Hill Haven Nursing Home Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
An organization that has a culture of excellence
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Webster NYNovember 16, 2013
Nursing homes are to be view and operated as a "home" for those that live there, and that’s what we do. We assure that all the residents are treated with the most up most respect and dignity. A typical day at Hill Haven is full of smiles and adventures for all that work there. Team members are owners and maintain the facility as a home not an institution. The management team are also very much involved in the daily care of all residents, from day trips to just a casual conversation. The most enjoyable part of my job is the great stories I hear from our residents and knowing that I make a difference in their lives.
like it there and it good place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Webster, NYOctober 1, 2013
good was there in 1981 until 1994 wold like to go back star job there it was fun to work
Pros
cook or prep
Cons
lot in heath care
busy .Many times work with good team members
LPN (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYAugust 5, 2013
I pass meds,do wound care, communicate with patients and their families, other staff members and supervisors.Take off orders.This is a complex care unit,fast and busy unit.Trach patents,cardic,post-op ortho. behavior/dementia patients.. cpr certified .peritoneal certified.
Pros
i like my weekend schedule
Cons
busy, challenging at times
The Management at Hill Haven Nursing Home
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYMarch 24, 2013
The management at Hill Haven Nursing Home are without a shadow of a doubt the best group of individuals I have had the privilege of working with. They are understanding, patient, and they make certain that everyone works in a safe environment.
Pros
excellent co-workers, breaks before work begins, resident satasfaction
Cons
healthcare, illnesses with residents, physical examinations
Director Support Services (Former Employee) –  webster nyNovember 1, 2012
If you love to be around the older population, this would be the place to go
Podunk Nursing Home in Commerce
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GAJuly 25, 2012
Always smelled. Too many residents assigned to each CNA. Hard to keep attention anywhere. No Sera lifts, so had to do some heavy lifting. Always moving to get done with tasks. Vital signs taken manually - took forever. Management was not friendly and always made you very nervous. I enjoyed most of my co-workers. I learned how to be a great CNA. Hardest part of the job was tracking down the multitude of dementia patients to make sure they were safe and doing alright. Every once in awhile, you'd get a real sweet resident that you connected with and that was great.
Pros
felt like a family
Cons
lots of disoriented residents, not enough pay