Hillcrest Health Services Employee Reviews

Employee Friendly
RN (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NEJune 18, 2017
Focuses on quality care for the aging adult while providing support and great benefits for the employees. Locally owned and a fantastic company to work for!
Pros
Employee friendly
Horrible to their employees
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NEFebruary 16, 2017
This facility could be amazing if they actually cared about the employees. Memory Support is a nightmare and not because of the residents. Its the employees back here. The clicks that one nurse and one clinical care manager have formed with 2 of the worst and laziest employees has made it nearly unworkable.
If you make the mistake of taking a risk and working here dont ever even think about letting ANY of the managers or administrator know of any issues you see going on that is borderline abuse to the residents because they will NOT try to fix the problem. They will turn you into a target for just trying to make sure that these residents that cant speak up for themselves are getting correct care. The 2 nurse techs back here one male and one mentally unstable female have been turned into managment on more than a dozen occasions and because the horrible clinical care coordinator and the highly obese nurse are friends with these techs NOTHING ever gets taken care of with them.
I will be putting in my 2 week notice as soon as spring hits and all i can suggest is dont come to work here.. They brought in a new d.o.n. who is suppose to be cleaning all the mess up back here but she is just as bad as the rest. If you actually care for residents dont work here cause your not allowed to care.
Pros
Every other weekend off
Cons
Poor management. Staff clicks. Bad employee moral
Honest and secure environment for a place of work.
Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Papillion, NEJanuary 20, 2017
I loved working for this company especially the residents. The only thing I did not like was that I was mislead on my advancement within the company.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Lack of care in some employees.
Unrecommended workplace
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEJanuary 9, 2017
The nurse to patient ratio on the 7p to 7a shift is 25 to 1! They do not have competitive payscale, nor have any shift differential for overnight or weekend shifts. They are incredibly understaffed and place that difficulty on scheduled staff. They also change your schedule and assignment at whim. By being so understaffed the onshift nurse runs a big risk for error. They have a very high turn over of those that want to maintain the integrity of their licensure and have run not walked to another facility. I would not at this time be able to recommend this facility as a favorable work environment for a nurse.:
Pros
Beautiful facility and clean
Cons
Staffing issues. Non competitive payscale"
Bad Workplace
nurse (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEJanuary 7, 2016
This was one of my worst nursing jobs. Very high turnover, no help from the management, some co-workers spend more time trying to get other co-workers in trouble than on doing their job! Hillcrest focuses so much on the patients that they could care less about their employees & their happiness. They refused to listen to any constructive criticism from employees, making excuses for everything. They had unreasonable expectations. Low pay, & their raises sucked. Oh & make sure you ask them about how they're requiring employees to work every weekend right now, since they're so understaffed! I do NOT recommend working here!!!
Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEMay 29, 2015
Hillcrest is a great place to work, the only reason I left was because no available LPN positions at the time.
A typical day was spent administering medications and assisting with ADL's. The entire facility worked as a team no matter what department you were in, and the residents always came first.
Pros
Great team work!
Cons
Short staffed at times
Good concept
My supervisor is Angela Cappellano (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 22, 2015
The overall concept they have for the cottages is an excellent idea. If you ask any employee it isn't being ran correctly. Their are something that they want the looks to matter but it is not in the best interest for the elders. Hillcrest has so many idea for the future but they want it now and its to fast. They need to be able to know confidently that that one place of employment is secure and has a great flowing way of running they cottages or whatever else, before they jump to the next idea and start on that. Great ideas but no follow thru.
Pros
Good ideas
Cons
no breaks, staffing is horrible
Wonderful Vision for enhancing the lives of aging adults
Human Resource Generalist-Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEJanuary 21, 2014
Hillcrest is a wonderful facility as a whole. Their mission is to enhance the lives of aging adults. I enjoyed helping team members with all of their benefit needs.
Pros
Company Vision
Productive and fun workplace. Not a lot of turnover.
Certified Nursing Assistant and Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEJune 20, 2012
I enjoyed my experience at Hillcrest. It was a place that not only was a job but really felt like a career. The turnover was low which is unusual. Hardest part of the job was to get a routine down but once that was accomplished it was a peice of pie. The most enjoyable part of the job was the residents.
Pros
salary and benifits
Cons
turnover of patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hillcrest Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Hillcrest Health Services Reviews by Location