Hill-Rom Employee Reviews in United States

Stable Company with a great reputation in the field
Medical Device Service Tech / Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 22, 2016
Fantastic company to work for. They offer employees great advancement opportunities. I would highly recommend this company to any seeking a position within the medical device field.
Pros
company has a fantastic uniform policy
Cons
long hours/health insurance package has become extremely limited
Horrible place to work
IT (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INDecember 9, 2015
Terrible management had no IDEA what their workers had to do and kept putting the uneducated people in charge.
Worked 8 hours a day Mon-Fri but was not sure if I was going to have a job day to day as they kept laying people off. Management were unqualified and very unhelpful glad I left and got a better job with real managers.
Pros
Not many good benefits
Cons
Too many layoffs and Upper management out of touch with the workforce.
Long history with the family running the company. Hard workers.
Manager of Media Services (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INApril 5, 2016
It was a nice company to work for. They valued their quality in the products they produced. Media Services provided video training for the hospitals that bought our beds and other medical devices.
Pros
International travel to do interviews on their international products
Cons
Moved the executives to Chicago
Keep in the family
field service representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 11, 2016
Big brother looking over his little brother all the time/track everything you do
glorified bed pusher
learned how to clean a bed after a patient dies in it.
management sits on computer all day long. counting the beans you did for each month
co-workers frustrated unless your family
hardest part of the day-fixing a bed while a patients catheter bag of poo is in your face.
enjoyable part of the day being away from management
Great products with great people
Service Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 26, 2016
Very rewarding to supply necessary products for patients and nurses who appreciated the effort. Fun, friendly, great support from management to provide or allow outside the box thinking while fulfilling the customer satisfaction needed for retention.
Pros
value, fulfillment, constant change, meeting people
Cons
on-call, schedule changes, inconsistency
Okay
Respiratory Care Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 5, 2015
Okay place to work. Management is a little disorganized. Salary is okay. Good people to work with. decent immediate manager.
A very busy and unpredictable job
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLJanuary 16, 2016
Being a service technician for Hill-Rom is pretty challenging job and unpredictable job. Delivering, fixing, and removing the equipment upon request is what makes this job unpredictable. You never get off on time unless its a slow day.
Pros
Overtime, bonus checks, benefits
Cons
Never get off of work on time and its physically challenging
Documentation specialist
Field Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 18, 2016
Processed Medicaid authorization request for seven states. Verified all paper work is provided per the guidelines of the Medicaid of office of that state. Used J.D. Edwards system to keep track of authorizations, process billings. Booking deliveries and removals of products when necessary.
· Set up a spread sheet in Excel to track time for submitting pre-authorizations in a timely manner.
· Successfully supported fifteen sale representatives.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Hard dealing with different state governments on Medicaid
the hardest part of the job was working 14 plus hours a day
packer (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INNovember 30, 2015
I wouldnt leave untill every bed i had to test was tested and passed i was there for 14 hours at the most, of course it was overtime pay but i was getting home 6 oclock in the morning just to wake up and be there again by 230pm
Pros
great pay and benefits if you dont get laid off before your 180 days
Cons
to many layoffs and pay cuts, they werent ready to run a fully stocked 2nd shift
There is recreation or excercise facility
Specialist Mechanical Engineer/Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INNovember 25, 2015
Hill-Rom is not a good place to work. They are hundreds of contractors that have worked there for years and no opportunity to go direct. This past year their earnings was up 20% however they layout people quite often. The work place is very political and unfriendly toward minorities.
Pros
They serve free food from time to time
Cons
There is no benefits for contratcors
Great Company
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2015
Hill-Rom Company was a great job I spent 13 yrs and 11 months with the company. I was in the Capital Contracts my last 7 to 8 yrs of employment. I have know complaints with the management or any staff. It was my choice to take the Voluntary Separation in April 2014. Even through I miss the company and the job I feel I left at a good time so some of the younger guys can take the reigns. I would consider a Manager Job if offered...ha
Hill-Rom taught me time management skills and excellent customer service skills which I received two Excellence in Customer Service Quarterly Awards in 2013 and 2014.
I can't say enough good things so I will end it here.
Choose wisely
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  unknownFebruary 20, 2015
This kind of work demands your time. If you have a family, especially with small children, plan on having very limited time with them. The pay isn't matched with the work you do considering you will be in contact with VERY sick people, in some cases, contagious. Exposure to things like hepatitis, tuberculosis, and flu are common. Keep in mind that you have to handle this product after a patient has used it and then you are expected to clean it. As a former employee, I learned how to deal with long hours and no family time, make sure the pay off is worth it. The absolute best thing about this job is the benefits.
benefits
Cons
low pay, no advancement, exposure to dangerous illnesses
Productive Environment
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INMarch 31, 2016
Hill-Rom is a productive company with lots of areas to excel in. There are many learning opportunities and you are encouraged to learn as much as possible about the company.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
No window
A great company to work for
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 25, 2015
I currently am employed there and I enjoy my job and the people I work with. I like that I am helping people.Management staff is really involved and they actively participate in daily task, which helps enforce the teamwork culture.
contract employee
Instructor Trainer - Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Richmond VA areaOctober 22, 2015
This is my part time job for 12+ years. I train patients and their families/caregivers on a specific piece of medical equipment. Great company with great support from supervisor and local account executive (sales rep). I love the one on one education and time spent with the patient/family/caregivers. It is not rushed.
Pros
time with the patient; one on one education
Fun Place to work
Forklift Operator and Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INFebruary 2, 2016
a typical day was to load or unload trucks. On occasion I would have to help locate lost parts, also Notify the correct person about Parts that we were short on so they could order more. Supply the Assembly line with parts they needed. Inventory, Inspection and Safety. I also passed the Zone Lead Test and was considered a Back up Zone Lead.
Pros
Close to home and Really Good Pay
Cons
I am laid off 2 times a year.
Clinical Outcome Manager
Clinical Outcome Manager (COM) RN (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 26, 2016
Recent overhaul of position took RN position and gave too much emphasis on only being successful if Sales Associate meet goal. Takes all autonomy out of being self sufficient for self accountability.
Pros
Best Products on the market
Cons
pay
Okay...
Biomed (Current Employee) –  MarylandOctober 15, 2015
Co-workers for most part are nice to work with. As a biomedical engineer, not much advancement since the company isn't really focused on us biomeds. But it is easy job to do when you have a technical background. Good company to get experience from.
Pros
Good place to get experience from
Cons
Hard to get career advancement with
Good People
Corporate Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2016
Good people. Positive work environment. Enjoyed going to work each day. Had a hand in many different projects. I sought an opportunity to take on new challenges and responsibilities and they let me take the ball and run
worked as a contactor
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INMarch 31, 2016
clickish environment - Chicago vs Batesville

did not work as a full time employee so i would not know...

a lot of people relate to each other since Batesville is a very small place....
Pros
comfortable place to work
Cons
contractor