Hill-Rom Employee Reviews

Well paying company close to home
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INOctober 14, 2017
This is a great company to work for. Close to home, very competive wages, insurance, and paid time off. Job isn’t too demanding and the people there are great to be around.
Pros
Discounts, holiday pay, vacation, quarterly bonus.
no home life
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 9, 2017
hill-rom is a fast paced, stressful job that does not pay enough to take away your family time. they expect employees to be ready at all times to come in for work. no regard for others and family
Pros
no supervision
Cons
no home life
Enjoyable
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 7, 2017
I enjoyed the time of my employment. The people were great, I met friends that we are still in contact. I left for better pay and a more rewarding position.
Reasonably OK, all things considered.
Component Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 6, 2017
Extremely adequate in all respects. This position presented an unprecedented opportunity to be involved at the grass roots level of component engineering, working at the detailed level of component parametric evaluation and selection. Second only in importance to Quality Engineering and Evaluation. Very fulfilling for a detail-oriented engineering support person.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
Not enough hours in the day
Productive work place with Ping-pong tables
Project Management & Lead Architect (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 6, 2017
Good working culture and ethics. Place where learning comes naturally. Good growth opportunities. The management encourages learn and grow in the direction of choosing.
Great place to work.
Senior Global Manager, Clinical Research (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2017
Hill-Rom offers a lot of opportunity for advancement in most areas of the company. Clinical research is a small part of the company and offers limited advancement for professionals in this career path.
great place to work
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJSeptember 25, 2017
Great place to work, on the road alot. The offered alot of training. Hours were good, but had to work weekends on call. Also had to travel alot. Not the place you want to be if you don't like driving
Pros
great insurance
Cons
alot of driving and travel.
Busy
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Busy
Repairing beds
Management is ok
Hardest part of the job is working all lot of hours
I'm not sure what else to explain the whole reason I have my resume on here. Looking for something else
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Lack of employees, health benefits are not great, and work to much over time
Pretty good place to work
Lead Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 12, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Hill-Rom, I do think for the amount of work that field service techs do they should be paid a minimum of 15.00 and hour. raises are very small. required to sometimes work very long hours could be till 4am some days
A surprisingly negative, unethical and sneaky corporation with one goal - $$$$$.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2017
The work culture, environment and attitude is as follows: old school, discriminatory, technological chaos, unpredictable with verbal harassment as well as s@$ual and extremely judgmental.
Pros
its a job if desperate
Cons
its a desperate job
Great company
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 4, 2017
I am a fairly new employee to Hill-Rom, but am very impressed and happy so far. The energy of the company seems very supportive and welcoming. I like how I can chose my availability.
Good Job
FIELD TECH (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 31, 2017
A Typical day at work would be cleaning, delivering and removing medical beds, and other medial to and from hospitals and other health care facilities. I also repaired beds and operating room equipment . co workers are great we all work well together
Had a good 10 year run
Truck Driver Delivery person (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INAugust 30, 2017
Some good times some bad times. Some jobs are just not very pleasant to do. Equipment was getting older with lots miles on road tractors and many many years on the trailers.
Pros
Work Clothes were furnished with name and company logo
Cons
Holidays worked most of them excepte Christmas
learned alot in my 18 years ar Hil-Rom
Manager of Marketing - Finance (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 22, 2017
dont know current managment team . Left Hill-Rom in 2006. seems they are been pinning their wheels since I left. Work / life balance not so good. Will work you to death
benefits
Cons
managment is clueless a lot of the time
I am not sure they are still in business
Account Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INAugust 21, 2017
If this company is still in business I am unaware. After many claims of Medicare fraud and competitive bidding took a bite out of them. The work was rewarding but never ending.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
there was no way to end the day
excentlent company to work for.
Driver / Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARAugust 17, 2017
my supervisor was the best, the other employees were great to work with.
they had a great training , good benefits lots of hours.
I got to travel to different cities to work and the other supervisors were always very receptive.
Poor Place to work
Floor Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 8, 2017
Company treats employees poorly, employees are under paid, workplace is a very stressful environment, there no room to advance. Benefits are at a minimum,
Pros
People are friendly
Cons
Everything else
Nice place to work.
Account Executive, Acute Care (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INJuly 26, 2017
Great company with great people. Inconsistency in field coverage and support available. Little to no mentoring and little to no opportunity for advancement within division.
Selfish company that only cares about pinching pennies
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 24, 2017
this could be a very great place to work, the on call is manageable in the right service center. but god forbid you add on to your existing contracts because the company will not hire more help they just expect you to figure it out while managing overtime. this company is so worried about purchasing other companies it doesn't even consider its employees. i would never recommend someone working here.
Pros
the training is basically a vacation
Cons
everything else
Physically Challenging
Field Service Technician (FST)/ Capital Technician (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 6, 2017
Very physical job that takes dedication and initiative! Pay is competitive, team driven and safety oriented! They train their employees very well and expect professional service. National and world wide, so have the ability to move around the country or to other countries when work is available. There are many different aspects to the company, good social skills and customer service is a must!
Pros
competitive pay, earn overtime above 40hours
Cons
on call frequently, sometimes more work than people to complete the work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hill-Rom. Our community is ready to answer.