down and you will be taking money off your efs card to survive.do not take thid job .....just a warning ....likeci said management was great but the pay is very bad if you have bills to pay this is not the job for you
Pros
get road experience
Cons
no layover pay, no good pay and lak of work
For sub-par pay and equipment...Pls apply here
driver (Former Employee) –  laporteApril 7, 2013
Worked here for 3 months to long. Constant equipment problems,would put you in other drivers trucks for overnight hauls.Pay was horrible.If you are trying to do even jus a little bit better than average this is not the place.You will be digging a bigger hole for yourself if you are trying to get out of one.
Pros
training was excellent
Cons
inferior equipment, pay
Productive and friendly work place
Traffic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Croydon, PAJuly 24, 2012
managed my drivers in the moring to make sure everyone was on time and there were not issues, checked e-mail, asigned trialers/drivers & tractors. Made sure the proper cleaning was done on the trialer before laoding at the customer. Billing, payroll, scanning, handled any cusotmer issues.
Pros
mangement was awesome!!!
Cons
didn't have enough help in the office
Highway Transport
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAOctober 15, 2012
Management has no clue as to what driver support is and how to make Highway Transport a better company
Cons
everything
Stay Away!
Tank driver (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TnOctober 29, 2013
This company has lost a lot of their contracts and they let their drivers sit days at a time. They lose drivers everyday due to no work and still continue to hire new people knowing they will not run them! Stay away from this company!
Pros
home time
Cons
no runs, no money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Highway Transport Chemical. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6