Hill-Rom

Hill-Rom Employee Reviews

Great place at one point in time
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Charleston, SCMay 15, 2013
Hill-rom could have maintained it's stability as a company if their management team was more stable and knowlegable.
very stressfullllll and unorganized
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee), Charleston, SCApril 21, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: horrible way to work, unstable company
horrible place to work, good people but management is awful. the blind leading the blind
Billion dollar company that has a Starbuck's inside
Rental Customer Service Representative/Team Lead (Current Employee), Batesville, INApril 12, 2013
I've learned a lot working here when it comes to the position and the company. I work in a hostile work environment where it is more like a bad highschool environment rather than an adult proffesional one.
Delivery of hospital equipment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Pennsauken NJMarch 1, 2013
The job is to deliver hospital beds and equipment to area hospitals in a timely manner. This is a great place to work and also learn how to use maintain and fix these beds..
good job overall
Welder (Former Employee), Batesville, INFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: companies care of employees, pay was good
Cons: not there long enough let me go so they dont have to give full time benefits
I learned a lot about robotic welding here. The company took very good care of the people they employ and it was a very safe work enviroment. The hardest part of my job was not knowing when my job was going to end. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and as I said the way the company took care of the employees.
Good place to work, great products, employees and customers
Service Operations Manager Cincinnati Territory (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: confidence, performance, supervision, teamwork, problem solving
Cons: on-call, task saturated, under appreciated
manage daily activities per customer request, direct employees in communciation, teach and guide employees in performance and job duties necessary to fulfill customer request. Check emails and complete reports necessary to ensure goals and compliance measures are met and exceeded.
My job managed 24 direct reports who were all assigned job duties based upon their experience and abilities.
The hardest part to the SOM position is completing the many task involved in a timely fashion all while ensuring the needs of customers are met.
The most enjoyable part is the gratitude that patients and customers provide when a job or service has exceeded their expectation.
A good place to work but not much job security
Customer Service (Former Employee), BatesvilleFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: cafeteria, starbucks inside, breaks, vacation, benefits
Cons: micromanaging, gossip
I was an excellent employee for the year I was with Hill-Rom. My department got restructured and I was dropped in favor for employees that had horrible yearly reviews and stats because of my lack of seniority less than a week before I started college through their tuition reimbursement. I do have a nagging feeling that I was cut because I started school and they had agreed to pay. Their benefits are great and their HR dept. is great to work with.
Always Changing
Tech Automation Support (Former Employee), Batesville, INFebruary 5, 2013
- A typical day as a Tech Automation Support Specialist consisted of troubleshooting android handheld devices, updating training documentation, running reports, updating spreadsheets and assisting team mates with troubleshooting.
- I learned a lot about developing and testing new applications for android phones.
- Over the 7 plus years that I worked for Hill-Rom I had 5 different Supervisors and they all had different policies. The management in each department pretty much makes up there own rules.
- Most of my co-workers were a great addition to my network. However there were some that were all about creating drama
- The hardest part of my job was losing it. I put a lot of me into my position and had no idea that I would be one of the ones to be let go.
- I enjoyed creating new processes, leading my department, and being a part of a team.
Not a good place to work - depending on territory.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TxFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: hard but fulfilling field work.
Cons: starting pay, lack of effective management.
Under good management where employees are held accountable for their actions, this can be a great place to work. Unfortunately, I didn't have that type of experience. My manager was overwhelmed due to the fact that he was doing what used to be 3 different positions. The Houston territory used to be 2 different service centers(5-6 technicians each) with a combined 3 different managers. Now, there is 1 manager with 10-15 technicians. Half of the technicians picked up on the weakness this created and exploited it for personal gain. One quarter merely did their job. The last quarter took the initiative and picked up the slack of the rest to keep everything from falling apart. If you work for the pay you want, it is possible to get there as long as there is a good relationship between the tech, SOM and AVP. Assuming, of course, that you can put up with the environment. Unstable upper management and company direction.
Horrid
Clinical specialist (Current Employee), Shoreview, MNFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: free monthly lunches
Cons: mismanaged and the patient is not a priority
They do not implement their mission statement. Constant downsizing and layoffs. Everybody is always fearful of speaking out to management and also fearful about their job security. If you can find ANYTHING else, do not work there.
Very pleasant place to work.
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: excellent wok environment and associates.
Cons: lacks clearand concise directives from management.
I would love to stay at Hill-Rom; however, my department is shutting down. I enjoy my work while coordinating with health and insurance agencies. Research while following up, documenting, coordinating, billing along with data entry are essential to the health profession and our customers. Maintaining the right relationship and attitude with people and businesses are pluses.
Professional environment
Mechanicle design (Former Employee), Batesville, INJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: having the research and developement tools availible to work with.
Cons: office politics
I started out as a welder and then moved into mechanical design at that time my work as a designer was limited to sustain engineering only making design changes as necessary to improve the products being manufactured in the ambulatory care unit which consisted of Medical Stretchers,OB/GYN beds and the procedural chair. Having success with that I was moved into new product development and recived a patent for my work on Hill-Roms Versa Care bed.
it's ok
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 24, 2012
lots of secrets - no clear communication between management and employee
very friendly and helpful.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee), CADecember 17, 2012
Pros: compensation, professional and friendly
Cons: not enough full time work
I have worked with Hill-Rom for the past year as a patient training. Very friendly staff, fast pay and professional.
Zero or undefined culture, below market pay, Sr. Leadership thus far has not effectively integrating various divisions into parent company
Regional Director (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNDecember 12, 2012
Blead their cash-cow that has huge upside in order to fund new ventures, but won't reinvest in these good businesses to generate even larger returns.
Nice Place to work
Welder (Former Employee), Batesville, INDecember 5, 2012
Great place to work. Great local people, Friendly atmosphere! 3 shifts available.
Great place to work, great small team there to work with
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNNovember 20, 2012
Pros: the work
Cons: the pay
I love seeing that what I do there does make a difference in people's lives. It's a great blessing to me.
Political and Untrustworthy Company
Corporate (Former Employee), CharlestonNovember 19, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor recognition for good work, unqualified managers, constant turn over of employees
Some work well over 40 hours a weeks and other skate out a lot and work part time yet get paid for 40 hours. For the most part, the regional managers are a joke. They are usually nonexistent so the field just tends to their personal life first and work comes second and the company gets ran into the ground. There are talented employees but the political games create an untrustworthy environment and a lot of the good workers get laid off while the lazy employees who are in with the "good old boys" remain with the company.The most enjoyable part of working with this company is there are a lot of good products but a lot of them are in frequent need of repair because the products are old.
Great Company
Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Charleston, SCNovember 17, 2012
This company was a joy to work for. Eevryone from management to the cafetria staff was pleasant and wonderful to work for and with. If the assignment wasnt temporary I would still be working there.

February 15, 2013

There is not a cafeteria in the Charleston office. So I am uncertain how the staff at that cafeteria could have been pleasant.

Extensive amount of Mico-management from the regional to the corporate level. To the point of worrisome
Asset Advantage Manager Uof L Hospital (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 15, 2012
Like a lot of companies today, Hill-Rom offers it's customer a wide range of goods and services. To Hill-Roms detrement it does none of the to the extent of outstanding.

About Hill-Rom

Hill-Rom Holdings holds Hill-Rom Company, which, in turn, holds hospital patients safe and secure. Hill-Rom makes, sells, and – Read more

Hill-Rom Salaries