Hill Phoenix Employee Reviews in United States

poor
Brake Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAApril 6, 2016
No room for advancement. Raises promised at hire with completion of classes but they will not let you take classes. Supervisors have not work history in the department they are supervising.
Cons
short breaks
Service parts
Lead (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAApril 5, 2016
This is an decent company to work for which has room for growth. Fair management and positive employee atmosphere. Work days can get long trying to meet customer deadlines.
Pros
decent work environment
Cons
some long days
A good job
recieving coordinator (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMarch 17, 2016
A typical day on the job was pretty normal I met a lot of truck drivers learned a lot off new things about receiving.Management was up and down.Everybody did their job so the co workers was ok even though I did my job whether anybody did theirs or not.
hill phoenix
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 23, 2016
Hill Phoenix is a good place to work but i believe it could be a more stable company. I see a lot of people come and go. Co workers are great. Management is not bad. My job can be very difficult at times but its what i like to do. I've learned right much from the company.
Workplace was hostile
Electrical Designer (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAApril 14, 2016
Working at Hill Phoenix was an educational plus. I learned to work in a team environment & was able to implement many cost saving improvements & new product support. Unfortunately the management was not aware of anything their employees were involved in. There was too much power play of managers trying to climb the corporate ladder then trying to implement the right people for the right jobs.
Pros
Steady stream of projects
Cons
Ineffiecent management
good place to work
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 22, 2016
the job dose have its challenges but at the end of the day you are able to make the job fun and make it a good experience . the company is a good way to review what you want to do in life and it gives you a chance to make the step in life . I would tell anyone to take this job and try it for a first time job.
Pros
good money and good benifits
Cons
dont ever get off on time always end up working doubles
Good Place to work
Paint Associate (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJune 9, 2016
To much management turn around. competitive benefit packages, and work lots of overtime during the summer months. they have a great benefit package compared to other companies in the area.
Pros
job stability
Cons
to much management turn around
Process Driven
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJune 28, 2016
Meeting production goals daily.
Executing new processes with co-workers and managers.
Hardest part is losing good associates
Happy team players
Productive and vigorous work environment.
Laser Operator (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJanuary 20, 2016
Typical day epitome would involve being present, stretching for approximately 15 minutes. Talking over the days objectives, I've learned responsibility of depths. Training taught me to become a better leader. We had sections to work within therefore, interacting with co-workers was rare unless I was complete with a job. Complication came with humbling my pride and embracing other leaders as well. The job overall was enjoyable.
Pros
overtime
Cons
no life
Painter
Production painter (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJune 21, 2016
To obtain Professional Painter job that will help me showcase my skills and at the same time help make a contribution to the growth of the company.
Secure place to work
Shear Operator/Welder and Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAAugust 28, 2015
I had a great, clean and safe environment in working within Hill Phoenix.The management was fair and respectful.There was alot of work so we had job security which was a plus.I enjoyed working for Hill Phoenix.
Pros
good money
Cons
none that i can thnk of
Amazing work place I never had.
Manufacturing associate (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAAugust 12, 2015
I learned a lot at Hon Company, from running the production line to the packaging; my co-workers were friendly. The management was great, always there when you need it.The benefits were great.
Pros
Great perfect attendance benefits
Cons
great vacation time
Not a great place to work
Electrical 1 (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJanuary 19, 2015
If you are looking for a great job with great pay and the ability to advance then you are looking in the wrong place. Mismanagement of time and people. The Starting pay here sucks and it will take you forever to top out if you under certain managers. They don't have a pay scale so raises are based on popularity. When there is overtime available you wont have a life. The schedule is subject to change at any moment. They don't give advance notices if they may need you to work over. It hasn't been a very good place to work since 2010.
Judge for yourself
Changed 3 times (Former Employee) –  Keosauqua, IAJanuary 28, 2016
Min 45 Hours a week in the office.
1 Sunday a month.
On call 7 days 24 hours every 6 weeks.
A VP of IT who quotes a bible verse in her email signature.
Constant restructuring and dysfunctional leadership.
40% reduction in IT staff and increased work load.

I can go on and on.

over 15 years in IT and this was the worse experience I have ever had.
Pros
The people.
Cons
All of it, including parking 15mins from the door
enjoy my co workers
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJuly 29, 2015
some days are slow some days are busy
co workers in department are cool to work with
co workers are willing to help out
its a great opportunity to learn the machines in the plant
Pros
no set time for breaks in my department
Cons
raises very hot
Must be work orientated.
Refrigeration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Centerville, IAFebruary 2, 2016
A person will not always know what hours they are going to work. Such as you are told you are working 9 hours each day for a week and then it is shorted to 8 or less. Not very organized. The work however could be very challenging on certain days.
Very productive
Material Handler & Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VA 23834February 23, 2016
Very productive job through out the day and night. Co-workers are nice. Hill Phoenix is very unorganized and confusing.
Pros
Easy nights getting the job done
Cons
Broken machines and forklifts
Exciting fun place to work
Assembly Associate (Former Employee) –  Chester, VANovember 1, 2015
I love working for Hill Phoenix it's been almost 5 years.I had learned so much working here.Come aboard and join us.Wr are always hiring.
Pros
Job security, insurance
Cons
Slow season
Has potential
Human Resources Employee Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAFebruary 17, 2013
A challenege is always welcoming and can make a job well worht being there. This company is a large challenge, in which so many new and fresh ideas can be brought to the table. There is a lot of work that can be done to bring Hill Phoenix up to date. However, the ones that have been hired to bring their new fresh ideas get put on the back burner because the old are not interested in changing their ways. This becomes a constant battle that becomes exhausting for those who do enjoy a challenge. There is so much potential in this company, but the sad part is that it will never change.
Pros
great benefits, regular work hours, potential motivated work staff
Cons
not interested in advancement nor change
Just a job
warehouse (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAAugust 14, 2015
NO regard for work/life balance or the families of employees. Constantly make employees work long overtime hours and 7 days a week with no days off. This takes a big toll on family life.

This could be avoided with a 5S/lean process in place. Production is very unorganized. Lots of wasted time doing unnecessary things to fix simple problems that shouldn't exist in the first place.
Cons
No incentives