Hill-Rom

Hill-Rom Employer Reviews

very friendly and helpful.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee), CADecember 17, 2012
Pros: compensation, professional and friendly
Cons: not enough full time work
I have worked with Hill-Rom for the past year as a patient training. Very friendly staff, fast pay and professional.
Zero or undefined culture, below market pay, Sr. Leadership thus far has not effectively integrating various divisions into parent company
Regional Director (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNDecember 12, 2012
Blead their cash-cow that has huge upside in order to fund new ventures, but won't reinvest in these good businesses to generate even larger returns.
Nice Place to work
Welder (Former Employee), Batesville, INDecember 5, 2012
Great place to work. Great local people, Friendly atmosphere! 3 shifts available.
Great place to work, great small team there to work with
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNNovember 20, 2012
Pros: the work
Cons: the pay
I love seeing that what I do there does make a difference in people's lives. It's a great blessing to me.
Political and Untrustworthy Company
Corporate (Former Employee), CharlestonNovember 19, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor recognition for good work, unqualified managers, constant turn over of employees
Some work well over 40 hours a weeks and other skate out a lot and work part time yet get paid for 40 hours. For the most part, the regional managers are a joke. They are usually nonexistent so the field just tends to their personal life first and work comes second and the company gets ran into the ground. There are talented employees but the political – more... games create an untrustworthy environment and a lot of the good workers get laid off while the lazy employees who are in with the "good old boys" remain with the company.The most enjoyable part of working with this company is there are a lot of good products but a lot of them are in frequent need of repair because the products are old. – less
Great Company
Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Charleston, SCNovember 17, 2012
This company was a joy to work for. Eevryone from management to the cafetria staff was pleasant and wonderful to work for and with. If the assignment wasnt temporary I would still be working there.

February 15, 2013

There is not a cafeteria in the Charleston office. So I am uncertain how the staff at that cafeteria could have been pleasant.

Extensive amount of Mico-management from the regional to the corporate level. To the point of worrisome
Asset Advantage Manager Uof L Hospital (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 15, 2012
Like a lot of companies today, Hill-Rom offers it's customer a wide range of goods and services. To Hill-Roms detrement it does none of the to the extent of outstanding.
Fast paced environment, no two days are alike.
Field Service Representative (Current Employee), Shoreview, MNOctober 24, 2012
Pros: helping people on a first hand level, by supplying comfort and aid in the health field
Cons: long hours, on-call in addition to small chance for career advancement
Prepare and clean hospital equipment. Maintain a clean and efficient work place both within a warehouse and fleet/dock areas. Deliver and remove hospital supplies all on strict deadlines, in addition to fixing equipment onsite in a fast paced hospital environment. Need the ability to keep good records, attention to detail and effective communication – more... within the company and with customers. Lastly work on an on-call basis including nights/weekend/holidays supplying customer service and delivery/removal 24/7/365. – less
Over all the company was modest
Extern (Former Employee), Charleston, SCOctober 17, 2012
a typical was just steady work until lunch time.

I've learned to be a good custermer service specialist

Management was just management helpful in some ways.

My co-workers was pretty helpful when it was time to accomplish our goal doing over time.

The hardest part of this job was sitting for a long period of time working and researching.

the most – more... enjoyable part of the job is when we do other activity doing our company free time. Ex participate in games. – less
Very Good Place To Work
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: good people to work for.
Cons: sometimes long hours.
You are always working, no real dead time; this makes the day go really fast. Many things to learn.
Very good company culture
Hospital Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Mid-AtlanticSeptember 4, 2012
Extremely well respected company with a good reputation among custoomers
Good
Floor Representative (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCAugust 27, 2012
Hill-Rom was the best job I've ever worked on, because the compensation was great along with the excellent benefit package that it offers. Just wish job stability was better. However, I got laid off when our economy was at its lowest.
Good company with good compensation, but undergoing significant change
Operations Director (Former Employee), Hill-RomJuly 27, 2012
Pros: people, compensation, location
Cons: constant management changes, lack of respect for employees, products have quality issues
Good people make this a very good place to work. Company likes to change management frequently that results in changing direction and strategy. Lack of job security can be a distraction. Overall, a good company, with good people but it continues to undergo significant changes.
Going down hill fast!!
?? (Former Employee), St. PaulJuly 21, 2012
Pros: ?
Cons: difficult managment
Need to get new managment team. Benefits good to start now all taken away, example work from home, flex time etc... Poor training left in area alone for hours and if asked questions was disapplined.(wonder if the top managment CEO know this) So sat and did nothing for days-talk about a waste of money. Was told that we work differently here and was told – more... by a supervisior that I was difficult and expected to much!!! Really.. and immediate managment is aware and backed this up. They need to clean house of management and start over. Very unfriendly atmosphere and stressful feel. – less
Working at Hill-Rom was a good experience because I was able to explore my career options.
Asset Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 17, 2012
Pros: team work, companys tuition reimbursment
Cons: short breaks and lunch hour, management and supervisor replacements
I worked in a hospital facility, in which I was able to learn new things about all the different careers. I worked as a team to get the job done. The hardest part for me was to see so many hurt people coming and going out of the facility. The most enjoyable part was actually learning and observing the different careers.
AWFUL!
Software developers (Former Employee), Cary, NCJuly 9, 2012
Cons: pretty much everything
Hill-Rom is incredibly mis-managed and a horrible place to work. It seems as if employees are in a revolving door there. Lay-offs are always happening and the environment doesn't promote and collaborative effort. Software development managers are cold and unfriendly and play favroites. Stress levels are high and you are guaranteed to work 60-80 hours – more... per week regardless of what is happening. Pay is not that good and communication is poor at best. – less
Productive and fun work day
Asset Specialist/Equipment Technician (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 16, 2012
A typical worked day consited of face to face customer service with the nurising and physician staff of Barnes Jewish Hospital and cleaning equipment for the nursing divisons.
I learned that the patient always came first.
My co-workers were very hardworking.
The hardest part of the job was to make sure that every nursing divison of the hosptial had – more... equipment for the patients,
The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure that the customers and patients were satisfied. – less
Fortune 500 Company with deep portfolio for hospital customers
Northwest Region Manager (Former Employee), Oregon, Washingto, Montana AlaskaJune 13, 2012
No boring days working for Hill-Rom as the portfolio of products and services provides endless opportunities to be in front of your customers. My colleagues were true professionals willing to assist in any way necessary to ensure success. Loved the financial analysis tools made available to assist customers in making sound decisions.
Employee favorable.
Team Assembler (Former Employee), Batesville, INJune 12, 2012
Great place to work. This company really cares about their employees. Teammates very helpful to newcomers.
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Batesville, INJune 5, 2012
Pros: stable and fun
Cons: located in small town.
Very good company to work, people are nice here, products are awesome.

About Hill-Rom

Hill-Rom Holdings holds Hill-Rom Company, which, in turn, holds hospital patients safe and secure. Hill-Rom makes, sells, and – Read more