Hill Haven Nursing Home Employee Reviews

Wonderful resident contact and interaction. Expanded understanding of senior living DIFFICULT IN TRANSPORTING RESIDENTS DUE TO POOR STAFFING
Resident Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Webster, NYJanuary 28, 2017
Able to plan.and supervise resident activities and partake in special events.Developed a sense of closeness and caring with each resident, .
Pros
Friendly surroundings pleasant residents, enjoyable activities, and feeling of family
Cons
Very difficult transporting residents to and from activities, due to structure of an old facility with few elevators
Floor nurse
LPN (Former Employee) –  Penfield, NYJanuary 25, 2017
You have the potential to gain a lot of experience here. They have acutely ill and chronically ill patients both young and old. You will gain PEG/GT experience, IV experience, Trach care and Vent patients.
Pros
Lots of over time available
Cons
They mandate you to stay if staffing issues
Your co-workers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Webster, NYDecember 13, 2016
I was surprise about how my coworkers work together as a team. we help each other when things got bad with the residents and staff. We were a family at work.
Pros
reduce lunch
Loving Environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GADecember 12, 2016
I worked for this company for 1 year, and things were going okay while I was a CNA on the floor. However, once I went into the Shower Room to start working with residents on their bathing, I could never get the help that I needed, which was very difficult for me to perform my job all by myself as I needed the extra help with heavy lifting. I tried for atleast 5 months to get my management staff to get me someone to help me, however they never seemed to have enough people on hand, so after hurting my back I gave up and decided to get out of the nursing field.
Come join the team....No worse than the rest!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYDecember 8, 2016
Hill Haven is a decent place to work overall. They have their pro's and cons as with any nursing facility. They are frequently short-staffed but many attempts to accommodate CNA's are made. I enjoy the staff I work with, the people are pretty friendly. The residents are pleasant for the most part, but due to hospital overflow they have many patients that don't necessarily need a skilled nursing facility but remain as patients there and don't fit in with the overall culture....kind of like RGH's dumping ground. The upper management is very easy going and approachable... there is lots of overtime available on any given day. The pay could be better and more competitive with the rates of other area facilities and the benefits could be more affordable, but overall an ok place to work.
Pros
Plenty of OT available
Cons
Short staffed, Lower pay
Always understaffed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GANovember 28, 2016
CNA to patient ratio never fair or equal. Never enough staff to accommodate. Usually night shift consists of 1 nurse (lpn) to 2 CNAs. Even with maximum beds there wasn't ever enough staff. Patients sometimes have to go without adequate care. Staff has to prioritize.
Variety of patients keep things interesting
RN (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 2, 2016
A typical day includes passing of medications, assisting the aides, restocking the med cart and the patient rooms and any other duties that need to be done. I have learned that multitasking is essential. My co-workers are the best, but communication is key. The hardest part of the job is keeping on top of the admissions and discharges as there are many each day. Enjoy working with the elderly and watching them improve enough to go home.
Loved working here.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GAJune 6, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Hill Haven. Sometimes they can be short staffed, but that is not their fault because of the lack of availability of CNA's in the area. Overall though working there it felt like the workers were family.
An organization that has a culture of excellence
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Webster NYNovember 16, 2013
Nursing homes are to be view and operated as a "home" for those that live there, and that’s what we do. We assure that all the residents are treated with the most up most respect and dignity. A typical day at Hill Haven is full of smiles and adventures for all that work there. Team members are owners and maintain the facility as a home not an institution. The management team are also very much involved in the daily care of all residents, from day trips to just a casual conversation. The most enjoyable part of my job is the great stories I hear from our residents and knowing that I make a difference in their lives.
Rehab setting
Clinical Nurse I, Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  Webster, NYNovember 1, 2013
Fast paced. Supportive staff. Educational opportunities.
Cons
Short breaks

Want to know more about Hill Haven Nursing Home?

Ask a question
like it there and it good place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Webster, NYOctober 1, 2013
good was there in 1981 until 1994 wold like to go back star job there it was fun to work
Pros
cook or prep
Cons
lot in heath care
busy .Many times work with good team members
LPN (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYAugust 5, 2013
I pass meds,do wound care, communicate with patients and their families, other staff members and supervisors.Take off orders.This is a complex care unit,fast and busy unit.Trach patents,cardic,post-op ortho. behavior/dementia patients.. cpr certified .peritoneal certified.
Pros
I like my weekend schedule
Cons
busy, challenging at times
The Management at Hill Haven Nursing Home
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYMarch 24, 2013
The management at Hill Haven Nursing Home are without a shadow of a doubt the best group of individuals I have had the privilege of working with. They are understanding, patient, and they make certain that everyone works in a safe environment.
Pros
excellent co-workers, breaks before work begins, resident satasfaction
Cons
healthcare, illnesses with residents, physical examinations
Director Support Services (Former Employee) –  webster nyNovember 1, 2012
If you love to be around the older population, this would be the place to go
Podunk Nursing Home in Commerce
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GAJuly 25, 2012
Always smelled. Too many residents assigned to each CNA. Hard to keep attention anywhere. No Sera lifts, so had to do some heavy lifting. Always moving to get done with tasks. Vital signs taken manually - took forever. Management was not friendly and always made you very nervous. I enjoyed most of my co-workers. I learned how to be a great CNA. Hardest part of the job was tracking down the multitude of dementia patients to make sure they were safe and doing alright. Every once in awhile, you'd get a real sweet resident that you connected with and that was great.
Pros
felt like a family
Cons
lots of disoriented residents, not enough pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hill Haven Nursing Home. Our community is ready to answer.

Hill Haven Nursing Home Reviews by Location