HILCORP ENERGY COMPANY Employee Reviews in United States

The revenue dept has a VERY rigid schedule.
Revenue Accountant III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2015
Great compensation. Great Bonuses and on site gym. Antiquated corporate culture regarding work life balance. If money is your main concern, great place to work.
Pros
Free Breakfast, Great Bonuses, The people.
Cons
Antiquated Corporate Culture in Revenue Dept., Very Rigid Schedule. No flexibility.
Great work place and interesting and productive things to be around
Pumper (Current Employee) –  Frisco City, ALFebruary 28, 2015
Its a lot to remember but once I got to be around it alone and got my hands dirty, it wasn't that bad at all. Sure being around all those deadly gases and high pressure lines but I truly like the job in all its productivity
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
no benefits
Great life experience
summer hand (Former Employee) –  refugioApril 28, 2015
Working as a summer hand was great. I learned alot about the oilfield . I enjoyed the challenge of the job. I liked working with my hands. It was a great job for me. Mostly I drove around a checked gauges and looked for oil leaks. Occasionally I would change the choke on an oil well. It was a good time.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Hot outside during the summer
Fantastic Internship
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2014
I gained invaluable experience during my internship. During my internship I rotated thru many departments such as risk management, internal audit, various accounting functions, and financial analysis.
Great working environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Centerville, TXMay 30, 2012
I loved working for Hilcorp. Worked in Enertia (self-taught; completed a week's worth of production entry and morning reports in 5 hours to catch office up after move to new building). Gauged wells. Changed meter charts. Checked meters and flow lines. Created meter charts. Organized filing system in office computers. Assisted with office move (i.e. furniture and computer placement, organization after move). Completed purchase order logs. Learned the routes between the wells. Gained knowledge of every position in the field and how the field operates.

4.3