Hill Phoenix Employee Reviews

If you get this job, take it serious... It has a future.
Sheet Metal Welder, (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 13, 2017
Two words------amazing company!!!!!!!

Without a doubt it has to be the very best company ive ever worked for. Besides the pay being outstanding, the benefits alone are worth gaining employment for. I just wish I would have taken this job way more seriously...
Pros
Great people
Cons
Could get better insurance provider
Very productive and fast paced environment
Electrician I (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAJuly 10, 2017
Very fast paced environment involving electronics. Work night shifts at 12 hours 4 nights per week. Great environment easy to talk to people. Company good on growth. There was never a hard day on the job.
Pros
Pizzas on Thursday nights
Cons
Salary was excellent.
Hill Phoenix
Machine Operator and Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJune 29, 2017
This company taught me so much . From reading a measuring tape , operating different machinery , and assembling the product together . Giving plenty of opportunity for growth .
Productive place to work
tank and canopy (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJune 28, 2017
HillPhoenix was a productive place to work but very challenging. It was hard working there but yet fun at the same time. I really enjoy the staff and people i worked with.
Productive, fun and challenging work place
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 23, 2017
I work here for 9 years and loved to go to work every single day. The only reason I had to leave this place is that I relocated to Gainesveille FL for my daughter.
Electrical prefabrication
Warehouse Electrician (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 21, 2017
Upon starting employment the company will provide you with all the tools needed and tool bag. All jobs will be clocked in on individually documenting all actual working hours per job..
Pros
Company pikniks and great benifits
Cons
Sometimes long hours are mandated [seasonal]
Work hard
Builder (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJune 14, 2017
There's a good place to work at at first until they start acting funny was there for four years supervisors are very funny fired because they didn't like me
Cons
Great place to work and can get a lot of overtime
Brake Operator/assembly line (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJune 13, 2017
Easy to learn fun and kool people great safety work environment steady work close to good food places for lunch cool air conditioning matches 401k and great health insurance
Very disorganized and lack of integrity
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAJune 5, 2017
This company culture spends most of it's time going in circles looking for someone to blame. There is no method of production scheduling so you're constantly putting out fires. Quality Program is non-existent and employee training is virtually none. A company ran on tribal knowledge and metrics rather than productive planning, training and organization. Micro-managers, who rather procrastinate with no idea of how to solve the problem. There is a go with the flow mentality that presents a detrimental resistance to change. This would be a great company if there was more integrity and management would address their mistakes rather than cover them up in metrics.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Lack of integrity, micro-managers, no organization
Insane
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAMay 29, 2017
Poor upper management!

Day to day is Crazy, a lot is expected of you but little is given back. Processes and procedures are limited.

Working there is insane!
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Poor upper management

Want to know more about Hill Phoenix?

Ask a question
Safe fun workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAApril 22, 2017
Hill Phoenix is a fun workplace to work at the pay rate at time is reasonable pay but days off will drive u crazy because base on production needs you might not get a day off in a week.
Corparate atmosphere only, definately not family oriented anymore! Horrible place to work and wouldn't recommend it to anyone!
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  GAApril 17, 2017
This company has taken everything that used to keep employees happy. No company picnic, no profit sharing, no employee appreciation, no nothing. Morale on the production floor is definitely at an all time low. This company doesn't even know how to spell family anymore!!! STAY AWAY!!! Management & Human Resources are horrible. Treat employees like they are a piece of trash. Zero communication as well. I will never recommend this company to anyone anymore and I've been here for 20+ yrs.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
Zero employee appreciation
Productive and beneficial workplace
Brake Operator (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAMarch 18, 2017
I brake parts for coolers every day.
I attended courses to become MS (Manufacturing Specialist) and MT1 (Manufacturing Technician Level 1). Besides, I learned a lot of skills in Hill Phoenix.
The management is relatively.
The company focus on safety and quality, it expects the responsibility of the employees.
To break long and heavy metals is my hardest part.
To figure out the way to break difficult parts is my favorite.
Pros
Free tickets to go to Kings Dominion
Cons
old machines
assembler
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAMarch 7, 2017
i was employed through advantastaff temp agency and would love to be a potential hire through the company. I enjoy the environment and the people were nice.
Nice place to work
Welder (Current Employee) –  Keosauqua, IAMarch 7, 2017
This place has a good work environment, the people are nice to work with. its a clean place to work, leads are knowledgeable about what they are doing
trimmer
Pre-Con/ Material Distribution Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAMarch 6, 2017
I enjoyed working with the company had it not been a major lay off I would currently still be working there .i would give any company I work with the best of my ability
bad company
Insulator (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GADecember 7, 2016
Speechless, This is not a good company, Bad Management treat you with little to no respect. This Company has a high turn over
Pros
pay is good
Cons
horrible management
Great Company
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GADecember 5, 2016
Commissioned all phases of refrigeration equipment at new opening super centers.

I learned that every role was as important to accomplish a finish product. From the Engineers to the cleaning crew.

My co-workers were enjoyable and professional in every aspect. I made good lasting friendships.

Management had a fair open door relationship with its employees.

The hardest part of my job was staying away from my family as I traveled Monday through Thursday. I missed out on my children's school activities.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being home Friday through Sunday and enjoying a home cook meal.
Pros
Paid for all traveling expenses
Cons
Traveled and stayed away from family
i enjoy the job,
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GANovember 22, 2016
I came to this Job after been laid off from my last job think this would be the last one until I retire. I'm hard work hard and i got the job done and love that job, I enjoy the management and my co-worker.
Productive workplace
Insulator (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GANovember 1, 2016
Insulate the low and cool temp pipes, cut and measure out the insulation, mummy wrap the tank then plastic wrap the tank.