HILLCREST COUNTRY CLUB Employee Reviews

Nice people but Lacking Management
Server (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Many employees were nice people with kind hearts along with many members. There was a particular group of employees who were favored more by a certain manager, which made that group act superior towards their other colleagues. This made working as a team stressful, difficult, and obnoxious.

It was also extremely stressful at times to do simple tasks due to the lack of communication and knowledge of how things should run from both the managers.

Management strictly enforces rules but does not lead by example. There is a mandatory unpaid 30 minute break that you are not able to regulate, and there is no way to know for sure if you are being paid correctly.
Fun workplace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, TNDecember 22, 2017
Fun workplace , great place to learn to make mix drinks. Also , wedding reception and birthday parties are available to bartend. Need to tewuwdt a beverage cart for golf tournaments.
Pros
Dicounts
Cons
Weekends
Not the best place to work
PRO SHOP MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 29, 2017
Management is horrible. Crazy hours. Working 12 hours a day and then expect us to be there at 5am the next morning. Horrible work/life balance. Go work at a different country club.
Poor leadership
Lead Line (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 27, 2017
Executive chef that doesn't know his head from a hole in the ground. His ego surpasses his skills. worst executive chef i have ever seen. He came from california and had the manner that he was better than idaho chefs.
Fun place to work for summer
Customer Service -Summer Position Only (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKNovember 13, 2017
It was a good summer job to have. It was a fun and relaxed place to work but there was a lack of management. The workers were pretty much free to do whatever they wanted too
Luxury Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 23, 2017
Work with dedicated team members in stable work environment in luxury environment with long standing history in community and Los Angeles Culture. Dedication to needs of employees and good benefits. Meals provided. Enjoyed my time here very much and continue to have long-standing friendships after leaving this position.
one of the worst jobs I have ever had
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 29, 2017
I had never worked fine dining and this was not the right job to be my first time working fine dining. They were so under staffed everyday that I would be soaked in sweat from running. but the workers are awesome!
Pros
nice business
Cons
The micro managing and froma manager that didnt help with anything
Fun place to work with awesome co-workers
Lifeguard & Swim Lesson Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 13, 2017
I found Hillcrest to be a fun place to work in that I had already made friendships before introducing myself into the work environment. The club was a great place for a summer job.
Pros
Free lunch/dinner
Cons
rude members, management was ok
Fun place with awesome managers
Bag Room Employee (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKJune 5, 2017
Really fun place to work where you can meet the awesome members out at the country club and learn how to golf, if you would like to. The managers are awesome here and will help with anything you need.
Cons
only pays minimum wage
Fast paced, fun, and safe work environment.
Cafe Attendant (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 23, 2017
Working at Hillcrest Country Club has been a great experience so far. It has taught me many lessons in life. I can't wait to use all that I have learned here in the future.
Its was a fun environment
Custodial (Former Employee) –  LubbockMay 5, 2017
I like working with them . Company was nice and everyone worked together. Was very friendly had a open door policy . Felt like work but then it seem more like family fun there to keep club run smoothly
Pros
It was nice workong insidw and outside
tiempo
Instructor de tennis (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OklahomaApril 17, 2017
habit tiempo para hacer otras cosas contrarias a solo trabajar
Not too bad
Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INMarch 26, 2017
Pretty good place to work with good people. The pay is a bit low but in the long run I was just looking for a summer job with 40 hours a week and thats what i got.
fast pace and fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKDecember 1, 2016
Worked with many members throughout the day, set up special private parties
learned leadership skills and communication skills
enjoyed all of my co workers
hardest part of the job was stacking 200 chairs one by one
most enjoyable part was meeting the people of my community
Employee- family fun
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 28, 2016
Every day was a routine, I learned a great deal in my 16 + years at Hillcrest. Being at the front desk you see and hear everything that goes on. You see every face and hear every voice weather you want to or not. My job description was a very long list to include ; Human resource, expense reports, greeting of customers, cash handling procedures and a variety of many other tasks while taking care of the front lobby. a "typical" work day in the golf course /restaurant business it is always kicker! there is always a "new one" just when you thought you heard it all before! but it was like a family gathering everyday, the employees had worked there for so many years together we had great times it was very sad for all of us when it came to an end. The most enjoyable part of working there was all the knowledge that I gained and the experiences that I had .
Pros
great Benefits
Cons
Very Poor Management
Good co workers horrible managment
Executive Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 6, 2016
Fun place to work and a great place to learn new cooking techniques, strong chef but severely lacking in management in the front of house causing issues with members and causing servers to constantly turnover so we rarely had a strong serving crew
upcoming yet old atmosphere with vibrant culture
Head bartender (Current Employee) –  Vernon, TXJuly 12, 2016
New creativity upcoming on all new members, excellent food, there is actually no management which is the biggest issue. I love my customers, and the ideas that are able to fulfill and suceed.
Good Summer Job
Assistant Pool Manager, Life Guard (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 1, 2016
I worked here as a lifeguard for four summers. On a typical day I would arrive and open the pool, set up umbrellas, life saving floats and backboards, put out towels for guests and test the water for pH and Chlorine levels. for the rest of the day I would sit in lifeguard chair and watch patrons swim, switching every thirty minutes with the other lifeguard on duty. We also test the pool chemistry every two hours. My co-workers were all younger and less experienced as a lifeguard than me, I often picked up slack for them. The hardest part of the job was just sitting in the heat all day, also sometimes our pool chemistry would get out of whack and there is a long process in getting them back into the right levels. I learned a lot about how the mechanics of the pool work, I learned how to refill all of the chemical dispersion machines. Management of the pool was a shared position between the other manager and I, we ran the pool and were the only ones with keys and authorization to receive chlorine shipments and run the pool equipment.
Pros
Free lunches, polite and respectful patrons
Cons
Not much relief from heat on hot days
average team effort due to F&B management.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 18, 2016
not a fun place to work. Management not concerned about retaining quality professional workforce, rather concerned only about employing friends and not recognizing experienced workforce. Politics plays role in who is awarding the most hours and quality sections and bars.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKJune 16, 2016
Long hours. Fun atmosphere. Management was good. Course was really nice. Could use more members. No tips allowed was no fun.
Pros
cheap good food, free golf
Cons
Long hours, sub-par pay