Hill-Rom Employee Reviews

Choose wisely
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  unknownFebruary 20, 2015
This kind of work demands your time. If you have a family, especially with small children, plan on having very limited time with them. The pay isn't matched with the work you do considering you will be in contact with VERY sick people, in some cases, contagious. Exposure to things like hepatitis, tuberculosis, and flu are common. Keep in mind that you have to handle this product after a patient has used it and then you are expected to clean it. As a former employee, I learned how to deal with long hours and no family time, make sure the pay off is worth it. The absolute best thing about this job is the benefits.
benefits
Cons
low pay, no advancement, exposure to dangerous illnesses
Gone downhill
field service tech (Former Employee) –  southJanuary 20, 2013
The benefits are the best that i have seen but the pay sucks. I dont mind working but some of the other guys were afraid of too much work. They would just sit there half the day. You will never advance your career. They will advance you but will not pay you for the position. The raises are small and unnoticeable. 2% of your basepay is the raise. They use to give quarterly bonuses but just once a year now. That 2 bonus used to be 3%. The field servie techs do not get taking care of in this company. Very stressful job to know they can lay you off at any time. That lay off is you actually you getting fired. Upper management always is changing because people keep leaving. They cant keep the good field service techs because they leave too.
Pros
working by myself, benefits
Cons
pay, management
Horrible place to work
IT (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INDecember 9, 2015
Terrible management had no IDEA what their workers had to do and kept putting the uneducated people in charge.
Worked 8 hours a day Mon-Fri but was not sure if I was going to have a job day to day as they kept laying people off. Management were unqualified and very unhelpful glad I left and got a better job with real managers.
Pros
Not many good benefits
Cons
Too many layoffs and Upper management out of touch with the workforce.
Long history with the family running the company. Hard workers.
Manager of Media Services (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INApril 5, 2016
It was a nice company to work for. They valued their quality in the products they produced. Media Services provided video training for the hospitals that bought our beds and other medical devices.
Pros
International travel to do interviews on their international products
Cons
Moved the executives to Chicago
Passion for the patients
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJuly 12, 2016
From an A/R list decide weather the credit balance on the patients account is :
1) Correct
2) How payer wants money back, via refund or recoup

Then need to correctly fill out paperwork and enter properly in system.

Coworkers are great.
Hardest part of the job, never seems to be enough time in the day. Most enjoyable, making a difference in people's lives
Pros
On site parking
Reorganizing Company
Installation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 5, 2016
Hill-Rom is currently under a major reorganization throughout all divisions.
Company is located in a great office in Cary, NC.
Coworkers are great people, although company moral is low due to the current lay offs.
Pros
Temporary positions do hire on permanently
Cons
Lay Offs
Great place to work. New management
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2014
If you don't mind being on your feet and moving around a lot this is a great place to work. Hill-Rom will fly you to their head quarters in Batesville, Indiana for a two week training. The Houston location is under new management. They fired most if not all of the previous workers. They are hiring people with a team first mentality. You work on your own, but you are held accountable.
Pros
Benefits, Overtime, Bonus, Room for growth
Cons
Constantly on your feet
Documentation specialist
Field Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 18, 2016
Processed Medicaid authorization request for seven states. Verified all paper work is provided per the guidelines of the Medicaid of office of that state. Used J.D. Edwards system to keep track of authorizations, process billings. Booking deliveries and removals of products when necessary.
· Set up a spread sheet in Excel to track time for submitting pre-authorizations in a timely manner.
· Successfully supported fifteen sale representatives.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Hard dealing with different state governments on Medicaid
Good company with good compensation, but undergoing significant change
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Hill-RomJuly 27, 2012
Good people make this a very good place to work. Company likes to change management frequently that results in changing direction and strategy. Lack of job security can be a distraction. Overall, a good company, with good people but it continues to undergo significant changes.
Pros
people, compensation, location
Cons
constant management changes, lack of respect for employees, products have quality issues
Great environment and benefits
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 18, 2016
Many great people dedicated to the company. Best part of the job was getting to know staff at facilities we serviced. Being able to provide comfort to people who were sick and helping in their recovery.
Need thick skin to survive Allen Medical in Acton
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Acton, MAFebruary 8, 2014
Customer Service Manager is figure head only. There is no leadership, no encouragement, and no support. Manager is known to be mean spirited, degrading and unprofessional in dealing with select people in the department. Favortism is widespread. Upper management/HR is not willing to address numerous issues raised by current and past employees on managment.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor leadership, negative enviroment
Fun workplace with ability to learn and grow indiviually
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 10, 2014
I worked here when I was relatively young so benefits were not as much of an issue. My only real problem was that I had trained folks to work there, whom had been there years less than me and sadly found out they were being paid more. I brought this attention to of my superiors and the were willing to raise my pay to there pay (equal). I felt I should have been paid more, but otherwise the job was fine. At this job, you learn how to deliver food in a hospital setting and what goes along with cleanliness and PPE. For that I was thankful. I also worked with really nice people, many of whom were older, who gave my great working advice.
Pros
Great working environment, worked around school schedule
Cons
Low pay and felt underappreciated
Great Company
Patient Assistance Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJuly 11, 2016
Working for Hill-Rom was a rewarding experience. Employees took satisfaction in their work by supporting patients and their families with great respiratory care.
Great co-workers.
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 16, 2016
A good place to work if you like driving and being outdoors. Caring managers. I learned a lot about customer service and dealing with account personnel.
Fast paced environment, no two days are alike.
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Shoreview, MNOctober 24, 2012
Prepare and clean hospital equipment. Maintain a clean and efficient work place both within a warehouse and fleet/dock areas. Deliver and remove hospital supplies all on strict deadlines, in addition to fixing equipment onsite in a fast paced hospital environment. Need the ability to keep good records, attention to detail and effective communication within the company and with customers. Lastly work on an on-call basis including nights/weekend/holidays supplying customer service and delivery/removal 24/7/365.
Pros
helping people on a first hand level, by supplying comfort and aid in the health field
Cons
long hours, on-call in addition to small chance for career advancement
Great products with great people
Service Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 26, 2016
Very rewarding to supply necessary products for patients and nurses who appreciated the effort. Fun, friendly, great support from management to provide or allow outside the box thinking while fulfilling the customer satisfaction needed for retention.
Pros
value, fulfillment, constant change, meeting people
Cons
on-call, schedule changes, inconsistency
Keep in the family
field service representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 11, 2016
Big brother looking over his little brother all the time/track everything you do
glorified bed pusher
learned how to clean a bed after a patient dies in it.
management sits on computer all day long. counting the beans you did for each month
co-workers frustrated unless your family
hardest part of the day-fixing a bed while a patients catheter bag of poo is in your face.
enjoyable part of the day being away from management
Good People
Corporate Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2016
Good people. Positive work environment. Enjoyed going to work each day. Had a hand in many different projects. I sought an opportunity to take on new challenges and responsibilities and they let me take the ball and run
Okay
Respiratory Care Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 5, 2015
Okay place to work. Management is a little disorganized. Salary is okay. Good people to work with. decent immediate manager.
Great Company
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2015
Hill-Rom Company was a great job I spent 13 yrs and 11 months with the company. I was in the Capital Contracts my last 7 to 8 yrs of employment. I have know complaints with the management or any staff. It was my choice to take the Voluntary Separation in April 2014. Even through I miss the company and the job I feel I left at a good time so some of the younger guys can take the reigns. I would consider a Manager Job if offered...ha
Hill-Rom taught me time management skills and excellent customer service skills which I received two Excellence in Customer Service Quarterly Awards in 2013 and 2014.
I can't say enough good things so I will end it here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hill-Rom. Our community is ready to answer.