HILLCREST MEDICAL CENTER

HILLCREST MEDICAL CENTER Employer Reviews

Enjoyed working at Hillcrest for many years.
Stationary Engineer 1st. class unlimited (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKDecember 5, 2014
Pros: interesting working for a large health care system.
Cons: no longer had the feeling of being part of a large family.
Believed I would retire from Hillcrest but as the years went by it became obvious that each department was being "sold out" to company's that were contracting out the work. My department was no exception.
productive and fun place to work
Intake Counselor (Current Employee), tulsa okNovember 16, 2014
productive and fun place to work if you like working with kids and making a difference in their lives and have a kind heart to help and teach
Ability to be compensation and caring
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 29, 2014
Pros: working with new moms and newbon babies
Worked in the birth care department, helped admit patients and newborns, made charts for both patients. processed release of information requests received form hospital and doctors office.
Pediatrics
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Tulsa, OklahomaOctober 17, 2014
Provided acute and long term care for hospitalized children, ranging from abused children, burned children, influenza, etc.
Very good hospital to work for
Bilingual Registration Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 10, 2014
I enjoyed working with such nice staff at Hillcrest, plus they have excellent health insurance.
I enjoyed my time there
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 17, 2014
I really enjoyed working at HMC in the emergency room, it is a fast-paced environment.
Great people, great care.
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee), OKAugust 5, 2014
Pros: various shift options, pay raises honored timely, and great staff
Cons: loved what i did, but can be labor intensive.
I worked several shifts with this medical center while deciding to go into nursing school or start a business career. They have flexible work options and I appreciated that.
good place for advancement
Endoscopy Tech (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 26, 2014
Changing lives I feel is what I have most in common with this organization.
fun work space
Floor Technician / housekeeping (Former Employee), tulsa okJuly 1, 2014
Pros: discount for lunch
Cons: 3 breaks
this is a wondful company two tumbs up. Sometimes they pay for lunch on the weekend and give bonuses
Average Old, For Profit Hospital Environment
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 18, 2014
Pros: great radiologist, loyal work staff
Cons: old hospital, bad pay, difficult advancement, equipment problems, low morale
It was an okay opportunity after I became a tech but very difficult to advance in a back-biting community of colleagues.

Its old, and our department was not updated except for applying the same grey paint that was used 20 years ago. We had patient complaints daily -stating they felt like they were in a dungeon, and that the area was a throw-back to – more... original radiology departments.

They did finally get new portables and one new digital x-ray room in diagnostic-that's great! after years of being cut out of the budget.

However, The Heart Hospital does not get the attention it deserves from diagnostic rad department because it is soooo far away with no processors located in that area. Hopefully OHI will purchase a digital portable for that area to compensate (but don't hold your breath-Radiology was always bumped out of the budget by them)

AND the 2 digital portables belong to ER and diagnostic only.

The Staff is great as far as patient care, but day shift is overloaded and stressful for the Techs and it shows.
Second shift gives great care because it is not overloaded, and laid back individuals make up the group.
There are only 2 people over night. One upstairs and one in ER for the WHOLE hospital including ER. It seems like there should be 3 at least one who can cover surgery and balance out the AM portables.

Overall, Its a great opportunity to learn your ropes on All shifts. You'll be a better tech because of it. However Pay is bad and pay advancement is only 2%(no more than 3%) on average per year increase. Management lets you know that you're dispensable so you won't expect and increase. The Radiologist were Fantastic to work for. They were not usually moody, and always communicated what they needed from you. Most of the requests were not unreasonable, maybe a few from the new hires. – less
Awesome place to work
Cardiac Cath Lab Technologist (Former Employee), Waco TxApril 26, 2014
Pros: lots of learning
Scrubbing and monitoring cardiac catheterization Cases.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 17, 2014
Pros: discounts offered at the hospital cafeteria
Cons: wacky schedule
I enjoyed my co-workers. I enjoyed the work with the patients. The only exception was the hours and in how schedules were put together. Even though there were plenty of hours to get at the time, but the schedule was hard to follow. In example working a 11 pm shift to 7 am and return back to work the day after for a 3 pm to 11 pm or to come back and – more... cover a 11 am to 7 pm. – less
Great place to continue learning in the field
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 28, 2013
Assist in minor patent procedures and take and record patient vital signs.Learned how to process patent cultures and to apply my knowledge efficiently.
Duties
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee), McAllen, TXDecember 18, 2013
Front Desk, greeting patients, scheduling appointments, answering phone, taking messages, verifying insurance, filing
Never a dull moment in mother-baby!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKDecember 12, 2013
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: minimal management support
Working in the mother-baby unit, generally staffing was good. The work load is very unpredictable by nature, so sometime things got rough. Management was frequently not present on night shift. The group of floor staff worked well as a team and would help one another out. The hardest part of the job was working with no "back-up" on call and a large number – more... of deliveries. The best part of the job was being able to enjoy the start of a new life and a new family. – less
Pretty Good Place to Work.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 23, 2013
Pros: cafeteria discount
Cons: very large place that takes a long time to get familiar with.
While I am not always pleased with how the parent company handles things, I love the people I work with.
Wonderful place to work.
CT Supervisor (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 17, 2013
Very busy and fast paced place to work. It is a growing facility and gets bigger all the time. I enjoyed my time at this hospital and would recommend it to everyone.
Excellent Company to work for
Tulsa Ok-Team Leader (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 16, 2013
Cons: lived out of tulsa so had to stay with others
Hillcrest is a wonderful hospital to work for. I went PRN due to my father's death and I live 2 hours away and had to stay with friends. Great benefits and good people to work with.
Very organized and structured Company
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 9, 2013
Pros: loved working in healthcare again.
Cons: went thru my first layoff
Enjoyed working with my peers.
Processing AP
Management was micro-managed
Patient care first then staff as all work for the patients care, Hillcrest has a nice fitness center.
Transport Tech (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 28, 2013
Pros: good staff
Cons: need to communicate more
Worked with many departments in the Hospital as well as Nurses techs and Doctors to transport patients from Hospital rooms to tests and back once again. Learned how to make the patients comfortable and how to use the floor Nurses and Tech to aid in that task. Helped calmed the patient down and gave them comfort. Tuck orders from management and completed – more... each task given. Worked well with every person in the Hospital and had the respect of all I came into contact with. Excellent recommendations from high up staff members that watched me preform day after day. The hardest part of the job was time constraints on staff and paper work that need to be done in order to transport a patient. Most enjoyable part was working with the patients and getting them to trust me. I am a people orientated person and they can see that by my actions on the job. I loved this job more then any other job I have had the people are very special to me. – less