Hillcrest Medical Center Employee Reviews

Its a good starting point or healthcare personel
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 25, 2016
I was reluctant to accept the job there as they said that they would not pay me what I was previously making. I think it was a good decision for the time. I needed income and insurance. however. I had to wait 30 days to be eligible for benefits and then another 30 days beore they kicked in. it was a nightmare. not to mention the cost of the insurance being so absorbant that I hardly have any net pay left over. Don't get me wrong the insurance is great, But why would a company that hires so many people through (Ardent their parent company) have insurance that leaves many of their employees living at or below the poverty wage at the end cost. The lunch breaks I ad to get use to also a 30 minute lunch and sometimes so busy had to just tell them I'm going to lunch and that is that. I love my co-workers and the patients that's why I've been in Healthcare or about twenty years so I keep going back for more. Management has been good so far so it sotens the blow a bit.
Pros
payroll deduction available or meals via employee ID
Cons
Short, breaks, low pay and high priced benefits( ie. insurance)
hcaps priority over patient safety, nurses fear for their jobs
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  ccuMay 21, 2016
Managements priority is heaps not patient safety, when a family member made a request that I felt was unsafe for the patient I was told by both the doctor and the manager to do as requested because "we get paid on customer service". During my time there many of the nurses told me that if you jeopardize a good heaps for any reason they will get rid of you. One charge nurse even gave examples, including a nurse that was dismissed for reporting a patient for assault on a healthcare worker. More than one charge nurse made the statement that nurses are disposable here. Most of the nurses here were afraid to report anything due to anticipated job loss if they did. There is also no support for staff and a tense environment. I resigned due to ethical issues.
Pros
hires new nures, direct deposit
Cons
no management support, wrong priorities, no value of employees, most nurses under 3 years exp.
Cross Trained Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 5, 2016
I love Hillcrest. I learned and acquired many new skills and abilities. My manager was very flexible and worked with me regardless of my situations I had. A typical day at work would usually be spent laughing. My co-workers were awesome, we always helped each other out whenever helped was needed. We also kept each other on our toes laughing and joking. The most enjoyable part of my job was hands down my co-workers. The worst part of my job was having to leave it.
Risking your license daily
RN (Former Employee) –  VariousAugust 20, 2016
Understaffed and overworked, the upper management sets you up for failure and uses the nurse as a scape goat when you cant be a super hero. Seriously, don't risk your career
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too many to list
Produtive and informational place to work at.
Concierge / Security Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 26, 2015
To give a review regarding Hillcrest Medical Center would do no justice. A typical day at work would consist of excitement. Daily your able to learn just about anything from any department. My working there was among some of the best co-workers not to mention management is awesome. Going home for the day I must be honest was the hardest part of my job. Going to work was the enjoyable part for me.
Pros
There was always room for advancement.
Cons
The overtime could be a little too much at times.
charge nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 4, 2016
supervised staff, delegated assignments provided patient care, coordinated admissions/discharges, and resolved conflicts.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
N/A
Love HMC, great place to work!
Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 26, 2015
- Fire response
- Fire Drills
- Emergency Management Response
- Active Shooter Response
- Initiate and Run Incident Command when internal and external disasters or situations affect normal hospital operations
- Oversea the Hazardous Material and Waste Management Programs
- Oversea the Bio-Medical Equipment program and measurable goals
- Oversea the Facilities and Life Safety program and measurable goals
- Conduct weekly Environment of Care inspection and audit of all patient care and non patient care areas hospital wide and on our five off site locations
Pros
Not micro managed, freedom to revamp and update the Safety Program
Cons
Underpaid for being the only Safety Coordinator for a 704 bed hospial, have no administrative assistant
Stressful enviroment
Registration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 21, 2015
Stressful, new changes aren't always good changes, management isn't good, co- workers are great, and very stressful environment.
Pros
Good health benefits, good co-workers
Cons
Extremley busy, management, and lack of good help
Worse security department!
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 28, 2015
Security management miro-manages everything. They only advance friends and not the people of deserve it. The Chief is naive, and the Captain is the biggest miro-manager. They have no trust for the employees and will not bad them.

There is tons of overtime there. The reason is that only a few people with work the overtime.

The Security Department isn't a great department to work for.
Never a dull moment in mother-baby!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 12, 2013
Working in the mother-baby unit, generally staffing was good. The work load is very unpredictable by nature, so sometime things got rough. Management was frequently not present on night shift. The group of floor staff worked well as a team and would help one another out. The hardest part of the job was working with no "back-up" on call and a large number of deliveries. The best part of the job was being able to enjoy the start of a new life and a new family.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
minimal management support
Productive and fun environment to work in.
Sterile Processing Technician II (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 11, 2015
- A Typical day at work consist of cleaning, assembling and sterilizing instrument for surgery.

- I learned new instrument sets

- I didn't approve of our management. I think it could of be a lot better in regards to listening to what the co-workers had to say and listening to our ideas to make it a better work environment.

- I loved working with my co-workers.

- The hardest part of my job is trying to get everything done before my shift was over. Our work load was heavy and set at a fast pace.

- The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that the instruments were getting the proper inspection and sterilization required for surgery and for patient safety.
Pros
working with a group of women and men that are fun and full of energy.
Cons
management not listening to us about ideas and concerns
helping the kids
pysch tech (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 24, 2015
getting the unit ready for the day get the kids fed and ready for school while keeping check on them and making sure everybody are safe from them self and others
Pros
helping
Cons
new rules every day
Hillcrest is a very buzy OR
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 25, 2015
Hillcrest is a good place to work with many different schedules to help balance work life and personal life. Management could be involved more to make the system work more smoothly.
Great people, great care.
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  OKAugust 5, 2014
I worked several shifts with this medical center while deciding to go into nursing school or start a business career. They have flexible work options and I appreciated that.
Pros
various shift options, pay raises honored timely, and great staff
Cons
loved what i did, but can be labor intensive.
Busy unit
Registered Nurse, RN-IV (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 17, 2015
Revolving door in our medium-sized NICU which includes a level II nursery. Fast-paced with compassionate multi-disciplinary team. Many deliveries accepting babies as young as 23 weeks gestation.
Pros
busy, many high-risk deliveries
Cons
no pediatric general surgeon, short staffing
Fast pace work environment,great Doctor's wonderful co-workers.
Endoscopy Tech (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 14, 2012
My day at work started at 6:45am and we worked till finished. There were 5 tech's. 8 RN's. 6 doctor's. With that many people you learn to be a very good team player which is very important on any hospital unit. We did anywhere from 25 to 48 cases a day. My job as an endoscopy tech. was to assists physicians with the preformance of endoscopy procedures(including EGD"s, and Colonoscopies, ERCP's, Peg-placement's); care, cleaning and maintenance of GI-LAB equipment (scpoes,monitors,cautery,forceps,etc.); assist with admit/recovery of patients; preform vital signs;documentation; inventory management.
We had an excellent team. I enjoyed coming to work
and doing a good job helping each other. the hardest was the transition from paper to the computer.
Pros
learning new things.
Cons
no lunches.
Patient care first then staff as all work for the patients care, Hillcrest has a nice fitness center.
Transport Tech (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 28, 2013
Worked with many departments in the Hospital as well as Nurses techs and Doctors to transport patients from Hospital rooms to tests and back once again. Learned how to make the patients comfortable and how to use the floor Nurses and Tech to aid in that task. Helped calmed the patient down and gave them comfort. Tuck orders from management and completed each task given. Worked well with every person in the Hospital and had the respect of all I came into contact with. Excellent recommendations from high up staff members that watched me preform day after day. The hardest part of the job was time constraints on staff and paper work that need to be done in order to transport a patient. Most enjoyable part was working with the patients and getting them to trust me. I am a people orientated person and they can see that by my actions on the job. I loved this job more then any other job I have had the people are very special to me.
Pros
good staff
Cons
need to communicate more
No chance for advancement
Documentation specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 27, 2015
They do not reward hard work. Advancements not given to those who deserve them. Over all a very difficult, stressful workplace.
Rewarding enviromnent with many educational growth opportunities
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OklahomaAugust 14, 2015
Great place for an experienced nurse to relocate to. They offer many opportunities for overtime. Managers allowed you to set your own schedule on concerro.
working with hillcrest
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 5, 2015
working with hillcrest was amazing management is wonderful we work together as a family and that is always important to me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hillcrest Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Hillcrest Medical Center Reviews by Location