Hill-Rom Employee Reviews in United States

helping others
Tech (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2015
• Diagnose and troubleshoot computerize beds
• Install and configure hard drives
• Deliver tested units to Hospitals
• Install and configure hardware peripherals
Good work enviroment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Batesville INMay 11, 2015
The work environment is great. The best staff and management by-far. the only down side is you get laid off a lot. Great pay and benefits. everyone works together.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Laid off a lot
great company to work for
Field service technician (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INApril 24, 2015
my work load has dropped dramatically. I really enjoy my job. I get to travel between states and I get to meet all walks of life. I build a rapport with all patients and facilities I visit. the management is good accept getting you help when you need it. Co-workers are excellent we all get along great. there is no hard part about my job.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
breaks might get cut short, long days
Great Company
AUTHORIZATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNApril 22, 2015
Hill-Rom is a great place to work. The knowledge and experience obtained has taken my knowledge in the healthcare industry to a new level. I loved working for the company and the people are fabulous. I loved the monthly push to increase revenue it kind of gave you a goal to stride for and push to improve constantly. I also loved the level of customer service this company provides to its patients.
Overall Hill-Rom is an average place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INApril 14, 2015
Hill-Rom was an exceptional place to work at one time, however that time has passed and it can no longer be described that way.
It was a good company to work for, productive and fun at times.
Documentation/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 4, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was talking with the patients and know that their were happy with the product. The hardest part of the job was telling a patient that they didn't qualified for the product. I learned a lot about Insurance Companies, Medicaid and Medicare.
Very good company
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INApril 3, 2015
morning stretches
company overview( weekly rates, production levels, job openings, etc.)
gather up paperwork parts etc
closing stretches and meetings
Pros
paychecks
Cons
not 40 hours gauranteed
very friendly enviroment
Assembler on Progressa Line (Current Employee) –  batesville, inMarch 29, 2015
day flies by while staying productive

build 16-20 bed a day

management is very helpful along with the utilities

lots of overtime
Pros
decent pay
Cons
short breaks
Very successful company which I enjoyed working for.
National Manager of Clinical Services (Former Employee) –  Worked from home officeMarch 29, 2015
Was given the option to work from home or come into the office which I appreciated the trust offered to do this. Worked with a great team. Provided with a computer to complete the job. Office was in Charleston, SC. Management was also good.
Pros
Trusting environment
Cons
Required travel to multiple hospitals each week
Wonderful People and Amazing Atmosphere
Security (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INMarch 24, 2015
Couldn't ask for better people to work with and for. Some of the best people I've ever met from the summer help to CEO's of multimillion dollar companies. I truly love working out at Jawacdah Farm and the surroundings are as therapeutic as any place I've been. Just a wonderful atmosphere.
Pros
The people and the job. I thrive in helping others obtain their goals.
Cons
Just not enough hours available and no benefits.

Want to know more about Hill-Rom?

Ask a question
Hill-Rom is a great place to work , both in sales and in operations
Architectural Specialist (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 16, 2015
I enjoyed working in sales for HRC. The freedow to work at home, and represent the company within 200 miles or more from home was unprecedented to me. Why commute to an office ?

I was happy there for over 5 years, and built up the territory for them. The company has a strong support background in Indiana.
Pros
working at home, live work balance
Cons
low draw every year. you must live on savings most of the year.
Enjoyable place to work
Materials Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INMarch 13, 2015
I loved working for Hill-Rom.

Very family oriented. They cared about their employees and showed it.

The people were fantastic! Like family

Great support and team work.

Management listened
Pros
enjoyable
Cons
low pay
Minimal opportunity for growth, 1st line and regional management needs overhauled
Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 11, 2015
Ensure shift is staffed and provide equipment to hospital. Assist in setting inventory levels. Give coaching sessions and provide annual performance appraisals
Not just my co-workers, they became my friends
Quality Assurance Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INMarch 7, 2015
Happy to discuss in person as I do not wish to leave such feedback on a forum like this, however I have enjoyed it. The assignment at this employer is temporary, however would love to stay.
Horrible Team Leader/Manager
Complaint Specialist (Former Employee) –  Batesville, IndianaMarch 7, 2015
In training we were told we could smoke in our cars, we would receive laptops and headsets, we could work up to 8 hours a week in overtime and we could work the hours that was best for us. All of this was a lie. We never received laptops, we were denied overtime and treated badly if we wasn't there from 8-5. The team leader was very rude! She would put her hand up in your face and say I don't have time for you right now. I was terminated with no reason and then told by the temp company it was because I invited other employees to smoke with me and that they had spoke to me about it two times? This never happened and they never spoke to me about anything. The team leader spoke to everyone like they were animals. We were told to do things this way by one person and then told to do it differently by another. No body did anything the same way. Horrible place to work unless you're a backstabbing liar.
Line Assembly (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INMarch 2, 2015
I like the fast pace and challenge of my job. Got along with my co-workers. My supervisor was excellent and very helpful as well as my line leader. Would have loved to have gotten on full-time.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
only temporary job
Choose wisely
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  unknownFebruary 20, 2015
This kind of work demands your time. If you have a family, especially with small children, plan on having very limited time with them. The pay isn't matched with the work you do considering you will be in contact with VERY sick people, in some cases, contagious. Exposure to things like hepatitis, tuberculosis, and flu are common. Keep in mind that you have to handle this product after a patient has used it and then you are expected to clean it. As a former employee, I learned how to deal with long hours and no family time, make sure the pay off is worth it. The absolute best thing about this job is the benefits.
benefits
Cons
low pay, no advancement, exposure to dangerous illnesses
I'ts a nice place, everyone is very nice and helpful.
Asset Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2015
I work from the time I go in until the time I leave. I learned you can work alone and get bored. my manager is very hearty and helpful. My co-worker is a really generous person she taught me everything I knows. The hardest part of my job is not screwing up and having people complain to my boss of how bad of a job I did. Being able to work at your own pace.
Pros
peace and getting to talk to the patients
Cons
being alone
great people
Rail Press (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INJanuary 28, 2015
there are a lot of great people at hill rom and i enjoyed my time there would go back to doing what i was at any point in time if they asked thanks
great place to work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2015
long hours of work. repairing beds for hospitals and homecare patients. management good great and co workers worked hard. enjoyed everything about the job.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
work long hours