Hilite International Employee Reviews

good pay good benefits bad management
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, MISeptember 23, 2017
I worked at hilite since I was 16 as a temp once I finished school I started working on the floor and worked my way up to a machinist, and then a CNC machinist.. the pay and benefits were great but everyone hates who they work for and it makes it not a fun Job to be at everyday.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
horrible management
Hostile environment full of favoritism
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, MIJune 21, 2017
Nepotism is rampant so if you want a good job you can't earn it.
Management seems to worry about everything other than managing and applying policy fairly. They are very reactive and generally don't seem to care about their employees or their work genuinely.
Most employees present a friendly exterior yet are individualists who aren't trustworthy.
The pay is below average with nearly nonexistent raises
The insurance is good.
The work itself is easy, but you are overburdened by paperwork that is often duplicated by computer entries that you must make.
California
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 29, 2017
This was my first job as a young man. I really like it and it also help me pay college. Great people and company. Great first job or career. Home depot is a nice job
Easy to learn the machines
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, MIJanuary 31, 2017
I enjoyed working here it was a great place to work. The people are understanding and helpful. A typical day was 3rd shift which works for when people can stay awake duri g the night. I learned a lot from the people who ha e beenthere awhile. The management are ok there aree some friendly people and not so friendly but for the most part they are ok. The hardest part of the job was lewarning something new when I had just gotten so good at one thing. The enjoyable thing about the job is the people they are pretty cool.
I worked with a great team , good management
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, MIJanuary 23, 2017
Great company, I would work there again . ok pay and fun people . I worked overnight which was hard but we still had fun and they give you a good chance to learn new things and will to train
Pros
Paid lunch and queaterly bouns
Hostile Work Environment
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, MIDecember 2, 2016
Passive aggressive behavior from plant manager makes the work environment unbearable. Worst place I ever worked at. Within the last 5 years they "burnt" 30 QE engineers. Plant manager ignores facts and centers him around every problem and chastised people.
Pros
Time went I quit!
Cons
Avoiding the root cause
Fast pace enviroment
Production / Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 15, 2016
produced engine parts for GM and Chrysler, the product was called a camphasers. We shipped to China, Korea , Mexico and of course domestic customers.
169 million in sales and 305 employee's with 8 supervisor's reporting directly to myself
Pros
Great hourly work force
Cons
Change of upper mangement
iam checking the parts whether it is bad or good. then I sent to other section
Quality Checker (Current Employee) –  dallasJanuary 16, 2015
Iam enjoing my work in Hilite Iternationsl. its very good company
Company policy I like it. supervisors very help ful to us
benefits and everything its ok. managment is very help ful to us.

I learned more experience through the Hilite International
Pros
half an hour lunch break
Cons
health insurance is there
Sometimes repetative
Electronics Technician II (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 16, 2014
As a technician I got to reset plenty of Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems. Repair and adjust sensors and worn out parts. The job was terrific and the pay was great. Lots of people working here and too many robotic systems for the technicians to handle. Machines break down and people are calling you over the intercom. Overall its very satisfying at the amount of information and experience you can get in a high stress area. Please don't date from any work area. Two breaks and a lunch break. People are very friendly. Ask plenty of questions to quickly understand the priorities and responsibilities.
Pros
Robotic systems are cool
Cons
Everyone wants there machine fix first and fast.
Not a good place
Quality/Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 26, 2014
The experience was very poor, good place to learn. Ambient is very hostile.
A great place to work.
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, MIAugust 9, 2014
I worked there for overall 16 1/2 years and if it was not for our economical break down in 2007-2008 I would still be there
Pros
Benfits /Managment
Cons
A good company with room for improvement
Engineering Lab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 1, 2014
A typical day of work begins with auditing of the production process through different tests performed in the lab. The lab also works closely with the design engineering group to perform necessary testing of parts, both current production and prototype. In addition, we are in the process of implementing significant 5S changes, requiring daily attention and effort.

While my educational background put a focus on electrical engineering, the work at Hilite International is largely focused on mechanical engineering. Consequently, I learned a number of skills working in a hands-on environment such as engine function, machining techniques and print reading (GD&T).

There exists a good working relationship with department management with the right balance of productivity without micromanagement. The plant as a whole, however, seems to be management through intimidation, resulting in a "not my fault" mindset and culture.

Overall, co-workers are easy to work with. It is sometimes necessary to explain the big picture needs of the department, plant and company as a whole when informing others of priorities.

The most frustrating aspect of the job is human relations. Unfortunately, focus is sometimes taken away from important testing in order to address confrontations between co-workers.

Easily the most enjoyable part of the job is the work that goes into bringing a product from the early stages of development all the way to final production.
Below Average Management
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, MIJanuary 5, 2014
Co Workers are great, friendly bunch whom which all agree management have of obvious faults within the company.
Pros
Great Pay, Good Workers
Cons
Substandard Management
very good and job secure
assumbler (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 8, 2013
good productivity and friendly good working condition good management co operative co workers
its a good place to work and learnd the manufactur industry
Cnc machine Operator, Duties (Former Employee) –  carrolltonAugust 15, 2013
i had a good time working for this company but i dint like the management because there not all there, one person say one thing and another says another thing, but over all its a grate place to learnd and grow to this industry. but if management get on bord then maby to stay long term too
Pros
lost of areas to learn
Cons
not shur what they want from u, they dont make up there mines
Strong global company
Vice President, Finance (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 3, 2013
A strong company with global reach. Presence in US, China and Germany - strong global team
Pros
global team environment
Cons
cyclicality of automotive
Overall a good place to work.
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, MINovember 15, 2012
Very busy which I like, I learned that hard work can be reconized. Management was ok, great co workers. I loved that I was busy from the start of myday to the end of my day.
Automated Assembly line manufactoring
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 31, 2012
9:30pm to 8:30am night shift. Responsible for 3rd. Shift facility operation and manufacturing with another Supervisor.
Supervisored automated assembly of auto parts intake and exhaust camphasers.
Learned the daily and hourly reporting systems of production lines,
saftey proceedures, and manufactoring operations of company.
The hardiness part of job was to manage the employee schedules, staffing, and unsual hours for the night shift.
The management was professional, but was small in relationship to size of facility and number of employees.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new approaches and the diverse group of people.
Pros
benifits, compensation
Cons
hours of ot required daily and weekends
good co-workers with relaxed work environment
assembly operator (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, MIFebruary 14, 2012
alright place to work, however the company does exercise favortism with certain employees, and usually doesn`t listen to both sides of employee conflicts, to quick to make judgements.
on the other hand has good working relationships between fellow employees.
Pros
paid breaks, relaxed work place environment, decent healthcare.
Cons
short breaks, inflexable management, manditory overtime