HILCORP ENERGY COMPANY Employee Reviews

Great company
SR. Administrative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2017
Hilcorp was a good company. For the most part, I enjoyed the time there and some of the friendships I still have. My position was dissolved but I would go back if i could
Highly Recommend Working at Hilcorp
Geologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2017
Hilcorp Energy is an excellent place to work. While working their it seems like a family where everybody cared about their work and other peoples work. I felt the management extremely supportive of their employees. They also rewarded ALL employees very well for success.
Pros
Culture and Compensation
Cons
Private Company
Great place to grow expereince
Sr Regulatory Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2015
Hilcorp was the first oil and gas company I worked for and it was a great environment to grow and work within. Being mid-sized it made it easier to connect with colleagues and get the "lay of the land"
The revenue dept has a VERY rigid schedule.
Revenue Accountant III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2015
Great compensation. Great Bonuses and on site gym. Antiquated corporate culture regarding work life balance. If money is your main concern, great place to work.
Pros
Free Breakfast, Great Bonuses, The people.
Cons
Antiquated Corporate Culture in Revenue Dept., Very Rigid Schedule. No flexibility.
Great life experience
summer hand (Former Employee) –  refugioApril 28, 2015
Working as a summer hand was great. I learned alot about the oilfield . I enjoyed the challenge of the job. I liked working with my hands. It was a great job for me. Mostly I drove around a checked gauges and looked for oil leaks. Occasionally I would change the choke on an oil well. It was a good time.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Hot outside during the summer
Great work place and interesting and productive things to be around
Pumper (Current Employee) –  Frisco City, ALFebruary 28, 2015
Its a lot to remember but once I got to be around it alone and got my hands dirty, it wasn't that bad at all. Sure being around all those deadly gases and high pressure lines but I truly like the job in all its productivity
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
no benefits
Fantastic Internship
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2014
I gained invaluable experience during my internship. During my internship I rotated thru many departments such as risk management, internal audit, various accounting functions, and financial analysis.
Great working environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Centerville, TXMay 30, 2012
I loved working for Hilcorp. Worked in Enertia (self-taught; completed a week's worth of production entry and morning reports in 5 hours to catch office up after move to new building). Gauged wells. Changed meter charts. Checked meters and flow lines. Created meter charts. Organized filing system in office computers. Assisted with office move (i.e. furniture and computer placement, organization after move). Completed purchase order logs. Learned the routes between the wells. Gained knowledge of every position in the field and how the field operates.