Hillcrest Medical Center Employee Reviews

Acceptable wages, but stressful working environment. Work schedule was good.
RN Operating Room Circulator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 13, 2017
I took the Perioperative nursing course while in this facility. I earned approximately 90 continuing education hours by passing the final examination. I learned from textbook as well as hands-on how to be a nurse circulator. I was able to circulate general, nephrology, orthopedic, and neurology surgery cases.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits.
Cons
Management. Stressful working environment.
Hillcrest Medical Center
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 11, 2017
It was a very good place to work at the time. I left because of a certain manager who was forcing me to choose between my job and my family. Later this Supervisor was fired
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
May not always get lunch
ok place to work, enjoyed my coworkers.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 10, 2017
ok place to work, enjoyed my coworkers. loved the gym, loved my work schedule. wish the raises you got were better. wish there was room for advancement
Dietary office (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 8, 2017
Overall I really enjoyed working for this company. The mangers are really caring and help you through any challenge that may come your way. They run things in a very organized manner.
Pros
Free pop and lots of parties to celebrate our good work ethic.
Cons
Short breaks.
Very fast-paced environment
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 7, 2017
Hillcrest is where is started my medical career! I started out in housekeeping in the ICU and the manager felt like she would love for me to work in her department. She hired me after 6 months and it turned into 8 years. This company has been nothing but great to me!
Pros
Lunch comes out of your check, just swipe your badge in the cafeteria which is helpful when you're in between paychecks
Cons
Sometimes the day is so fast-paced that it could be stressful on coworkers
Horrible
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 29, 2017
Overworked employees and always short staffed. No teamwork. Some floors are ok to work on. Plenty of overtime available if that is what you are wanting.
Productive workplace with good pay.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 26, 2017
Good overall workplace. Work could be very busy at times and slower at others. Job security depended on field employed in. Culture was mostly positive. The hardest part of the job was often lack of effective communication and dealing with demands of physicians. But job paid well and gave a lot of independence which was nice. Lacking in job security as transcription field being replaced by technology.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Job security as technology being implented to replace transcriptionists.
Good place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 25, 2017
It's a good place to work could use more team work and better use of time but it's a good place to work the food in the cafe could be better nurses could help out more
Excellant programs such as shift select allows you to make your own schedule. Friendly staff.
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 14, 2017
The job was challenging at times with patient/nurse ratio but the teamwork and support of one another made all difference in the outcome of patient care. I learned how to develop better time management! I also learned how to operate equipment I had not used in my past experience. The most enjoyable part of my job was making a difference in someone's life, whether it was the patient or the team I worked with. Out workplace culture was to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction through attentiveness to their needs.
Pros
shift select
Cons
short staffed
n/a
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 13, 2017
n/a. Clinical dietitian. Hillcrest Medical Center. Good benefits, Very happy with management and co-workers. Good place to work. Good salary and great boss
Can be tedious
Phlebotomist I (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 12, 2017
Fun place to work. But management needs to get rid of its favoritism.
Needs more organization on how to assign blood draws to the phlebotomists. For instance, some of the shifts stop work early, and leave work and restocking to next shift.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too much overtime. Lots if favortism.
Easy but poor management
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 5, 2017
Housekeeping position is easy but the staff is very unprofessional. Lot of the people there are rude and have bad attitudes. I see why the patients complain all the time. They need a respectful crew... Handful of great employees
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Bad management
Hill crest
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYMay 28, 2017
It is a medical center for the older people, they were taken care , We would give baths everyday,they,would have special days for the employees, for birthdays or for not messing work or doing more than their share for when we worked short. The management was very good to everyone.
Great enviornment for learning and developing new skill sets
Student Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 28, 2017
The diagnostic radiology department is a great learning experience for student technologists. This facility gave me opporotunities to grow more confident in patient care and communication.
Overall it is a good place to work
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 20, 2017
It's a fast paced place to work. Management was not very good for the overnight shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with my patients which I thought was the main focus.
Pros
patient care
Cons
no breaks on overnights
Great people! Great Staff!!!
Cook (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 12, 2017
I really have enjoyed working at Hillcrest because of the great staff! They have great benefits, I enjoyed working with the different variety of people!
Productive and Fun Atmosphere
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Henryetta, OKMay 10, 2017
Any job is stressful but working for Hillcrest has been the best decision I have ever made. Great group of people who knows teamwork matters and is a priority,
Pros
Pto, Health Benefits, 401 K, Dental & Vision Insurance
Cons
Short Breaks
Grateful for the job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 8, 2017
A typical day at work included lot's of cleaning patient rooms, a lot of constant change meaning you could be doing one task and quickly be moved to another task without notice. What I learned was a lot of patience. The hardest part of the job was inconsistency. The most enjoyable part about the job was the work hours.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Unorganized
not a bad job
Health Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 6, 2017
Good people, decent hours, pay could be better and new insurance is not great. generally pretty flexible if you need time off or need to step out for a bit during the day.
Pros
good staff
Cons
low pay
Hillcrest Is a Great Company to work for
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 26, 2017
It is a fun filled working environment with the ability to interact with lots of different personalities. Not very flexible, but great pay. If you are working your way through college I would definitely put this place as a possibility.